Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camp Updates

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thanks for the updates guys.

This is interesting. Hopefully we get some more info on this.

Feel bad for Sanchez and Tebow. Every single pass is getting scrutinized. It is freakin practice.
    If I recall correctly - the writers did the same thing all last yrs TC in regards to reporting attempts/completions for the QBs...

The Vlad / Slauson alternating...It could be easing Slauson back in from his shoulder surgery..Or maybe it's more than that and maybe Vlad is really in the mix....Remember Slauson is in the final year of his contract.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If I recall correctly - the writers did the same thing all last yrs TC in regards to reporting attempts/completions for the QBs...

The Vlad / Slauson alternating...It could be easing Slauson back in from his shoulder surgery..Or maybe it's more than that and maybe Vlad is really in the mix....Remember Slauson is in the final year of his contract.
    Call me crazy but I think Sparano wants to see where he's at and throwing him on the 1st team is an easy way to do that...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Terrible news!!! This team is doomed without RG 4
    sorry it wasn't earth shattering news....smh

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Call me crazy but I think Sparano wants to see where he's at and throwing him on the 1st team is an easy way to do that...
    Absolutely!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably easing Slauson back in, but also they really need (again) to give Vlad a look with the 1s. They have to. sink or swim time, Vlado

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how much you can see in OLs without pads, maybe how they grasp the concepts. This is basically education time, and that's what Vlad needs the most. I do agree easing Slauson in is probably a contributing factor.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm not mistaken this is all helmets and shorts work. No pads allowed until after two days of training camp.

We'll truly see how Vlad and Hunter are holding up (as well as the QBs) when the real practices start.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Slauson didn't know he'd be rotating reps w/Ducasse until this morn. His take: If it looks like a competition, it probably is

Wayne Hunter says Jets gave him heads up about Otah trade. He expected move like this all offseason. But believes it's his job to lose

Otah said his knee is getting strength back after "tweaking" in OTAs. Will he pass physical? "We'll see."

Slauson also took a rep or two at RT. He said not to read into that. Figures they just want to see if he can in emergency.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jeff Otah is still in limbo until he passes his physical. But he maintains he is "close... Almost there."
    Last edited by C Mart; 07-27-2012 at 11:22 AM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I call this - generating controversy that doesn't exist:

Jeane Coakley ‏@JeaneCoakley
    Guess who the masses of media members are surrounding?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I call this - generating controversy that doesn't exist:

Jeane Coakley ‏@JeaneCoakley
    Guess who the masses of media members are surrounding?

+1

It's all media created / driven...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I thought.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Slauson didn't know he'd be rotating reps w/Ducasse until this morn. His take: If it looks like a competition, it probably is

Wayne Hunter says Jets gave him heads up about Otah trade. He expected move like this all offseason. But believes it's his job to lose

Otah said his knee is getting strength back after "tweaking" in OTAs. Will he pass physical? "We'll see."
    I guess it is a competition. I think Slauson will easily win it. I know I am a bit of a Slauson homer but I thought he played well last season AND he was hurt. We will see. Maybe the light bulb has finally gone on in Vlad's head.

"Well see" is not encouraging coming from Otah. I am much more worried about RT than LG.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the updates guys. Much appreciated

GO JETS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Thanks for the updates guys, please keep them coming.

I can't help myself, even tweets about training camp gets me excited. The season can't come soon enough.
    +1

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed....To me, the presence of Tebow doesn't change much w/r/t Sanchez. He's always under the microscope regardless of who is behind him. Just because it was Grandpa Brunell behind him last year didn't make it any less stressful for him - he was, and is, a relatively unproven, but still young QB in NY, who has been on the cover of magazines. The pressure, and attention, would still be there even if Tebow wasn't here. Does Tebow being here give everyone a new and improved story line? Sure, but I don't think it makes a real difference to Sanchez as far as feeling the pressure.

These guys are microanalyzed all the time in TC. We're all following every play just like we have in the past. And if it pushes him more, that's not a negative in my mind. Sanchez seems to respond well to those situations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this sh1t!

Love how this team was put together... Good mix of young talented athletic players, as well as seasoned vets who have retribution on their plate...Last years' disappointing season is a terrific motivator...and oh yeah! My boy Sanchez is gonna have a great year!!

Lets go Jets!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    LG Matt Slauson said he's 100% following offseason shoulder surgery. Said he felt great on the field today.

LG Matt Slauson said he hasn't been told in so many words that he's in a competition with Vlad Ducasse, but was told he'd be splitting time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep in mind that Slauson lost his champion in Callahan. This new staff on offense has no loyalty to Slauson. they didn't recruit him in college and they didn't draft him. And as previous posters noted he is going into his last year of rookie contract. This is a real competition and Slauson could lose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is NFL network wasting so much time on Sanchez/Tebow? the real story is Slauson/Vlad

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    keep in mind that Slauson lost his champion in Callahan. This new staff on offense has no loyalty to Slauson. they didn't recruit him in college and they didn't draft him. And as previous posters noted he is going into his last year of rookie contract. This is a real competition and Slauson could lose.
    Vlad just seems so lost I don't know if he can win it. But again, it's a new year so we'll see. Slauson is a grinder and strong as an ox. He's not great, but he's kind of a tough guy, which is sorely needed on this OL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I'm not sure how much you can see in OLs without pads, maybe how they grasp the concepts. This is basically education time, and that's what Vlad needs the most. I do agree easing Slauson in is probably a contributing factor.
    Correct, no pads yet per Rex per CBA