Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehta Practice Report: Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp p

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    you should order one of these
    I will, thanks.

If you're backtracking from your original claim, then that's fine.

But if you still think that "career QB rating" off of 14 games is definitive of anything I can't help you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are running out of excuses, and now you're just nitpicking. so he was pulled for a guy who cant even walk, let alone play football. doesnt sound any better to be honest
    Sanchez has never been benched in his 3 year career. Fact.

You can only be benched during an actual game. Fact.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I didn't know that having the backup take a snap with the first team qualified as a "benching."

Last I checked, being "benched" was when you are removed from a game for performance reasons and replaced with the backup.
    I've been watching Jet games for decades, am a season ticket holder since 2001 and I watch all the away games on TV (or I travel to 1 or 2 a year).

I'm pretty sure I've seem every game Mark Sanhcez has ever played for the Jets.

No, I'm positive I've seen every game Mark Sanchez has ever played for the Jets.

When exactly did he get benched for Mark Brunell?

I gotta go back and look at the tapes.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

In 14 career regular season starts, Tebow only had THREE games where he completed over 50% of his passes.

Awful thrower of the football.

_
    BTW, in Sanchez's first 14 regular season starts, he only threw under 50% completions twice.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I've been watching Jet games for decades, am a season ticket holder since 2001 and I watch all the away games on TV (or I travel to 1 or 2 a year).

I'm pretty sure I've seem every game Mark Sanhcez has ever played for the Jets.

No, I'm positive I've seen every game Mark Sanchez has ever played for the Jets.

When exactly did he get benched for Mark Brunell?

I gotta go back and look at the tapes.

_
    Never happened. Think he's referring to that one practice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Sanchez has never been benched in his 3 year career. Fact.

You can only be benched during an actual game. Fact.
    if you are getting benched in practice for performing horribly in favor of a guy who cant even walk. i think thats about as much benching as possible

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I will, thanks.

If you're backtracking from your original claim, then that's fine.

But if you still think that "career QB rating" off of 14 games is definitive of anything I can't help you.
    backtracking? from what? do you even understand what i said? get the reader rabbit and then talk to me again

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Never happened. Think he's referring to that one practice.
    Dude.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    What's with the anger and delusion?

You fail to address poster's points and then you bring up tangents that don't make sense.

Why don't you simply defend your original post?

Calling 14 games a "career" is stupid. Everyone knows that. Especially when you talk about "career QB rating" of 14 games at 75, compared to Sanchez' 73.

Those 2 rating points are HUGE!!!
    Save your energy. Daballhawk is all over the place with his arguments. Its actually pretty funny watching him fall all over himself. He must have gone off in about 4 different tangents in his explanations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Save your energy. Daballhawk is all over the place with his arguments. Its actually pretty funny watching him fall all over himself. He must have gone off in about 4 different tangents in his explanations.
    LOL.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats up buddy! you're welcome to argue any of my points, but keep em up to date, dont spew the average "tebow is a RB" or "sanchez is the best" crap, we've squashed those myths a while ago. go ahead

its funny that the only people arguing with me here are typical marky mark fanboys. check out SEC's history, he's mostly posting in tebow threads, bashing tebow. his one update from camp was (who would have thought) the one where some reporter posted that tebow held on to the ball too long. hilarious lmao
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 07-27-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    calm down mark
    Coach Rex Ryan reportedly "hedged a bit" Thursday when asked whether the Jets are holding a quarterback competition.
    "I don't want to speculate on this, that or whatever," he said. "Mark Sanchez is our starting quarterback." Ryan also expressed confidence in the Jets' two-QB system. "They say if you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks," said Ryan. "Tell that to the San Francisco 49ers when they had Steve Young and Joe Montana. I think they won a few games, I'm not real sure." We expect to see Tebow in the starting lineup no later than the Jets' Week 9 bye.

Wait

Wait

Srsly

Did you even pay attention to what you posted. The quotes represent the end of what Rex Ryan and what comes after is the writers opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats up buddy! you're welcome to argue any of my points, but keep em up to date, dont spew the average "tebow is a RB" or "sanchez is the best" crap, we've squashed those myths a while ago. go ahead
    Argue what points??? You rambled on about stuff that has no relevance. I dont even know what your point was, but I imagine it was how great you think Timmy is. You bring up Cam Newton and said Sanchez was benched. How can anyone even take you seriously when you make zero sense. Your hatred is blinding you and is affecting your rationality.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Wait

Wait

Srsly

Did you even pay attention to what you posted. The quotes represent the end of what Rex Ryan and what comes after is the writers opinion.
    actually i went to 2nd grade as well, so i kind of know what quotation marks are. thanks though

and yes, not only does the headcoach not have his back, even the media expects mark to be benched in the middle of the season. doesnt exactly make you look more credible

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Argue what points??? You rambled on about stuff that has no relevance. I dont even know what your point was, but I imagine it was how great you think Timmy is. You bring up Cam Newton and said Sanchez was benched. How can anyone even take you seriously when you make zero sense. Your hatred is blinding you and is affecting your rationality.
    1) sanchez got benched, for a guy that can barely walk. i know its hard to accept but thats reality. move on

