Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex: Demario Davis "popped" hammy in conditioning run

Rex: Demario Davis "popped" hammy in conditioning run

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex: Demario Davis "popped" hammy in conditioning run. Doesn't think it's serious, but never gd when "popped" and "hammy" in same sentence.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan says that Matt Slauson (shoulder) and Bryan Thomas (Achilles) should be full go at practice.

I really hope it's nothing. hate that word "popped". dam, this is scary

It's a hamstring...

1 month and he'll be fine. Sucks for his development though. Basically lessens the chance of any immediate impact. Shouldn't be needed however with Harris being a beast and Bart being so much lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    It's a hamstring...

1 month and he'll be fine. Sucks for his development though. Basically lessens the chance of any immediate impact. Shouldn't be needed however with Harris being a beast and Bart being so much lighter.
    this is assuming it's that serious...could keep him out for a few days and that's that...

All League
    Charter JI Member

The problem will arise when the young rook pushes it too much when he's not 100% healed.

And he will push it because he's a rookie and will feel like he has to in order to earn a job.

and Davis' game is built around his speed. Really need to play it safe with this one.

If I'm not mistaken, this happened before training camp. He was on the PUP list a few days ago with a hamstring. I think semeni is just reporting it now.

Not that it makes it any less severe, but it could have happened like a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this happened before training camp. He was on the PUP list a few days ago with a hamstring. I think semeni is just reporting it now.

Not that it makes it any less severe, but it could have happened like a week ago.
    Earlier in the week during rookies physical/conditioning runs...Rex said he "popped" it while speaking with the Jets beat reporters today and they are reporting what Rex said

All Pro
    Not good.

"Hamstring" and "not serious" don't really go together. All it takes is a tweak and it can linger for months.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    this is assuming it's that serious...could keep him out for a few days and that's that...
    I don't know if you've ever popped a hammy before but I have several times.

It's more than a few days. Even with all the sophisticated rehab equipment.

Ive had a hamstring injury and it can def linger. It reappears when you go into that extra gear before you're really healed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Ive had a hamstring injury and it can def linger. It reappears when you go into that extra gear before you're really healed.
    Yup. Matt Kemp was on the DL for a good 1 1/2 months with a "popped" hammy.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Just did this saving a bouncy ball from the street, my hammy is cool though.

Rub it out Demario. no homo

Jets Insider VIP
    Sigh

Hall Of Fame
    Are we sure it was "popped" and not "tweaked"?

_

There goes the season....when is the draft next year??

Hall Of Fame
    "Popped" does not sound good.

I am hoping it was more of a "tweak" or "pull".

Does anybody still want to cut Bart Scott?
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-26-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Bust. Cut the mush.

Popped doesn't sound bad to me. Sounds like he didn't stretch and he just had a spasm. If I hear ripped, cut, pulled, tore, over extended, or bruised then I'm concerned.