Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mehta Practice Report: Mark Sanchez outshines Tim Tebow at first Jets training camp p

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    do you follow anything that goes on with the jets? rex said he was considering benching sanchez, but in the end he said sanchez gave us the best chance to win and thats the only reason he didnt bench him in the game. and i said before, thats like saying a 400 pound jamarcus russell gives the raiders the best chance to win when his backup has no arms. it doesnt mean anything.
    We're now comparing Mark Sanchez to Jamarcus Russell now? Really? OMFG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is suck

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know why i even argue with yet another sanchez fanboy with his desperate attempts to come up with pathetic excuses, but like i said you guys are running out of excuses. since you cant argue with facts you now make up random stuff. like the fact that tebow gave up 50 points to the pats. GREAT comeback by the way, that really proves sanchez is playing extremely well. great one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    How did Tebow perform in the playoff game against the Pats last year?
    how did sanchez perform against the broncos last season? this other QB i dont remember his name, like tobo or teybow or something like that, while his team was trailing with 5 minutes left and with the final drive of their game, he drove them down the field 95 yards to score a touchdown all by himself.

1-10-DEN 5 (5:54) Direction Change. (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 19-E.Royal pushed ob at DEN 13 for 8 yards (24-D.Revis).
    2-2-DEN 13 (5:25) 15-T.Tebow right tackle to DEN 28 for 15 yards (33-E.Smith).
    1-10-DEN 28 (4:43) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 88-D.Thomas pushed ob at DEN 37 for 9 yards (31-A.Cromartie).
    2-1-DEN 37 (4:36) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete deep left to 88-D.Thomas.
    3-1-DEN 37 (4:32) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow right guard to DEN 44 for 7 yards (24-D.Revis; 33-E.Smith).
    1-10-DEN 44 (3:53) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow scrambles right end to NYJ 47 for 9 yards (94-M.Dixon).
    2-1-NYJ 47 (3:45) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to NYJ 44 for 3 yards (53-J.Mauga).
    1-10-NYJ 44 (3:02) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to 88-D.Thomas.
    2-10-NYJ 44 (2:57) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass deep left to 81-D.Rosario to NYJ 26 for 18 yards (33-E.Smith).
    1-10-NYJ 26 (2:31) 35-L.Ball up the middle to NYJ 23 for 3 yards (52-D.Harris).
    Two-Minute Warning
    2-7-NYJ 23 (2:00) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to NYJ 20 for 3 yards (91-S.Pouha).
    3-4-NYJ 20 (1:06) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow left end for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

and lets see our hall of famer sanchez respont to THAT. sanchez quickly shut HIM up, thats for sure with a hall of fame type of performance to win the game for us. oh wait, he pretty much choked. again.

1-10-NYJ 14 (:54) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short right to 81-D.Keller ran ob at NYJ 27 for 13 yards.
    1-10-NYJ 27 (:48) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 25-J.McKnight.
    2-10-NYJ 27 (:44) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete deep left to 17-P.Burress.
    3-10-NYJ 27 (:38) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez sacked at NYJ 18 for -9 yards (58-V.Miller).

Sanchez has at least won 4 legit playoff games, all on the road, all with the game on the line, several times.
    he's won those games the same way dilfer won the superbowl for the ravens. i hate to break it to you, kiddo, sanchez hasn't won ****. the jets have. and if you're gonna credit him with the win, go ahead and credit tebow for EVERY win in the regular season, considering he had nothing to work with. its not too hard to win games in NY when you have a top 3 defense and a great o-line with a good running game and plenty weapons around your QB.