2) i used newton to show some marky marks fanboys in here that 14 games or 16 games is enough to judge 2 QB's. especially if the other QB isnt exactly close to breaking favre's record when it comes to how many games he played. sanchez was in his 3rd season, tebow in his 2nd. wow, clearly those 2 cant be compared. they played in different era's. right?
    tebow played enough for people with an IQ over 30 to say he should deserve a shot at being the starter if mark doesnt get the job done. you dont agree, thats your problem. again, face reality. marky got benched for somebody that could barely walk. and if you want to use the "during a pro nfl game, in the regular season" argument, rex said he was about to bench him in the game too, but sanchez was giving us the best chance to win. thats like saying jamarcus russell gives the raiders the best chance to win and his backup is a guy with no arms.

3) what hatred? i want mark to play well, i'd be happy if he posted a 150 QB rating over the entire season which would guarantee that tebow wouldn enter the field. im all for mark, hope he gets the job done and has success here. not sure what you're talking about. but IF he struggles, then yeah, i want him benched. yet another lame spin attempt by a marky fanboy. that i hate mark because i dont want to see him on the field if he struggles and fails to get the job done. i understand he's not gonna play 16 great games, but if he struggles for like 5 games, if the playoffs are getting out of reach, he needs to be benched ASAP. you dont agree of course, thats why you are a marky mark fanboy. cheer for a different team please, seeing how you dont care about the jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) sanchez got benched, for a guy that can barely walk. i know its hard to accept but thats reality. move on
    What the hell are you talking about?

Sanchez has never been benched.

Brunell getting first team reps over Sanchez in one day of practice equates to him being benched?

Huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

2) i used newton to show some marky marks fanboys in here that 14 games or 16 games is enough to judge 2 QB's. especially if the other QB isnt exactly close to breaking favre's record when it comes to how many games he played. sanchez was in his 3rd season, tebow in his 2nd. wow, clearly those 2 cant be compared. they played in different era's. right?
    tebow played enough for people with an IQ over 30 to say he should deserve a shot at being the starter if mark doesnt get the job done. you dont agree, thats your problem. again, face reality. marky got benched for somebody that could barely walk. and if you want to use the "during a pro nfl game, in the regular season" argument, rex said he was about to bench him in the game too, but sanchez was giving us the best chance to win. thats like saying jamarcus russell gives the raiders the best chance to win and his backup is a guy with no arms.

3) what hatred? i want mark to play well, i'd be happy if he posted a 150 QB rating over the entire season which would guarantee that tebow wouldn enter the field. im all for mark, hope he gets the job done and has success here. not sure what you're talking about. but IF he struggles, then yeah, i want him benched. yet another lame spin attempt by a marky fanboy. that i hate mark because i dont want to see him on the field if he struggles and fails to get the job done. i understand he's not gonna play 16 great games, but if he struggles for like 5 games, if the playoffs are getting out of reach, he needs to be benched ASAP. you dont agree of course, thats why you are a marky mark fanboy. cheer for a different team please, seeing how you dont care about the jets.
    I have NEVER once said that Sanchez should not be benched if he plays bad. I just dont think it should be after one game. I am not a Sanchez fan boy, I just think its laughable that people think Tebow is a better QB than Mark.

And again, Mark was never benched in favor of Brunnel. If he was, what game are you referring to?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the sanchez fanatics in here arent jets fans, so you cant expect them to root for both guys. unless tebow plays anything but QB, where he would be a threat to sanchez of course. and that can not happen. they rather have brunell sitting on the bench so that sanchez will be guaranteed to play all 16 games no matter what.

i want whoever gives us the best chance to win at QB. i dont care if its sanchez or tebow. but you wont find sanchez fanatics say the same thing. so its basically one sided. sanchez fanatics vs jets fans. and thats gonna be annoying as hell to deal with the entire season
    Why can't you be honest? You want Tebow to be the starter because why? He's got a better career rating than Sanchez (which I find laughable, but whatever). Do you honestly (honest being the operative word) think that Tebow is a better option for this team this season?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?

Sanchez has never been benched.

Brunell getting first team reps over Sanchez in one day of practice equates to him being benched?

Huh?
    so what happened that one day? were they resting/rewarding sanchez for his magnificent performances during the regular season? and how come rex even announced he was going to bench him in an actual game, if we actually had a backup who could walk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Nobody thinks Tebow can play QB except for his cult following.

I don't understand how anyone could watch the game and come away thinking this could play the position. He could barely do it in college running the triple option/spread/whatever gimmick offense that was. The kid is horrendous. End of discussion.
    Yes -- it should be.

I don't know if these Tebow fans are 12 years old, graduated from Florida, or just hate Sanchez -- regardless, there are SO many better topics we could be discussing right now.

I really think posters need to use their ignore button A LOT more between now and September . . .