Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schoddy quietly being skewered!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Week 11. Huge game.

Coming off the bye week we are @ Seattle and then we visit Schoddy in STL. A lot of traveling. A lot of talking. Better win that game. Then we have NE the week after. IMO toughest stretch of the season.
    @ Seattle and Pats will be tough.

We should be able to beat the pants off the Rams with our eyes closed...

Toughest stretch the season is def @Steelers, 49ers, Texans, @ Pats in a six week window though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Week 11. Huge game.

Coming off the bye week we are @ Seattle and then we visit Schoddy in STL. A lot of traveling. A lot of talking. Better win that game. Then we have NE the week after. IMO toughest stretch of the season.
    Bradford will be hurt by that game.
    If he thought he was getting hit a lot when McDaniel was OC wait till he gets a load of this. 1st game that Bradford goes back 55 times to pass will be his last.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    "Don't call my name out the window as YOU'RE leaving
    I won't even turn my head.
    They gave you a franchise quart-er-back;
    You just turned, and **** the bed.

You say the same things you been saying all along
    Now shut your yap; keep it shut until you're gone
    I don't wanna hear "process" or see a tight end flinch
    Understand your fan
    (tired of your bad plannin')
    Understand your fan
    (3 yards when we need 5? wtf!)
    Understand your fan!
    3rd and 3. Empty backfield.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    3rd and 3. Empty backfield.

Johnny Cash feels our pain; and he won't sit still (errr) and shut up about it.

(RIP to the Man in Black)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    And it only took Rex 3 years to stop eating and bloviating and change OCs.
    Shotty must have lost the nude pics of Woody he used as blackmail.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Johnny Cash feels our pain; and he won't sit still (errr) and shut up about it.

(RIP to the Man in Black)
    "I brought me a little water,
    In a Mister Prince Albert's can,
    But the boss-man caught me drinkin' it,
    And I believe he broke my hand..."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've been calling out ****tenheimer for at least 3 years. when people thought he'd take over for rex ryan or mangini, and that he's head coaching material. because his dad was a headcoach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's acouple of articles on the jetsblog about this very topic...
    http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/07/2...ngs-different/

During the press conference Keyshawn Johnson asked Rex about Sparano (check the 12 minute mark) and if Sparano’s presence takes some of the off Rex’s shoulders, in terms of whether or not they have the same mindset.

“Absolutely, absolutely, no doubt, were singing out of the same hymnal.” Rex told reporters. ”This is what we have [talent-wise] , this is the blueprint for the team. The first night [in Cortland] I showed the guys the blueprint I have for this organization [from] when I took it over [back in 2009]. [...] It is my fourth year as a head coach, my fourth year here, and I’ve learned a ton of things. But I’m going to be myself, and there are some things I spent my whole life [thinking about], ‘if I have a team, if I could take a team over,’ that I feel strongly about. I have everything in place right now.”

I have everything in place right now.

That implies that Rex didn’t have everything in place in previous years and Schottenheimer had to be a big reason why that was the case. Whatever the offense looks like in the next practices might not reflect what we saw today, but it’s apparent that the Jets head coach feels like he has one less thing to worry about and one more thing that’s in keeping with his philosophy of how to put together a football team.
    http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/07/2...ctice-day-one/

Picking up the Speed — Tony Sparano is very concerned with getting as many reps in as possible, in as short a time as possible. Sparano doesn’t fool around and he was often encouraging his players to get to the line quicker, get the play off quicker, get back to the huddle quicker. Quicker, quicker, quicker. Because of this, it actually allows the team to get in many more reps. Rex said today he thinks it doubles the number of reps that players get to participate in.
    Rex is Sitting Pretty — When asked about Sparano and what he means to his coaching staff, the normally effusive Rex was effulgent. We’ll post Rex’s comments later from the transcript and you’ll see. He tried to downplay the drag that Brian Schottenheimer was to his team, but the larger point was that Rex referenced his initial plan / presentation he made to the Jets back in 2009 and basically said, Sparano is the type of OC he would have wanted at that point. Rex said that he trusts his “right hand man” Mike Pettine and knows he can do the job, but when it comes to his OC now Rex went on to say that he feels like Sparano is someone he can implicitly trust. The implication that he can now trust the staffs on both sides of the ball. But Rex wanted to be clear that Sparano isn’t a pretense to him solely focusing on his defensive roots, he’ll still be equally involved in both units.
    (there's a lot more great stuff, especially in that second article)

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Schotty?