Tebow has beaten an average Bengal team, at home.
    funny, i actually thought he destroyed one of the best teams (steelers) in football and arguably the best defense in football. according to sanchez fanboys that never happened. i know

You're quick to point out how much of a winner Tebow is
    its a fact, what are you trying to argue here?

along with your other ignorant diatribes about QB rating, despite the fact that the QBR is a flawed stat when evaluating Tebow due to the fact that he ONLY executed in an OPTION offensive scheme. It's funny that you sit there and harp on Tebow's ability to the throw the ball, yet, Tebow was ONLY affective when running the option with the threat of running the ball?
    im gonna do you a favor now, lets just use your incredibly dumb argument how the QBR doesnt work with tebow. does the QBR work with sanchez? his QB rating still sucks major balls. but you'll probably come up with yet another retarded argument how the QBR doesnt work with sanchez either. in reality if you look at his stats the right way, he has a 150 QB rating. if you take away all the interceptions and him choking here and there, all his incompletions and fumbles, if you take away all that, he's a pretty good QB

Oh, and for the record, I'm not a Sanchez fan boy
    i would NEVER think you are a sanchez fanboy. NEVER. you come off totally unbiased. honestly

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shame on Mehta and other writers who are writing this crap.

The media is making a QB controversy out of something that isn't.

This is a good example of the media trying to make a story. It's day 1. Everyone relax, Rex hasn't even made a Supernowl prediction yet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    nobody is saying tebow is a better QB. but if sanchez doesnt get the job done tebow deserves to show us where he can take this team. thats all. he gets the job done, he is a winner. he's proven that. when the game is on the line, he doesnt make mistakes. he makes everyone around him better, he improves the running game, he makes the defense play harder because he always keeps his team in the game. he might not throw 6 td passes per game, but with a good defense and a decent running game even people in the media believe that he'd be the better QB for us this season.

that doesnt mean he's a better thrower or anything. we all know that technically sanchez is a better QB, he throws the ball way better, consistently. but sometimes its not about that. kyle orton throws the ball way better than tebow, but with orton they were heading towards the #1 pick. with tebow they made the playoffs. if sanchez doesnt get the job done i want to see what tebow can do, unfortunately the sanchez fanboys dont agree. they want sanchez in there no matter what. and those are the people i have a problem with. they are not jets fans

A little early for this Tebow is a winner theme don't you think.....He did pull out quite a few games for the Bronco's early on but just as Sanchez detractors have stated if he did not play like **** for 3.5 quarters he would not have had to pull games out his ass.

As far as being a "proven winner".......Tebow in his last 3 games with the playoffs on the line actually collapsed worse than the Jets and Sanchez....

30-73....40% comp.....146 ypg....1 TD...4 INT...5 fumbles...13 PPG losing games to the mighty Chiefs and Bills in that stretch....

Give him credit for the Steelers playoff win as he hit some big plays but even there he completed less than 50% of his throws....That was folllowed up by an "impressive" 9-26 performance against the Pats in the same place Sanchez and the Jets kicked their ass in the playoffs the year before....

Hardly proven winner stuff there.....I hope Tebow contributes to this team in many ways but i do not see it as a starting QB.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know why i even argue with yet another sanchez fanboy with his desperate attempts to come up with pathetic excuses, but like i said you guys are running out of excuses. since you cant argue with facts you now make up random stuff. like the fact that tebow gave up 50 points to the pats. GREAT comeback by the way, that really proves sanchez is playing extremely well. great one.

how did sanchez perform against the broncos last season? this other QB i dont remember his name, like tobo or teybow or something like that, while his team was trailing with 5 minutes left and with the final drive of their game, he drove them down the field 95 yards to score a touchdown all by himself.
    The Pats scored 35 points in the first half and Tebow had 4 completions. FOUR completions. Maybe, just maybe, if Tebow wasn't so dreadful in the first half the Pats wouldn't have had so many possessions to score 35 points. Heck, Tebow ended up going 9/26 (1 completion in 3rd Q, 4 in the 4th).

