Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hill knocked Revis on his butt?

Hill knocked Revis on his butt?

Interesting tidbits from Rex's presser so far:

-Stephen Hill apparently put Revis on his a$$ while blocking on a run play today.
    -All receivers and TEs were averaging 15+ yards per catch.
    -Cromartie might take some snaps at WR.

Hill might be a little raw, but the Jets will be using a lot of play-action and that will be perfect for him. A ultra fast dude with blocking skills is perfect for play action. Block on this play, block on that play, next play sell the block then streak downfield. Sanchez just has to hit him

All Pro
    Love the sound of that.

God I'm so excited.

We need Hill to develop quickly & from everything I read from the combine this kid is wicked smart & works really hard.

When your 6-3 220 & run a 4.3 the only thing that's missing is the brains to put it all together.
    You look at someone like Ocho Stinko & he couldn't even succeed with Tom Brady throwing to him because he had no idea what he was doing.
    Think about how long that dude succeeded with just his physical talents!

Now you got a guy that's more physically talented than an Ocho but also as the smarts to go along with it.
    I think Hill will be one of those players that gets better as the season progresses & learns a lot by being on the field.
    I also believe that we will see him put a safety or CB on his azz so that someone can run all the way to the endzone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Got to like that we finally have speed on the outside... Hill will also open up things for McKnight coming out of the backfield...

Not to nitpick but Hill is 6'4" closer to 6'5". And ocho Stinko on his best day with wheels on could never run a 4.3.

Imagine the Tebow Wildcat package with 7 lineman and Hill and Cromartie at WR (two burners who beat almost any 1 on 1 coverage)

It would force the defense to give safety help on both sides and put only 7 in the box while we have an extra blocker. Tebow throws a nice deep ball too.

Advantage: Jets

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Not to nitpick but Hill is 6'4" closer to 6'5". And ocho Stinko on his best day with wheels on could never run a 4.3.
    To nitpick further he's actually 6'4 exactly given the combine numbers.

And Ocho was more of a 4.4 guy but I wouldn't be shocked he could get into the high 4.3s at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    To nitpick further he's actually 6'4 exactly given the combine numbers.

And Ocho was more of a 4.4 guy but I wouldn't be shocked he could get into the high 4.3s at one point.
    He was 4.54 at the combines...not blazing. I don't know where you'r getting the 4.4 or 4.3 but I doubt it.

It must have been an accident, NFL teams are to allowed to have contact drills the first three days of camp.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It must have been an accident, NFL teams are to allowed to have contact drills the first three days of camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    cricketts
    Because it was a 100% troll comment and not worthy of a response.

All Pro
    Maybe because it doesn't make any sense Teams are to allowed

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Maybe because it doesn't make any sense Teams are to allowed
    Oh, I will play along There was contact during a training event that the league mandated had to be no contact, and that that contact was reported on by the media.

This is very similar to what occurred last year with Pete Carrol in Seattle. Where the players let the competition get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Because it was a 100% troll comment and not worthy of a response.
    You don't think hitting during a non contact drill is worth of comment.

Jets Insider VIP
    You don't think hitting during a non contact drill is worth of comment.
    But you said it "must have been an accident."

All Pro
    Oh, I will play along There was contact during a training event that the league mandated had to be no contact, and that that contact was reported on by the media.

This is very similar to what occurred last year with Pete Carrol in Seattle. Where the players let the competition get to them.
    I'm just saying that it's hard to understand what "Teams are to allowed to have contact drills" means. Maybe that's how you guys talk in Baaston, but down here that makes no sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Revis is a lover, not a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    He was 4.54 at the combines...not blazing. I don't know where you'r getting the 4.4 or 4.3 but I doubt it.
    Could have been having a bad day. Chad Johnson never had a problem getting a step on most corners when he was in his prime. He also strikes me as a guy that might not have properly prepared for the combine.