Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehta Practice Report: Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp p

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I think it's the cult of personality that divides the fans, everybody needs a hero and for many it appears to be Sanchez or Tebow.

To me neither of these two QBs are good enough to inspire awe ... together they may be good enough to get us back to the playoffs. Whomever wears that Jet jersey, I'll support it.
    Kinda reminds me of the crap I'm reading from the Chick-fil-a worshippers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Kinda reminds me of the crap I'm reading from the Chick-fil-a worshippers.
    Delicious chicken worthy of worship...

We've become a pretty sh!tty society when we allow the political affiliation of a restaurateur play into whether or not we enjoy it...

/politiks on the strip

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I want the media and fan base to shift focus to the QB that actually has a chance to lead this team for the foreseeable future...
    tebow has a higher career QB rating than sanchez

go on, im listening

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    tebow has a higher career QB rating than sanchez

go on, im listening
    You mean, Tebow's 14 games as a starter? That's a "career"????

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Go easy on him -- it's the only "fact" he's got . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    so his lack of experience is now being considered a negative? funny, you'd think that it means he has a better chance to improve considering he didnt play all that much. also you forgot the 2 playoff performances, and his 90+ playoff QB rating

but in fairness to tebow we should just compare their first 2 seasons, you're right. sanchez has a sub 70 QB rating, tebow is closer to 80. i dont know. any way you try to spin it, your boy sanchez doesnt look too good. try again

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    that the RB playing QB has a better QB rating than sanchez, thats all. that pretty much tells me he's good enough to push sanchez. and if sanchez cant get the job done, tebow should be in the starting lineup. if he gets the job done it's his job, if he doesnt then sanchez will end up playing again. not sure whats the big deal. why get so mad and angry at tebow? why do you care which QB is playing? why do you want sanchez out there if he doesnt get the job done?
    I'm not angry.

I'm just pointing out that QB rating doesn't tell the whole story and isn't the end-all barometer for evaluating QB's like you seem to think it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not angry.

I'm just pointing out that QB rating doesn't tell the whole story and isn't the end-all barometer for evaluating QB's like you seem to think it is.
    im not saying tebow is better because he's got a higher QB rating. im not saying anything. im just pointing out how moronic it is to say that tebow is so bad he shouldn't even be allowed to compete with sanchez or even take his job. like he's so bad he doesnt even deserve a chance. and thats just idiotic like i said if you compare their QB ratings. if sanchez plays well there's no need to bench him or let tebow play unless its this wildcat type stuff. but if sanchez doesnt play well and doesnt get the job done he needs to be pulled and tebow should be given a chance to play. tebows losses dont count more than sanchez losses do, so it doesnt matter who loses. if we lose with sanchez we might as well give tebow a shot

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so his lack of experience is now being considered a negative? funny, you'd think that it means he has a better chance to improve considering he didnt play all that much. also you forgot the 2 playoff performances, and his 90+ playoff QB rating

but in fairness to tebow we should just compare their first 2 seasons, you're right. sanchez has a sub 70 QB rating, tebow is closer to 80. i dont know. any way you try to spin it, your boy sanchez doesnt look too good. try again
    I'm not calling anything a negative. I'm talking about sample size.

Calling 14 games a career seems absurd.

And, ahhh, his "90+ playoff QB rating" based off of 2 games. The first one, at home, where he had a QB rating of 125.6 and the second, on the road, a rating of 52.7.

Two playoff games, with 1-1 record and he embarrassed himself in the loss, is not a good sample size either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not saying tebow is better because he's got a higher QB rating. im not saying anything. im just pointing out how moronic it is to say that tebow is so bad he shouldn't even be allowed to compete with sanchez or even take his job. like he's so bad he doesnt even deserve a chance. and thats just idiotic like i said if you compare their QB ratings. if sanchez plays well there's no need to bench him or let tebow play unless its this wildcat type stuff. but if sanchez doesnt play well and doesnt get the job done he needs to be pulled and tebow should be given a chance to play. tebows losses dont count more than sanchez losses do, so it doesnt matter who loses. if we lose with sanchez we might as well give tebow a shot
    Well. Here's what I think.

