Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camp Updates

Wait how is Hayden Smith wearing #82? I though Mulligan's number was retired.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Chaz Schilens gets not enough love. Runs solid underneath route & comes up w/ catch. If healthy, can make #jets fans forget Braylon. #nfl
    I'm really interested in seeing what Schillens can do for us this year. Could be a nice signing, at a position where we could use some major help.

love this Rex presser .... pretty much, Schotty, eat it

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex emphasizing "hidden depth" on off line, guys who can play many spots. Another ex of crossover: they've talked abt Cromartie at WR.

Jets' plan for Landry was to have him practice "every third day," Rex said. He says biggest challenge is protecting him from himself.

All League
    Brian Baldinger, on NFL Network, said "Sanchez has already hit his ceiling" as a QB...

we will see...

Cromartie at WR? What the hell for??? Unless it's strictly redzone.

All League
    Lombardi: (paraphrasing) "not sure about the overall talent on the NY Jets"

Flight 5 Live ‏@5NLive
    Rex is very encouraged by TE Hayden Smith. Trying to teach him the game on the fly. He is 100% ahead of where he thought he'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Brian Baldinger, on NFL Network, said "Sanchez has already hit his ceiling" as a QB...

we will see...
    yeah. I mean Sanchez is already 25!!! he must have hit his ceiling! Baldinger sucks more than Lombardi. I bet Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Matt Hasselbeck will disagree about hitting a ceiling that young

Two other things from the Rex presser:

-Stephen Hill apparently put Revis on his a$$ while blocking on a run play today.
    -All receivers and TEs were averaging 15+ yards per catch. Stretch that field.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Cromartie at WR? What the hell for??? Unless it's strictly redzone.
    Why the hell not? He obviously isn't a starter just for a trick play here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    -All receivers and TEs were averaging 15+ yards per catch. Stretch that field.
    Nobody has said that here for 6 years

Giants completely flopped in Free Agency last year and everyone was saying similar things about the Giants in camp.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The Jets first padded practice will be on Sunday

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Nobody has said that here for 6 years
    Isn't it refreshing?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    yeah. I mean Sanchez is already 25!!! he must have hit his ceiling! Baldinger sucks more than Lombardi. I bet Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Matt Hasselbeck will disagree about hitting a ceiling that young
    they're both horrible douchebags. so dumb.

we will see...
    Is this guy effing kidding me?

Oh my god, I just can't stand these idiots! When I heard that, I'm like, WHAT?
    He's like, he's got 50 games in now, so what does that mean?
    He had 32 TDs last year behind the worst Oline play since the Jets trotted out Adrian Clark.
    Here's the problem....The NFL has become such a HUGE BUSINESS & so followed, all of these guys think they need to make STATEMENTS, CREATE CONTROVERSY.
    They are really just trying to stay newsworthy, cause in this business you always have another young gun that just graduated Sports journalism that wants your stupid azz job throwing around BS.

Lombardi is all fluff and no real knowledge. I listened to him a bunch of times on the BS Report and all you need to know is he though the Dolphins were superbowl contenders the past two years based on his "blue chip" player philosphy. He can talk his ass off which probaly is the reason he snuck his way into a Raider job and is now a perpetual analyst.

Oh and Baldinger? Why should anyone care what a former undrafted lineman who had a mediocre career and has been commentatiing the past 15 years has to say about Sanchez.

It really is amazing how many people get a microphone in front of them and start to believe they are qualified enough to talk about a players ceiling. The only one who knows Mark's ceiling is Mark and if he is half the player I think he is we will see a higher one this year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Giants completely flopped in Free Agency last year and everyone was saying similar things about the Giants in camp.
    They're riding the national media wave that the Jets have no chance and are going backwards... I love it!

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I just saw Sal Palantonio and Keyshawn report from TC and they said that Sanchez looks in command, accurate, sharp and ripped with a lot of extra muscle. They sounded very much impressed with his demeanor and his throwing. It was encouraging to hear, even though it's only the first day of camp.
    Good lord; I'm getting a chubby!