Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Just Called Himself "The Greatest Defensive Coach in Football"

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Just Called Himself "The Greatest Defensive Coach in Football"

Added, in jokey-seriousness, that "Dick LaBeau is pretty good" and "Bill Belichick is pretty good."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take no issue with it, as it infers presently...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Rock on Rex! Let's kill some Qb's, and score some points.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 07-27-2012 at 12:47 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    O M G ! ! ! ! !

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex swaggin' out all over the media, lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was actually being modest. He's more than the greatest defensive coach in the NFL, he's the greatest human being - real or fictional - in the history of the world.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The man is a great defensive minded coach, who just so happens to have a good time/fun time with the media while enjoying his life at the same time. Big deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's right.

Belichick is clearly a far better HC but hasn't fielded a top notch defense in years. LeBeau and a few other guys are probably in the conversation but you can make a great argument that Rex is the top defensive mind in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    He's right.

Belichick is clearly a far better HC but hasn't fielded a top notch defense in years. LeBeau and a few other guys are probably in the conversation but you can make a great argument that Rex is the top defensive mind in the game.
    Perhaps but I would prefer hearing it from someone other than Rex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why the fuss? we all saw what he did with the mangini patsie clone defense he inherited. with the exception of revis and harris and maybe pace, the defense didn't exactly have a bunch of playmakers. he brought in scott and leonhard and got the unit to the top 5. and even last season they were nealy top 5 in spite of some player declines and a really inept offense.

the bottom line is rex has done a superior job with the ravens and now the jets. best ever? at least he on the short list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

"I've changed. No more nonsense this year. We're just focusing on football."

--Rex Ryan

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is so great how come we were 8 and 8 last year? Its time for REX to show his greatness on the field! Its time to win a Super Bowl!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Insanity= doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting the results to be different. I think Rex was just practicing for his next job interview which will probably be mid January,2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how things go... Jets "Fans" loved Mangini at first, then started to rip him for anything he said or did.

Now Rex gets the same treatment despite being the 2nd best head coach this franchise has ever had. Even considering Weeb had an alltime quarterback while Rex has Sanchez.

I'm pretty confident Rex can coach a team to a super bowl as long as the QB play is good enough and that's all I want from a coach. There is no such thing as a coach who can win super bowls regardless of the QB. Because we have a coach capable of winning it all, I hope he wins for the sake of some ****ing continuity around this team. Continuity allows for consistent winning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If he is so great how come we were 8 and 8 last year? Its time for REX to show his greatness on the field! Its time to win a Super Bowl!

You're the same guy who claims in almost every post that Rex knows more about anything than any of us?

This post sounds a bit incongruous.

Did someone hack your account?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex rules.
    "I look at myself as the best defensive coach in football," Ryan said. "That's saying something because [Steelers defensive coordinator] Dick LeBeau is pretty darn good. [Patriots coach] Bill Belichick's pretty good.

"But that's the way I've always believed. … I'm going to be more involved over there whether it's calling games or whatever. Obviously, [defensive coordinator] Mike Pettine that's my right-hand guy. He's always been my right-hand guy and that's the way it's always going to be."
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Insanity= doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting the results to be different. I think Rex was just practicing for his next job interview which will probably be mid January,2013.
    I'd lay 5-1 he isn't fired any time before 2014. He's actually a pretty awesome coach, despite the irrational thinking of our idiotic fanbase.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Yep, our 5th ranked DEFENSE was trash..

As far as the quote itself, who the hell cares?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I have it as 2012 Week 8. We'll be 2-5 heading into the Miami game at home, Sparano ready to go.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Rex rules.

I'd lay 5-1 he isn't fired any time before 2014. He's actually a pretty awesome coach, despite the irrational thinking of our idiotic fanbase.
    I want that action. $100 good?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

You're the same guy who claims in almost every post that Rex knows more about anything than any of us?

This post sounds a bit incongruous.

Did someone hack your account?
    I could care less if he says it in every post, but he's absolutely correct in saying that Rex knows more about football than anyone on this board.

Would take an unbelievable amount of arrogance and narcissism to argue that fact.