Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehta Practice Report: Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp p

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You mean, Tebow's 14 games as a starter? That's a "career"????
    yeah and 4 passes per game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    THERE IS NO COMPETITION!

Get that through your thick skull. The fkn head coach has said this a thousand times already. STFU!
    calm down mark

Coach Rex Ryan reportedly "hedged a bit" Thursday when asked whether the Jets are holding a quarterback competition.
    "I don't want to speculate on this, that or whatever," he said. "Mark Sanchez is our starting quarterback." Ryan also expressed confidence in the Jets' two-QB system. "They say if you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks," said Ryan. "Tell that to the San Francisco 49ers when they had Steve Young and Joe Montana. I think they won a few games, I'm not real sure." We expect to see Tebow in the starting lineup no later than the Jets' Week 9 bye.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, he didn't throw a 50yd TD pass.
    He refuses to acknowledge that fact...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    calm down mark
    You are hopeless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the difference in passer ratings isn't statistically significant anyway, especially not with their respective number of attempts. Tebow has less than a season's worth of attempts.

It would be similar as trying to compare Cam Newton's 2011 passer rating of 84.5 to Eli Manning's career passer rating of 82.1

1) The difference between an 84 and an 82 is insignificant

2) Newton's rating is working with far fewer attempts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a numbers person, people that attempt to use them without understanding what's behind them drive me up a wall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody thinks Tebow can play QB except for his cult following.

I don't understand how anyone could watch the game and come away thinking this could play the position. He could barely do it in college running the triple option/spread/whatever gimmick offense that was. The kid is horrendous. End of discussion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ronnie Brown had a pretty good QBR too. I know LT threw like 7 tds in 11 attempts. Tebow isn't bad. He's just not a QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    And the difference in passer ratings isn't statistically significant anyway, especially not with their respective number of attempts. Tebow has less than a season's worth of attempts.

It would be similar as trying to compare Cam Newton's 2011 passer rating of 84.5 to Eli Manning's career passer rating of 82.1

1) The difference between an 84 and an 82 is insignificant

2) Newton's rating is working with far fewer attempts
    As a numbers person, people that attempt to use them without understanding what's behind them drive me up a wall.
    EXACTLY.

Newton being better than Sanchez has NOTHING to do with "career QB rating."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually this is comical, because you never had credibility to begin with.

Cam Newton has nothing to do with this discussion.

You've made an absolutely silly claim about "career QB rating" based on 14 starts.

Cam Newton is better than Sanchez, but it has NOTHING to do with "career QB rating."
    wow i have no credibility, great comeback. how about you figure out your own stuff instead of repeating what i said

and i didnt make any claim, genius. i said tebow has a better career QB rating, thats a fact. if that bothers you im sorry but you should deal with reality at some point. i never said tebow is a better passer. but what i WILL say is that if sanchez again fails to get the job done and play better than he has in the past, he needs to be benched ASAP. then its tebows job to lose. its that simple.

you sanchez fanatics want marky mark in there no matter what. sorry, the nfl doesnt work that way. we now have a QB behind him that can actually walk (unlike brunell). and mark even got benched for that guy. yet he's still untouchable to you fanatics. he got benched for brunell. mark brunell...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You are hopeless.
    must suck if the headcoach doesnt even have your back. hang in there buddy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to put Tebow and Sanchez's passer ratings in my last post.

It's 75.1 vs 73.2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow i have no credibility, great comeback. how about you figure out your own stuff instead of repeating what i said

and i didnt make any claim, genius. i said tebow has a better career QB rating, thats a fact. if that bothers you im sorry but you should deal with reality at some point. i never said tebow is a better passer. but what i WILL say is that if sanchez again fails to get the job done and play better than he has in the past, he needs to be benched ASAP. then its tebows job to lose. its that simple.

you sanchez fanatics want marky mark in there no matter what. sorry, the nfl doesnt work that way. we now have a QB behind him that can actually walk (unlike brunell). and mark even got benched for that guy. yet he's still untouchable to you fanatics. he got benched for brunell. mark brunell...

I didn't know that having the backup take a snap with the first team qualified as a "benching."

Last I checked, being "benched" was when you are removed from a game for performance reasons and replaced with the backup.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    EXACTLY.

Newton being better than Sanchez has NOTHING to do with "career QB rating."
    thats the thing you marky fanboys dont understand. newton IS better than sanchez. and im not even saying because tebow has a better career QB rating he's a better QB than sanchez. im saying he's good enough to be given a chance to be the starter if mark doesnt get the job done. its funny how you try to spin it the other way, like i'm saying since tebow has a better career QB rating that must mean he's a better QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

What's with the anger and delusion?

You fail to address poster's points and then you bring up tangents that don't make sense.

Why don't you simply defend your original post?

Calling 14 games a "career" is stupid. Everyone knows that. Especially when you talk about "career QB rating" of 14 games at 75, compared to Sanchez' 73.

Those 2 rating points are HUGE!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats the thing you marky fanboys dont understand. newton IS better than sanchez. and im not even saying because tebow has a better career QB rating he's a better QB than sanchez. im saying he's good enough to be given a chance to be the starter if mark doesnt get the job done. its funny how you try to spin it the other way, like i'm saying since tebow has a better career QB rating that must mean he's a better QB.
    Wait, you're not saying the bolded? Then why did you post this?

how come the RB has a better career QB rating than your hall of famer sanchez?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worst thing for the Jets and the near future of the Jets franchise is Tebow being named the starting QB of the Jets at any point this season. That's pretty much undeniable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know that having the backup take a snap with the first team qualified as a "benching."

Last I checked, being "benched" was when you are removed from a game for performance reasons and replaced with the backup.
    you are running out of excuses, and now you're just nitpicking. so he was pulled for a guy who cant even walk, let alone play football. doesnt sound any better to be honest

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, you're not saying the bolded? Then why did you post this?
    you should order one of these

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passer rating is extremely important, but Tebow's low number of attempts really screws with the formula. Early on in games, you often see very high passer ratings because of the low number of attempts.

Few attempts + 1 TD + no interceptions = high passer rating, because of the way that TDs per attempt are weighted.

Examples:

8/16, 138 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 100.5 rating

4/10, 79 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 101.7 rating

13/27, 161 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT = 91.7 rating

10/21, 124 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT = 98.1 rating

2/8, 69 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 102.6 rating (what a joke)

9/18, 143 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 95.4 rating

The passer ratings are good, but there's no way you win any of those games without tremendous performances from your defense and running game.
    There is NO place for logic in this discussion.

Hahahahahaaaaaa--love this stat line:

2/8, 69 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT = 102.6 rating (what a joke)

In 14 career regular season starts, Tebow only had THREE games where he completed over 50% of his passes.

Awful thrower of the football.

_