Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher "But I'm Not Wrong"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill Maher "But I'm Not Wrong"

Wow.

I used to like him as a Comedian when he'd do standup, but I think he finally reached the point where his hatred and politics jumped his funny.

And if anyone ever needs proof of the double standard between what the right can say and what the elft can say, just watch this comedy routine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christian rock bands aren't as good as regular rock bands.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Christian rock bands aren't as good as regular rock bands.

Agreed.

Most of my favorite Comedians are pretty left, so in this case, it's not a bias thing. Liberals are funnier than Cons. Maher though is just angry and hateful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not funny.

If you want good political comedy listen to George Carlin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lawrence ODonnell is a much better comedian...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a radical liberal douchebag.

I'm not the most religious man myself, but I watched 15 minutes of that "Religulous" crap and had to change the channel.

Just a swarmy, arrogant little a$$hole.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    He's not funny.

If you want good political comedy listen to George Carlin
    May he RIP.

Amongst the living, I like Lewis Black.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maher is intelligent and sometimes funny but he does a disservice to the political cause he stands for with his attitude towards people who disagree with him. He is no better for public discourse then Rush Limbaugh, who is a comedian as well (even if the unwashed masses disagree).

Now here is someone that makes interesting political points in a way that is funny and light-hearted, for the most part. I love his take on the ridiculous "you did not build it" propaganda;

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...matical-gaffes

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Maher is intelligent and sometimes funny but he does a disservice to the political cause he stands for with his attitude towards people who disagree with him. He is no better for public discourse then Rush Limbaugh, who is a comedian as well (even if the unwashed masses disagree).

Now here is someone that makes interesting political points in a way that is funny and light-hearted, for the most part. I love his take on the ridiculous "you did not build it" propaganda;

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...matical-gaffes

No surprise you are well versed in Maher and The Daily show. Thats where most people get their politics anyway.

Ever watched Kudlow? Listen to Bob Brinker on Sunday afternoon? Read a Wall street journal?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Thats where most people get their politics anyway.
    Political satire is as old as organized government is. When people formed their first governments, there was a guy standing there making fun of them....it gives a person a good way to attack your political opponent.

This sh*t wasn't invented in the past 10 years.

People have been getting the politics from comedy and satire thousands of years before our country was even discovered....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maher is intelligent
    Challenge. No evidence of this whatsoever. In fact, his kneejerk, hysterical (unhinged, not funny) putdowns of anyone who disagrees with him argue for just the opposite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The level of sexism and misogyny displayed by Maher in one hour of standup puts Limbaughs entire career to shame, the recent "slutgate" included.

This is one reason I have a VERY hard time taking liberal outrage seriously. If liberals (speaking generaly) were so deeply offended by sexism and mistreatement of women, a Bill Maher would never, ever, be tolerated on your "side".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If liberals (speaking generaly) were so deeply offended by sexism and mistreatement of women, a Bill Maher would never, ever, be tolerated on your "side".
    There would also not be a single good comedian in America.

Unless Larry the Cable guy is your thing.

Nope.

He's sexist too.

Damn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    No surprise you are well versed in Maher and The Daily show. Thats where most people get their politics anyway.

Ever watched Kudlow? Listen to Bob Brinker on Sunday afternoon? Read a Wall street journal?
    So wait, if you enjoy the daily show then you can't watch/read traditional sources?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-27-2012 at 11:36 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The level of sexism and misogyny displayed by Maher in one hour of standup puts Limbaughs entire career to shame, the recent "slutgate" included.

This is one reason I have a VERY hard time taking liberal outrage seriously. If liberals (speaking generaly) were so deeply offended by sexism and mistreatement of women, a Bill Maher would never, ever, be tolerated on your "side".
    I cannot speak for "my side" only for myself. I am simply not a fan of Maher's style. Its okay to add humor to political discourse but its not okay to disrespect and degrade people who do not share the same opinion.

But you should have just as much of a hard time taking conservatives seriously who are outraged about any number of things only to tolerate it from "their side". (ex: constitutional violations, government overreach, wasteful spending, corruption, special interests and on and on)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot speak for "my side" only for myself. I am simply not a fan of Maher's style. Its okay to add humor to political discourse but its not okay to disrespect and degrade people who do not share the same opinion.

But you should have just as much of a hard time taking conservatives seriously who are outraged about any number of things only to tolerate it from "their side". (ex: constitutional violations, government overreach, wasteful spending, corruption, special interests and on and on)
    As a counterpoint,I don't see Megyn Kelly, Neil Cavuto, Dana Perino or Bret Baier behaving with hate and venom. Or some of the Fox Five.

Then shall we say: Chris Matthews, Martin Bashir (the Islamist), Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell. "The MSNBC Circle of Hate".

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    As a counterpoint,I don't see Megyn Kelly, Neil Cavuto, Dana Perino or Bret Baier behaving with hate and venom. Or some of the Fox Five.

Then shall we say: Chris Matthews, Martin Bashir (the Islamist), Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell. "The MSNBC Circle of Hate".
    Bob Beckel is the only one spewing hate on The Five..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    There would also not be a single good comedian in America.
    Untrue IMO. There is humour, and there is hate. In the eye of the beholder of course, but I see hate in Maher. I don't see that in too many other comedians, even if/when telling sexist jokes.

****, I like me some Tosh, fav. commedian in years, and he's as horrible towards women as they come. But in him, I don't see hate in his jokes.

Unless Larry the Cable guy is your thing.
    When he was a regular on 98 Rock in Baltimore, before he broke, he was actually pretty funny.

Now, not so much.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you only read me when I rail on Liberals? Cause I write alot more than that here. Just say'in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Bob Beckel is the only one spewing hate on The Five..
    I omitted him purposely. Of course, he's a Dem. And a drunk and drug addict so he has an excuse.