Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 152

Thread: Mehta Practice Report: Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp p

  1. #101
    This is hilarious. I feel bad for him but it's still funny...

  2. #102
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,017
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    so what happened that one day? were they resting/rewarding sanchez for his magnificent performances during the regular season? and how come rex even announced he was going to bench him in an actual game, if we actually had a backup who could walk
    LOL

    I don't even know how to respond to this.

    When did Rex come out and say that he would've benched Sanchez if we had a quality backup?

    I'm not the biggest believer in Sanchez, but this is just goofy.

    It's crystal clear that you want Tebow behind center. I personally pray that I never have to witness that day.

    If you think this team can contend for a Superbowl year in and year out by relying on a guy like Tebow to pull last second wins out of his ass every week...then...well...like I said, I don't even know how to respond.

  3. #103
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    so what happened that one day? were they resting/rewarding sanchez for his magnificent performances during the regular season? and how come rex even announced he was going to bench him in an actual game, if we actually had a backup who could walk
    Are you really going with the "benched" in practice for a few snaps one day when Tebow was DEMOTED to 3rd string in Denver behind Orton and Quinn?

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I have NEVER once said that Sanchez should not be benched if he plays bad. I just dont think it should be after one game. I am not a Sanchez fan boy, I just think its laughable that people think Tebow is a better QB than Mark.

    And again, Mark was never benched in favor of Brunnel. If he was, what game are you referring to?
    nobody is saying tebow is a better QB. but if sanchez doesnt get the job done tebow deserves to show us where he can take this team. thats all. he gets the job done, he is a winner. he's proven that. when the game is on the line, he doesnt make mistakes. he makes everyone around him better, he improves the running game, he makes the defense play harder because he always keeps his team in the game. he might not throw 6 td passes per game, but with a good defense and a decent running game even people in the media believe that he'd be the better QB for us this season.

    that doesnt mean he's a better thrower or anything. we all know that technically sanchez is a better QB, he throws the ball way better, consistently. but sometimes its not about that. kyle orton throws the ball way better than tebow, but with orton they were heading towards the #1 pick. with tebow they made the playoffs. if sanchez doesnt get the job done i want to see what tebow can do, unfortunately the sanchez fanboys dont agree. they want sanchez in there no matter what. and those are the people i have a problem with. they are not jets fans

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    I don't even know how to respond to this.

    When did Rex come out and say that he would've benched Sanchez if we had a quality backup?

    I'm not the biggest believer in Sanchez, but this is just goofy.

    It's crystal clear that you want Tebow behind center. I personally pray that I never have to witness that day.

    If you think this team can contend for a Superbowl year in and year out by relying on a guy like Tebow to pull last second wins out of his ass every week...then...well...like I said, I don't even know how to respond.
    do you follow anything that goes on with the jets? rex said he was considering benching sanchez, but in the end he said sanchez gave us the best chance to win and thats the only reason he didnt bench him in the game. and i said before, thats like saying a 400 pound jamarcus russell gives the raiders the best chance to win when his backup has no arms. it doesnt mean anything.

    and nobody said anything about "year in year out". if mark struggles and tebow comes in and gets the job done and lets say wins the superbowl, crazy i know, but you're saying you would not rely on him the next season again? talk about being goofy. what the hell kind of logic is that. and the last second type wins were part of that whole broncos gameplanning on offense, it was part of what they tried to do. tebow wasnt doing **** the first 3 quarters, it was all either screen passes or just runs, and QB draws. until the 4th quarter, thats when they opened up the playbook and thats when the magic happened when people thought it was a miracle how he beat everybody in the 4th quarter. so lets not act like with our defense and our running game and the offense he'll be in and the cast he has around him, we're gonna have that same game plan if he ends up starting for us.

    and no, for the 45th time, i dont want tebow behind center. i dont CARE who plays QB. i want whoever gives us the best chance to get a ring. thats it. i dont care if its sanchez, tebow or ducasse. i-dont-care. i want this team to win, i dont care who plays. maybe you understand now.
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 07-27-2012 at 07:22 PM.

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    do you follow anything that goes on with the jets? rex said he was considering benching sanchez, but in the end he said sanchez gave us the best chance to win and thats the only reason he didnt bench him in the game
    You are either incredibly naive or incredibly gullible.

    Or a Sanchez hater that will throw anything at the wall to try to discredit him.

    Honestly, nobody here really gives a sh*t what you say because we realize you have an agenda that's just asinine and there's really no reason to give what you say any credence.

    But honestly, you just sound incredibly stupid.

    _

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    so what happened that one day? were they resting/rewarding sanchez for his magnificent performances during the regular season? and how come rex even announced he was going to bench him in an actual game, if we actually had a backup who could walk
    Benched?

    Incredibly Naive.

    Incredibly Gullible.

    Incredibly Stupid.

    Someone should start a poll.