Also, why do you constantly change the subject? What does Sanchez' play against the Broncos (in Denver after 3 days off) have anything to do with Tebow embarrassing himself against the Patriots?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this a surprise to anyone? Tebow is not a good QB. Let me say that again Tebow is not a good QB!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    do you follow anything that goes on with the jets? rex said he was considering benching sanchez, but in the end he said sanchez gave us the best chance to win and thats the only reason he didnt bench him in the game. and i said before, thats like saying a 400 pound jamarcus russell gives the raiders the best chance to win when his backup has no arms. it doesnt mean anything.

and nobody said anything about "year in year out". if mark struggles and tebow comes in and gets the job done and lets say wins the superbowl, crazy i know, but you're saying you would not rely on him the next season again? talk about being goofy. what the hell kind of logic is that. and the last second type wins were part of that whole broncos gameplanning on offense, it was part of what they tried to do. tebow wasnt doing **** the first 3 quarters, it was all either screen passes or just runs, and QB draws. until the 4th quarter, thats when they opened up the playbook and thats when the magic happened when people thought it was a miracle how he beat everybody in the 4th quarter. so lets not act like with our defense and our running game and the offense he'll be in and the cast he has around him, we're gonna have that same game plan if he ends up starting for us.

and no, for the 45th time, i dont want tebow behind center. i dont CARE who plays QB. i want whoever gives us the best chance to get a ring. thats it. i dont care if its sanchez, tebow or ducasse. i-dont-care. i want this team to win, i dont care who plays. maybe you understand now.
    It's painfully obvious that you just don't understand how this game is played.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tebow is really worried about where he falls on the depth chart at QB he better pay close attention to McElroy. He's more likely to end up 3rd than first.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If Tebow is really worried about where he falls on the depth chart at QB he better pay close attention to McElroy. He's more likely to end up 3rd than first.
    He'll end up just like Brett Favre in the 2008 offseason if Sanchez tears it up- "Let me play".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

1-10-DEN 5 (5:54) Direction Change. (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 19-E.Royal pushed ob at DEN 13 for 8 yards (24-D.Revis).
    2-2-DEN 13 (5:25) 15-T.Tebow right tackle to DEN 28 for 15 yards (33-E.Smith).
    1-10-DEN 28 (4:43) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 88-D.Thomas pushed ob at DEN 37 for 9 yards (31-A.Cromartie).
    2-1-DEN 37 (4:36) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete deep left to 88-D.Thomas.
    3-1-DEN 37 (4:32) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow right guard to DEN 44 for 7 yards (24-D.Revis; 33-E.Smith).
    1-10-DEN 44 (3:53) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow scrambles right end to NYJ 47 for 9 yards (94-M.Dixon).
    2-1-NYJ 47 (3:45) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to NYJ 44 for 3 yards (53-J.Mauga).
    1-10-NYJ 44 (3:02) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to 88-D.Thomas.
    2-10-NYJ 44 (2:57) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass deep left to 81-D.Rosario to NYJ 26 for 18 yards (33-E.Smith).
    1-10-NYJ 26 (2:31) 35-L.Ball up the middle to NYJ 23 for 3 yards (52-D.Harris).
    Two-Minute Warning
    2-7-NYJ 23 (2:00) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to NYJ 20 for 3 yards (91-S.Pouha).
    3-4-NYJ 20 (1:06) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow left end for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

and lets see our hall of famer sanchez respont to THAT. sanchez quickly shut HIM up, thats for sure with a hall of fame type of performance to win the game for us. oh wait, he pretty much choked. again.

1-10-NYJ 14 (:54) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short right to 81-D.Keller ran ob at NYJ 27 for 13 yards.
    1-10-NYJ 27 (:48) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 25-J.McKnight.
    2-10-NYJ 27 (:44) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete deep left to 17-P.Burress.
    3-10-NYJ 27 (:38) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez sacked at NYJ 18 for -9 yards (58-V.Miller).

he's won those games the same way dilfer won the superbowl for the ravens. i hate to break it to you, kiddo, sanchez hasn't won ****. the jets have. and if you're gonna credit him with the win, go ahead and credit tebow for EVERY win in the regular season, considering he had nothing to work with. its not too hard to win games in NY when you have a top 3 defense and a great o-line with a good running game and plenty weapons around your QB.
    You are a clown

What the hell does a regular season game between the Jets/Broncos have to do withe playoff game and performance of Tebow I was referring too?

