Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another troubled player ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Another troubled player ?

Well, if true, this certainly isn't going to look very good on the resume of Joseph Addai, who is now looking for work after getting a look in New England. In a seemingly surprise move, the Patriots released [Addai] on the eve of training camp. But according to a league source, the veteran running back was struggling during his conditioning test and simply "quit." He was not long in New England after that. Bill Belichick's comment on the subject Thursday morning was to the point. "It didn't work out." The 29-year old back played just 20 games over the last two seasons because of injury. CSNNE.com

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Well, if true, this certainly isn't going to look very good on the resume of Joseph Addai, who is now looking for work after getting a look in New England. In a seemingly surprise move, the Patriots released [Addai] on the eve of training camp. But according to a league source, the veteran running back was struggling during his conditioning test and simply "quit." He was not long in New England after that. Bill Belichick's comment on the subject Thursday morning was to the point. "It didn't work out." The 29-year old back played just 20 games over the last two seasons because of injury. CSNNE.com
    Troubled?

Seems like "out of shape" and "ready to retire" would be more accurate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Another troubled player?

Which other out of shape players are troubled?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is only 29 years old.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does "another" even refer to? Who are all the other troubled players, and does that refer to the Pats, the NFL in general, what? This news was already reported, I don't get the premise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats fans react to his signing...

WOW, I never thought to see Addai in a Patriots uniform. At least we have a Veteran RB to mold these yougins!
    He was actually pretty good when healthy. And he had to pass block and he can catch out of the backfield. And he's used to working with a cerebral QB in a no huddle format.
    He is a do your job no nonsense ego at the door kind of player, had to be in that role in Indy.
    He is an excellent signing, really good 3rd down back and good deep in the red zone too.
    Wow! One more excellent signing. Another offensive weapon who will, in addition, ground our young running backs. Glad he's now on our side.
    I love this pick. We need a leader to act as 'player-coach' for our young RBs. Love it!!!!

Pluse we'll get some good mileage out of him. Guaranteed.
    Love this signing, Addai does it all well, great pass blocker,pass catcher,and a decent runner. Coming off a bad season but, I think he can rebound. I think he'll make the roster with Woody,Vereen,& Ridley. Love Faulk but, he should probably retire.
    I can see a role for him with the PATs. From what I read he is very
    good in pass protection. Faulk was good but at his age he may not be
    up to the physicality of that task. He is also a good receiver out of the
    backfield.

So on passing downs when the opposition is bringing the house
    Addai may be the best and certainly the most experienced the PATs have
    for that role.
    Woodhead is too small for pass blocking.(IMO)
    Good signing.
    I really like this signing, don't expect huge numbers out of him but he will hopefully rub off on Ridley/Vereen and teach them how things work. Addai is also a very solid rush blocker, this off-season keeps getting better and better. Superbowl or bust baby.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yes, some Pats fans were excited about bringing a veteran presence who has performed well in a pass-first offense. He was never expected to surpass Ridley or Vereen on the depth chart. Many Pats fans actually questioned the signing in the first place. There are some boards that were highly critical of it.

If your intention is to put egg on the faces of Pats fans because of the signing, well... fail. Dude never even played a preseason down.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's an old 29.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Yes, some Pats fans were excited about bringing a veteran presence who has performed well in a pass-first offense. He was never expected to surpass Ridley or Vereen on the depth chart. Many Pats fans actually questioned the signing in the first place. There are some boards that were highly critical of it.

If your intention is to put egg on the faces of Pats fans because of the signing, well... fail. Dude never even played a preseason down.
    My intent was that there are portions (in your case, American sized portions) of fans who feel their team can do no wrong...

The entire basis of trolling a Jets site is to attempt to keep a realistic perspective for Jets fans...

It looks like you still have work left to do on your own boards...

Please go back and clean up your own house before you try to clean up ours...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My intent was that there are portions (in your case, American sized portions) of fans who feel their team can do no wrong...

The entire basis of trolling a Jets site is to attempt to keep a realistic perspective for Jets fans...

Everyone's excited about every FA pickup and draft pick before the season starts. Jet fans are getting pretty excited about Otah before he's even on the team. If you grabbed all of those quotes from patsfans.com then you're anti-trolling. The Addai pickup was a low-key acquisition on the Pats board and met with tons of skepticism and gets more attention over here. There's something wrong with that situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Lolz.

You showed him!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like the patsie fans weren't looking at addai objectively. he was on the decline in indy in spite of being 29.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    looks like the patsie fans weren't looking at addai objectively. he was on the decline in indy in spite of being 29.
    Then you're reading the wrong boards. Pats fans don't exclusively flock to patsfans.com.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Then you're reading the wrong boards. Pats fans don't exclusively flock to patsfans.com.
    You're right.

They flock to jetsinsider.com to police the Jets fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    29 is more often than not old for a RB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're right.

They flock to jetsinsider.com to police the Jets fans.
    lol. Maybe some do. There are enough here trying to police their own. Seriously, Addai was a nice option, failed before it started, it's not worthy of any further discussion, on a Pats or Jets board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Lolz.

You showed him!
    You notice how the more you started posting on the Strip again, the more you started getting banned

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    he just got cut by a team that has two running backs worse than the Bilal Powell/Terence Ganaway combo

washed up

not needed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what is the point about, that patriot fans were happy to have Addai aboard and thought that he could find a role as a 3rd down back?

I was one of them, I was happy that they gave Gonsales a shot too. The pats signed 13 FA this off season I was happy that they signed all of them. most likely 1/2 of them won't be on the roster in Sept. I am still happy that they signed all 13.

No patriot fan that I know of thought he was going to start or even see significant time say 125 snaps. if you comparing that to what jet fans were saying when the Otah trade happened, (and patriot fans reaction to their posts) most of whom thought that Otah was not just going to make the team but be the starting RT.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    So what is the point about, that patriot fans were happy to have Addai aboard and thought that he could find a role as a 3rd down back?

I was one of them, I was happy that they gave Gonsales a shot too. The pats signed 13 FA this off season I was happy that they signed all of them. most likely 1/2 of them won't be on the roster in Sept. I am still happy that they signed all 13.

No patriot fan that I know of thought he was going to start or even see significant time say 125 snaps. if you comparing that to what jet fans were saying when the Otah trade happened, (and patriot fans reaction to their posts) most of whom thought that Otah was not just going to make the team but be the starting RT.

There is no point.