    _

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    THERE IS NO COMPETITION!


    Get that through your thick skull. The fkn head coach has said this a thousand times already. STFU!

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    so what happened that one day? were they resting/rewarding sanchez for his magnificent performances during the regular season? and how come rex even announced he was going to bench him in an actual game, if we actually had a backup who could walk
    This guy's incorrigible.

  10. #110
    Any Jets fan that cares how the team plays needs to get behind Sanchez and pray to god he finally puts the pieces together and plays to the potential that his draft pick warranted. Tim Tebow is a terrible QB. I don't care what happened last year. He had a very short span of time where everything went right for the Broncos despite the fact he played so poorly. The Broncos averaged 16 points a game on offense with him at the helm. He is terrible at the position, period. If Tebow is playing as our starting QB it will set this franchise back at least 4 years. We will have already lost the season this year, Rex and Tanny will be fired at thwe end of the season, and we will be drafting a QB in 2014 after whoever takes over starts Timmy at the behest of Woody Johnson trying to fill seats with all the Tebow drones in 2013 and we win 4 or 5 games at most. Mark Sanchez is our only hope for a Super Bowl in the next 4 years. Period.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Exactly. Sparano's offenses usually rank within the top 10 in regards to plays of 20+ yards. Anyone who knows anything about Sparano (which I see you do) understands that he establishes the run game early on, in order to set up the vertical passing attack later on.
    I believe that the phins only were in the top ten in20 plus yd plays last year and most were after sparano was fired

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    nobody is saying tebow is a better QB. but if sanchez doesnt get the job done tebow deserves to show us where he can take this team. thats all. he gets the job done, he is a winner. he's proven that. when the game is on the line, he doesnt make mistakes. he makes everyone around him better, he improves the running game, he makes the defense play harder because he always keeps his team in the game. he might not throw 6 td passes per game, but with a good defense and a decent running game even people in the media believe that he'd be the better QB for us this season.

    that doesnt mean he's a better thrower or anything. we all know that technically sanchez is a better QB, he throws the ball way better, consistently. but sometimes its not about that. kyle orton throws the ball way better than tebow, but with orton they were heading towards the #1 pick. with tebow they made the playoffs. if sanchez doesnt get the job done i want to see what tebow can do, unfortunately the sanchez fanboys dont agree. they want sanchez in there no matter what. and those are the people i have a problem with. they are not jets fans
    Oh where to start with your ignorant ramblings...

    How did Tebow perform in the playoff game against the Pats last year?

    Sanchez has at least won 4 legit playoff games, all on the road, all with the game on the line, several times.

    Tebow has beaten an average Bengal team, at home.

    You're quick to point out how much of a winner Tebow is, along with your other ignorant diatribes about QB rating, despite the fact that the QBR is a flawed stat when evaluating Tebow due to the fact that he ONLY executed in an OPTION offensive scheme. It's funny that you sit there and harp on Tebow's ability to the throw the ball, yet, Tebow was ONLY affective when running the option with the threat of running the ball?

    Oh, and for the record, I'm not a Sanchez fan boy, I'm a JETS fan, and I LOVED the Tebow pick-up for all the things that Tebow can do for this team, and it's NOT as a starting QB in place of Sanchez.

  13. #113
    Steelers, Ray... Not Bengals. Just an fyi

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    This is the Tebow effect. Nowhere else would the second string quarterback have a comparative article like this.
    +1
    I really hope that this doesn't become more of a distraction than it already is. I still don't understand WTF were the Jets thinking with that move.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Steelers, Ray... Not Bengals. Just an fyi
    Yes, an injury depleted wreck of a Steeler team, Ben playing on one leg, half the defense injured or out for medical reasons... Thanks... Point stands...

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    I believe that the phins only were in the top ten in20 plus yd plays last year and most were after sparano was fired
    Sparano wasn't fired until the season was over.

  17. #117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Benched?

    Incredibly Naive.

    Incredibly Gullible.

    Incredibly Stupid.

    Someone should start a poll.



    _
    Relax bro, just another agenda driven troll. Some take aimless shots, some want to justify the greatness of other teams, some are SOJFs, some are idol worshippers, and others are all of the above. Personally I just want to watch great games and root for the same team I have for 40+ years. Why let every thread digress to pissing matches because of them. Point is Sanchez out shined the icon. This reported by a media head with his own agenda, which is usually centered around creating controversy.

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,228
    No, really? Who here actually thought that once tebone put on the green of the Jets he would all of a sudden know how to throw the ball. I mean c'mon guys he can't how The effing ball accurately if he could he still be in Denver. He's here to steal headlines and to RUN the ball. He will never be accurate enough to be the full Time starting qb.

  19. #119
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Tebow is going to break this forum...isn't he

  20. #120
    This is the Tebow effect. Nowhere else would the second string quarterback have a comparative article like this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us