Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schoddy quietly being skewered!

Schoddy quietly being skewered!

Say what you will but Sparano is getting a lot of respect from the players & the other coaches including Rex.
    Dude is no nonsense old school Parcells protoge, just what this offense needed.
    Shoddy was in over his head
    Rex is feeling good right now because he knows he doesn't have to light a fire under the offenses azzes with Sparano around.

Something also tells me that Shoddy was not very good with choosing the right personel, where Sparano will find out very quickly who can play & who can't.
    Our young running backs will get tested in this camp.
    Tony needs to know quickly who can help him if the Jets are ground & pound.

I agree and have noticed this also. In player interviews its been hinted that sparano is a breathe of fresh air and would rather line up and punch you in the mouth rather then try and confuse you. Thats what this team needs

Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia View Post
    I agree and have noticed this also. In player interviews its been hinted that sparano is a breathe of fresh air and would rather line up and punch you in the mouth rather then try and confuse you. Thats what this team needs
    Sparano comes from the KISS code- keep it simple stupid
    Parcells is from that same tree
    One of the things that I used to LOVE when Parcells coached the Jets was the way the offense came out of the huddle.
    It was like everyone was on the same page & he would even have them raise & lower precisely at the same time.
    I've always felt that discipline is so important. Doing something very simple so well that the other team can't stop it.
    Instead of a 5000 page playbook that no one can do anything REALLY WELL.
    Experts at nothing.

Schotty was OK in choosing personel, just not good at some other aspects.

Bottom line is you want a coach who can have players playing over their heads. Schotty typically had the offense underperforming despite some pretty good talent. Sparano has basically had guys overperforming most of his career despite relatively poor talent.

I was begging for Sparano mid year last year when it looked like Miami was probably going to fire him. Not his fault either. Team overperformed despite having zero QB. Matt moore played over his head as well as Chad having some of his best years. Henne is worthless and Sparano even had him looking decent.

To be a great coach in this league you have to have a QB. Every Jets fan should understand that from Parcells. Parcells is as good a coach as you'll ever see, but he also managed to lose quite a bit when Mirer was starting over that several game stretch in 1999.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 07-27-2012 at 01:43 PM.

good riddance to schitty. he was such a poor coach it's really surprising that he lasted so long. i guess tanny finally figured out that schitty stabbed mangini in the back.

Hall Of Fame
    Fire Schoddy!!!!!

wait....
    wut?

All Pro
    And it only took Rex 3 years to stop eating and bloviating and change OCs.

Schotty was terrible for Rex's philosophy and Sanchez's skill set. This marriage was doomed from the start and I'm just glad it's over and we can move on.

*** WARNING! DELUSIONAL ALERT! ***
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Say what you will but Sparano is getting a lot of respect from the players & the other coaches including Rex.
    Dude is no nonsense old school Parcells protoge, just what this offense needed.
    Shoddy was in over his head
    Rex is feeling good right now because he knows he doesn't have to light a fire under the offenses azzes with Sparano around.

Something also tells me that Shoddy was not very good with choosing the right personel, where Sparano will find out very quickly who can play & who can't.
    Our young running backs will get tested in this camp.
    Tony needs to know quickly who can help him if the Jets are ground & pound.

You're making up stuff and believing it without any facts to back it up. This leads to extreme drunkenness and sadness during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Schotty was OK in choosing personel, just not good at some other aspects.

Bottom line is you want a coach who can have players playing over their heads. Schotty typically had the offense underperforming despite some pretty good talent. Sparano has basically had guys overperforming most of his career despite relatively poor talent.

I was begging for Sparano mid year last year when it looked like Miami was probably going to fire him. Not his fault either. Team overperformed despite having zero QB. Matt moore played over his head as well as Chad having some of his best years. Henne is worthless and Sparano even had him looking decent.

To be a great coach in this league you have to have a QB. Every Jets fan should understand that from Parcells. Parcells is as good a coach as you'll ever see, but he also managed to lose quite a bit when Mirer was starting over that several game stretch in 1999.
    I just do not agree with this. Shotty would do stupid chit based on player ability. He would have LT in on 3rd & 1, he would run a reverse with Cotchery who really had no edge speed, he would leave Olineman with no help.
    He would get Keller open with roll sprints & then abandon it for the rest of the game.
    Maybe what I'm trying to say is that I never felt he used the talent that guys had to compliment particular situations.
    Sparano will have Hill testing people deep, that I can guarantee you.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

You're making up stuff and believing it without any facts to back it up. This leads to extreme drunkenness and sadness during the regular season.
    Just don't watch the games & save yourself from drunkeness & sadness

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    *** WARNING -- SOJF WALLOWING IN MISERY ALERT ***
    FIXED

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Fire Schoddy!!!!!

wait....
    wut?
    Rams fans will be screaming it soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    FIXED
    I simply warned yous guys to check whether you are indulging in wishful thinking or not. That's all I can do. I'm chalking it up as my good deed for the day and moving on.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Fire Schoddy!!!!!

wait....
    wut?
    "Don't call my name out the window as YOU'RE leaving
    I won't even turn my head.
    They gave you a franchise quart-er-back;
    You just turned, and **** the bed.

You say the same things you been saying all along
    Now shut your yap; keep it shut until you're gone
    I don't wanna hear "process" or see a tight end flinch
    Understand your fan
    (tired of your bad plannin')
    Understand your fan
    (3 yards when we need 5? wtf!)
    Understand your fan!

Jets Insider VIP
    inb4 Schitty Brigade

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I just do not agree with this. Shotty would do stupid chit based on player ability. He would have LT in on 3rd & 1, he would run a reverse with Cotchery who really had no edge speed, he would leave Olineman with no help.
    He would get Keller open with roll sprints & then abandon it for the rest of the game.
    Maybe what I'm trying to say is that I never felt he used the talent that guys had to compliment particular situations.
    Sparano will have Hill testing people deep, that I can guarantee you.
    It almost seems like he used stupidity as a strategy, like nobody could be that dumb so the defense won't expect it.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    It almost seems like he used stupidity as a strategy, like nobody could be that dumb so the defense won't expect it.....
    LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good riddance

Hall Of Fame
    Week 11. Huge game.

Coming off the bye week we are @ Seattle and then we visit Schoddy in STL. A lot of traveling. A lot of talking. Better win that game. Then we have NE the week after. IMO toughest stretch of the season.