Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehta Practice Report: Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp p

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I read that all 4 of Tebow's completions were short passes.

I read that Tebow was holding onto the ball too long (read: sack or at least heavy pressure in a real game).

I read that Sparano was yelling at Tebow to throw the ball but Tebow decided to run it instead.

I read that Tebow fumbled a snap.

So, other than that, yeah, I think he blew Sanchez away.
    It's crazy... No matter what happens, they're going to come in here and defend him...

He could go 4 for 6 in 7 on 7's for 16 yards and fumble once yet he's somehow had a solid day...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Which defense? Certainly not the one we're going to put on the field every Sunday...
    which offense he played with? certainly not the one he'd play with in the regular season
    he didnt get picked by the way, sanchez did

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    so basically tebow sucked yet the defense couldnt stop him. makes lots of sense
    Do you know how many yards his 4 completions netted?

which offense he played with? certainly not the one he'd play with in the regular season
    As long as Sparano knows what time it is, don't really care how much ball washing of his you're willing to do...

He had a bad day today... Deal with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    And he also wasn't going against the #1 defense.

Do you know how many yards his 4 completions netted?
    nope, i do know he completed a 50yd td pass

nope, i do know he completed a 50yd td pass
    No he didn't....

Jets Insider VIP
    saw a clip from NFL Network coverage

Sanchez dropped back quickly, made the throw to his receiver accurately

Tebow dropped back, stood for a while with dancing feet and then dumped it off 3 yards downfield

or took off running

One is a quarterback

the other a running back

how come the RB has a better career QB rating than your hall of famer sanchez?

If this is what the season is shaping up to be on JI, I may as well post more bad gif's and get banned.

Can we not root for BOTH guys to look and play well? Since BOTH guys could help us win, Sanchez at QB, Tebow as a runner and backup QB?

Why does it have to be so aggressively either/or?

They're both jets ffs.

the sanchez fanatics in here arent jets fans, so you cant expect them to root for both guys. unless tebow plays anything but QB, where he would be a threat to sanchez of course. and that can not happen. they rather have brunell sitting on the bench so that sanchez will be guaranteed to play all 16 games no matter what.

i want whoever gives us the best chance to win at QB. i dont care if its sanchez or tebow. but you wont find sanchez fanatics say the same thing. so its basically one sided. sanchez fanatics vs jets fans. and thats gonna be annoying as hell to deal with the entire season

Jets Insider VIP
    how come the RB has a better career QB rating than your hall of famer sanchez?
    And Joe Namath has a far worse QB rating than either of them.

What is your point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If this is what the season is shaping up to be on JI, I may as well post more bad gif's and get banned.

Can we not root for BOTH guys to look and play well? Since BOTH guys could help us win, Sanchez at QB, Tebow as a runner and backup QB?

They're both jets ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Something is amiss here.

Tebow:
    Went 4 for 5 with 12 snaps (including two rushes for 15 yards) with the second team.
    Completed a 45-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Kerley that was nullified due to a false start penalty.

Sanchez:
    Finished 7 for 8 with 16 snaps with the first team.
    Threw an interception to Revis in 7-on-7 drills.

And the headline reads: "Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp practice"?
    so basically tebow sucked yet the defense couldnt stop him. makes lots of sense

They're both jets ffs.
    The two uninformed posts above will continue to devolve threads...

Both statements were completely asinine and of course, any subjective non Tebowite will call them out on it...

I'm very good at ignoring Pats trollery for the most part...

But this circus show is just getting started... It's the main reason most of us were pissed at the trade to begin with...

And here we are... Living the dream...

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark Sanchez is an NFL passing quarterback

Timmy, despite all the prayers and the hawking is NOT

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I like hearing about the deep passes. People have the wrong impression of Sparano's offense, it's going to be plenty of shots down the field along with a strong running game, much better strategy than Schottenheimer's phone booth offense.
    There is a misconception that Sparano's offense is all short plays. On the contrary, he is known for using the run to set up the long play. Under Sparano, Miami had more long plays than the vast majority of teams. I think I read that they were 7th in the NFL under Sparano in their number of long plays. Jet fans will be pleasantly surprised when they see this offense.

Veteran

They're both jets ffs.
    I think it's the cult of personality that divides the fans, everybody needs a hero and for many it appears to be Sanchez or Tebow.

To me neither of these two QBs are good enough to inspire awe ... together they may be good enough to get us back to the playoffs. Whomever wears that Jet jersey, I'll support it.

What were McElroy's stats? Can't compare the QB to his backup without comparing the backup's backup.

I knew I'd regret reading as soon as I saw Mehta's name. He sucked every poster on this thread in with his stupid headline and stupider article.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I think it's the cult of personality that divides the fans, everybody needs a hero and for many it appears to be Sanchez or Tebow.

To me neither of these two QBs are good enough to inspire awe ... together they may be good enough to get us back to the playoffs. Whomever wears that Jet jersey, I'll support it.
    I haven't had a hero since I was six or seven...

I want the media and fan base to shift focus to the QB that actually has a chance to lead this team for the foreseeable future...

Only one of those two guys has the ability to do that...

I don't see anything wrong with that, to be honest... From either side... But I'll let my opinion be known to people who feel Tebow is a guy that could do it...

And Joe Namath has a far worse QB rating than either of them.

What is your point?
    that the RB playing QB has a better QB rating than sanchez, thats all. that pretty much tells me he's good enough to push sanchez. and if sanchez cant get the job done, tebow should be in the starting lineup. if he gets the job done it's his job, if he doesnt then sanchez will end up playing again. not sure whats the big deal. why get so mad and angry at tebow? why do you care which QB is playing? why do you want sanchez out there if he doesnt get the job done?