Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Lombardi: (paraphrasing) "not sure about the overall talent on the NY Jets"
    This guy is the absolute WORST & he is a HUGE JET HATER!
    He even paraphrased that "Jet fans won't like this, but", he did that because he gets a late of hatemails from Jets fans!

Here's a guy that was a complete & utter failure with Belichick in Cleveland, & then he was in upper management with the Raiders during what many say was the worst 10 year run by any NFL in history.

He's a complete azz! Oh, by the way he was LAUDING THE GREAT BELICHICK with the Ocho Stinko & Fat Haynesworth moves last year, would luv to have someone remind him about that. He's a Patriots BALL WASHER that somehow someone at NFL network thinks is relevant.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Flight 5 Live ‏@5NLive
    Rex is very encouraged by TE Hayden Smith. Trying to teach him the game on the fly. He is 100% ahead of where he thought he'd be.
    For the lay person, that means he's twice the guy he thought he'd be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Is this guy effing kidding me?

Oh my god, I just can't stand these idiots! When I heard that, I'm like, WHAT?
    He's like, he's got 50 games in now, so what does that mean?
    He had 32 TDs last year behind the worst Oline play since the Jets trotted out Adrian Clark.
    Here's the problem....The NFL has become such a HUGE BUSINESS & so followed, all of these guys think they need to make STATEMENTS, CREATE CONTROVERSY.
    They are really just trying to stay newsworthy, cause in this business you always have another young gun that just graduated Sports journalism that wants your stupid azz job throwing around BS.
    Like John Lynch taking Baldinger's TV gig as a color commentator on Fox a couple of years ago.

Just a dumb comment to make. Who else other than Baldinger has said that about Sanchez? Eh, he's an Eagles fan.

Ever since Sal Palantonio got to Cortland he's been saying that there's not even a hint of a QB competition within the Jets organization. Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is going to have a defined role in the offense.

But that's not a sexy story, so don't expect to see it reflected in the headlines that ESPN runs with. They're a "news and entertainment" network, but it's the entertainment that pays their salaries.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Good lord; I'm getting a chubby!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    keep in mind that Slauson lost his champion in Callahan. This new staff on offense has no loyalty to Slauson. they didn't recruit him in college and they didn't draft him. And as previous posters noted he is going into his last year of rookie contract. This is a real competition and Slauson could lose.

Nice to see you posting again. WF has been pining for you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Nice to see you posting again. WF has been pining for you.
    Make no mistake about it...Matt Bitonti has never, ever liked Matt Slauson

All Pro
    I would be shocked if Ducasse beats out Slauson. This is definitely a sink or swim move by the coaching staff, and if he sinks, I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut before the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    They're riding the national media wave that the Jets have no chance and are going backwards... I love it!
    The seasons in our history where we've been successful were usually years we were being counted out before the season began, I love it also...

Jets Insider VIP
    Ever since Sal Palantonio got to Cortland he's been saying that there's not even a hint of a QB competition within the Jets organization. Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is going to have a defined role in the offense.
    Nobody thinks there is a qb controversy. Sanchez is the starter. But if he struggles during the season, there will be a short leash and the team will be handed over to tebow.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nobody thinks there is a qb controversy.
    You haven't been watching ESPN or NFL Network. They are certainly painting that picture.

Apparently our training camp is a circus. At least that's what NFL network said on Wednesday. Coverage from ESPN and NFL network of the Jets is unbearable.