I think you read the title of the thread which was the headline of a synposis written by Manish Mehta and got all butthurt because it said that Sanchez OUTSHINED Tebow in practice.

So you had to come into the thread and **** all over Sanchez and talk up Tebow because that's your overall agenda.

Am I wrong?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not calling anything a negative. I'm talking about sample size.

Calling 14 games a career seems absurd.

And, ahhh, his "90+ playoff QB rating" based off of 2 games. The first one, at home, where he had a QB rating of 125.6 and the second, on the road, a rating of 52.7.

Two playoff games, with 1-1 record and he embarrassed himself in the loss, is not a good sample size either.
    so let me ask you if 14 games is enough to say newton is a better QB than sanchez. is 14 games enough or not?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well. Here's what I think.

I think you read the title of the thread which was the headline of a synposis written by Manish Mehta and got all butthurt because it said that Sanchez OUTSHINED Tebow in practice.

So you had to come into the thread and **** all over Sanchez and talk up Tebow because that's your overall agenda.

Am I wrong?
    i responded to some of the idiots in here claiming all he did was throw a couple of 2yd passes while getting yelled at by everybody for being so terrible. i brought up some facts, one was that he actually threw a 50yd TD pass. then some other idiots act like he cant be good enough to even be given a chance to play QB, and i bring up the fact that he has a better career QB rating than sanchez does.

and I am the one ****ting all over sanchez...great observation!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so let me ask you if 14 games is enough to say newton is a better QB than sanchez. is 14 games enough or not?
    No, it isn't.

14 games of anything is not a career and it's foolish to talk about "career" records with such a small sample size.

And nice try in attempting to change the subject. Seriously, you went with "90+ playoff QB rating"? LOL, that was desperate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not angry.

Passer rating is extremely important, but Tebow's low number of attempts really screws with the formula. Early on in games, you often see very high passer ratings because of the low number of attempts.

Few attempts + 1 TD + no interceptions = high passer rating, because of the way that TDs per attempt are weighted.

Examples:

8/16, 138 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 100.5 rating

4/10, 79 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 101.7 rating

13/27, 161 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT = 91.7 rating

10/21, 124 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT = 98.1 rating

2/8, 69 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 102.6 rating (what a joke)

9/18, 143 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 95.4 rating

The passer ratings are good, but there's no way you win any of those games without tremendous performances from your defense and running game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    i responded to some of the idiots in here claiming all he did was throw a couple of 2yd passes while getting yelled at by everybody for being so terrible. i brought up some facts, one was that he actually threw a 50yd TD pass. then some other idiots act like he cant be good enough to even be given a chance to play QB, and i bring up the fact that he has a better career QB rating than sanchez does.

and I am the one ****ting all over sanchez...great observation!
    Actually, he didn't throw a 50yd TD pass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cam Newton doesn't have any of the mechanical issues that Tebow does.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it isn't.
    there goes your non-existent credibility. congratulations, you have minus credibility. take a seat in the room to your left and join matt millen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    THERE IS NO COMPETITION!

Get that through your thick skull. The fkn head coach has said this a thousand times already. STFU!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    there goes your non-existent credibility. congratulations, you have minus credibility. take a seat in the room to your left and join matt millen
    Actually this is comical, because you never had credibility to begin with.

Cam Newton has nothing to do with this discussion.

You've made an absolutely silly claim about "career QB rating" based on 14 starts.

Cam Newton is better than Sanchez, but it has NOTHING to do with "career QB rating."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen something so divisive among Jets fans than Tim Tebow. There's going to nbe alot of fan fights at the games and the sad thing is more of them will be between Jets fans than opposing team fans.