Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LG is a "competition" between Slauson and Vlad

All League
    Boy, they're going to keep beating this drum until he's eventually released arn't they?

"Nope! We didn't make a mistake!"

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    to be an interior lineman requires football IQ, which is not Vlad's strength.
    I love the underdog (and you can find numerous posts from me supporting Vlad) but unfortunately you are right here. He has the size, strength and speed but still isn't getting it (per mini camp reports.) The liberal apologists (LL) here whine that his daddy was in the earthquake and he has language issues.

But that just strengthens the brainpan argument since if he graduated American highschool and college and still hasn't picked up the language there's a problem. Let's take up a donation and buy him a translator to create a Haitian version of the playbook and see what happens. I'll commit to reimbursing you for the translator if a miraculous transformation occurs.

deal?

Banned
    As a Jets fan, I'm pulling for Vlad to not only become our LG of the future, but to also become a better LG than Slauson. Slauson would be perfect depth. Yes, wishful thinking, but as a Jets fan? I'm pulling for Vlad to emerge. Shouldn't we all?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    As a Jets fan, I'm pulling for Vlad to not only become our LG of the future, but to also become a better LG than Slauson. Slauson would be perfect depth. Yes, wishful thinking, but as a Jets fan? I'm pulling for Vlad to emerge. Shouldn't we all?
    we all do, we just know by watching him play that simms will be lining up as qb when he gets sanchez, tebow, and mcelory killed in the first few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    No.

It's better to be right on the message boards then have a highly drafted player excel.