The comparison is Sanchez and Tebow in the playoffs.

Thanks for breaking down the nfl.com stats, here are the numbers I'm interested in:

9-26, 136 yds, 34 comp %, 52.7 QBR

And his team lost 45-7.

This doesn't at all validate your rambling:

...but if sanchez doesnt get the job done tebow deserves to show us where he can take this team. thats all. he gets the job done, he is a winner. he's proven that. when the game is on the line, he doesnt make mistakes. he makes everyone around him better, he improves the running game, he makes the defense play harder because he always keeps his team in the game.

funny, i actually thought he destroyed one of the best teams (steelers) in football and arguably the best defense in football. according to sanchez fanboys that never happened. i know.
    The Steeler team the Broncos played against were a shell of what they usually are, multiple key defensive players out, multiple players out offensively, including no Mendenhall, and Roethlisberger who played on one leg. Nice spin.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-28-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are a clown

What the hell does a regular season game between the Jets/Broncos have to do withe playoff game and performance of Tebow I was referring too?

The comparison is Sanchez and Tebow in the playoffs.

Thanks for breaking down the nfl.com stats, here are the numbers I'm interested in:

9-26, 136 yds, 34 comp %, 52.7 QBR

And his team lost 45-7.

This doesn't at all validate your rambling:

The Steeler team the Broncos played against were a shell of what they usually are, multiple key defensive players out, multiple players out offensively, including no Mendenhall, and Roethlisberger who played on one leg. Nice spin.
    Actually, I believe Denver had 10 points and not 7. As much as Prater did Denver, let's give him some credit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to say it this way but anyone who thinks Tebow gives us a better chance to win over Sanchez knows ZERO about football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasnt one of their starting CBs Ryan Clark out as well because he has a blood disorder that does not allow him to play at high altitudes?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Wasnt one of their starting CBs Ryan Clark out as well because he has a blood disorder that does not allow him to play at high altitudes?
    Yep!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep!
    All of what you say is true ... And I do agree with your opinion about playoff performance regarding the two Players. Sanchez has been amazing in the Playoffs. There is no denying that. Far better than Tebow. Heck, he beat the Pats at Gillette !

That being said ... Tebow single handedly gave our vaunted no. 5 defense an ass whooping when we played them ... I still remember him making E Smith look silly as he ran around the guy like he was a statue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    All of what you say is true ... And I do agree with your opinion about playoff performance regarding the two Players. Sanchez has been amazing in the Playoffs. There is no denying that. Far better than Tebow. Heck, he beat the Pats at Gillette !

That being said ... Tebow single handedly gave our vaunted no. 5 defense an ass whooping when we played them ... I still remember him making E Smith look silly as he ran around the guy like he was a statue.
    An ass whooping is not leading a 95 yard drive at the end of a game that the Jets had outplayed the Broncos throughout up until that point. Tebow was garbage in that game until that final drive

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post

I am not so sure that is really an accomplishment. Smith seemed to beaten more than a rented mule last season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was awful last year in the Broncos game, Tebow was worse. It was one of the worst offensive games I have ever seen in my life. Yes Tebow led a game winning drive, but if Sanchez did anything at all in the previous 55 minutes, Tebow wouldn't have had a chance to come back.

Why Jets fans don't want Tebow as the starter is, we have seen Sanchez have better games than that, including all 6 playoff games. With Tebow that is pretty much what you are getting.

Yes you have a couple examples like the Vikings game and the Pittsburgh playoff game, but every other game I've seen him play was just like the Jets/Broncos game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post

Why Jets fans don't want Tebow as the starter is, we have seen Sanchez have better games than that, including all 6 playoff games. With Tebow that is pretty much what you are getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

In 14 career regular season starts, Tebow only had THREE games where he completed over 50% of his passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    BTW, in Sanchez's first 14 regular season starts, he only threw under 50% completions twice.
    _