Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher "But I'm Not Wrong"

I'm for free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm for free speech.
    You might want to have a tlak with Rohm Emanual then, apparently he's not.

Suprised, tbqh, the Chick-Fil-A wargarbl hasn't really been touched on here, given how horribad the reaction to it has been.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm for free speech.
    the rallying cry of trolls everywhere! Ironing - you posted some.

I'm for free speech.
    Me too. Which means the government shouldn't be regulating Maher, or Limbaugh, or anyone else for non-criminal content (and criminal speech is few and far between, essentially limited to "go kill this person").

But "free speech" doesn't mean that social opprobrium for inappropriate speech is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Suprised, tbqh, the Chick-Fil-A wargarbl hasn't really been touched on here, given how horribad the reaction to it has been.
    Their chicken is delicious...

That's all I care about

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

That's all I care about
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    As a counterpoint,I don't see Megyn Kelly, Neil Cavuto, Dana Perino or Bret Baier behaving with hate and venom. Or some of the Fox Five.

Then shall we say: Chris Matthews, Martin Bashir (the Islamist), Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell. "The MSNBC Circle of Hate".

Of course you don't....

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Of course you don't....

Now I understand (actually I have for a while) why today's kid are coming out of school ignorant. Ignorant teachers who have NOT accomplished anything in their lives. No open mind. That wouldn't be you? Now would it.
    How'd you spend MayDay?
    Oh. BTW, when did you have a homeless prostitute move in with your family, thereby putting your money (what littlke you deserve as a teacher) where your mouth is?

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Now I understand (actually I have for a while) why today's kid are coming out of school ignorant. Ignorant teachers who have NOT accomplished anything in their lives. No open mind. That wouldn't be you? Now would it.
    How'd you spend MayDay?
    Oh. BTW, when did you have a homeless prostitute move in with your family, thereby putting your money (what littlke you deserve as a teacher) where your mouth is?
    It always fascinates me when someone on an internet forum talks rough and tough because it is obvious that they are overcompensating for what they are lacking.

So with that post I must say good bye to you and put you on ignore. We can disagree and trade some good natured barbs but engaging with someone who wants to exchange nasty personal attacks is simply something I am not interested in.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-27-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Untrue IMO. There is humour, and there is hate. In the eye of the beholder of course, but I see hate in Maher. I don't see that in too many other comedians, even if/when telling sexist jokes.

****, I like me some Tosh, fav. commedian in years, and he's as horrible towards women as they come. But in him, I don't see hate in his jokes.
    the exact same thing is true of Rust Lintballs.

The man is a giant pile of hogie-clogged artery hate.

Yet, you defended him.

Weird.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All Pro
    I'm for free speech.
    You are not for scuba?

All League
    It is comical how Rush and Rachel Maddow don't realize they're actually one in the same...everything is in absolutes according to what they "know" to be right. Each hypocritically points at the other's beliefs as unreasonable and inflexible.

Bill Mahr was relatively even handed when his show first debuted years ago...now its morphed into a comedy version of MSNBC. He'll have a token conservative on his panel simply as cannon fodder for his smarmy quips about how dumb everything they believe is.

I find any talk show host who only spouts their hardline propaganda to be rather boring. I guess moderates aren't very interesting...

****, I like me some Tosh, fav. commedian in years, and he's as horrible towards women as they come. But in him, I don't see hate in his jokes.
    I love Tosh:

"Money doesn't buy happiness." Uh, do you live in America? 'Cause it buys a WaveRunner. Have you ever seen a sad person on a WaveRunner? Have you? Seriously, have you? Try to frown on a WaveRunner. You can't! They're so awesome, it's just throttle. People smile as they hit the pier. Because you forget, you need gas to turn. It goes against your natural instincts. Some of you aren't laughing; we all miss your cousin, but not laughing's not gonna bring him back. He's dead for a reason. He was a show-off, and he tried to spray us. "I didn't wanna get wet!" I yelled at his mother at the funeral.

I love comedians who say inappropriate things, because most of the time that's the joke.

Maher I can't stand, I never found him funny. I came across his show once and stayed for a few minutes (some guest must have made me linger). I am probably getting this all wrong, but he said something that was blmaing people who buy cheap stuff at places like target and walmart for our problems. That no one should buy cheap socks or something like that. It was such a condescending comment where I reacted with a "F you, not everyone has a TV show douchebag."

Even his old standup, just never did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    the exact same thing is true of Rust Lintballs.

The man is a giant pile of hogie-clogged artery hate.

Yet, you defended him.

Weird.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Defended how?

His right to exist? Aye.

His role as an entertainer? Aye.

I support both for Maher as well. I'm just dissapointed he jumped the shark from funny to hateful.

I'll let everyone else decide if they find Limbaugh this or that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He's a bitter ******* fueled on ignorance and white guilt.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    He's a bitter ******* fueled on ignorance and white guilt.
    +1

Used to be a fan of him and Letterman, but as with many other shrieky libs, when they finally got enought money to completely insulate themselves from the very people whom they purport to champion, they assumed the mantle of bitter old Queens and now use their careers to assauge their own guilt and fading testosterone.

-

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

That's all I care about
    +1

My brother lives in Baltimore. Whenever I'm down there for a weekend, I make sure we get chick-fil-a.

I don't worry about the political beliefs of the folks that provide the best chicken sandwich ever.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    It always fascinates me when someone on an internet forum talks rough and tough because it is obvious that they are overcompensating for what they are lacking.

So with that post I must say good bye to you and put you on ignore. We can disagree and trade some good natured barbs but engaging with someone who wants to exchange nasty personal attacks is simply something I am not interested in.
    That's not tough talk. Obvious, despite being "intelligent" you confuse challenging language with tough.
    My point is you bleed for the unfortunate,m so do something. Bring that hooker in and convert her. Or spend time at home curing the crack addict. These are your causes, as they not? They sure aren't mine and I could care less about such people.
    I knew you didn't have the bal** to be able to try and converse with me. You are closeminded. That generally comes with a sheltered existence. See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    +1

My brother lives in Baltimore. Whenever I'm down there for a weekend, I make sure we get chick-fil-a.

I don't worry about the political beliefs of the folks that provide the best chicken sandwich ever.
    Get their chicken biscuits in the morning... Friggin' yum.

You might want to have a tlak with Rohm Emanual then, apparently he's not.

people can say whatever they want. The globe keeps spinning no?