Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steakhouses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sentimentally partial to Frankie & Johnnies, was my wifes favorite

Love Luger's but the trip isn't worth it. And Luger's Steak Sauce is awful IMHO.

Like Sparks, used to work a block away, we were at work the night when Paul "Big Paul" Castellano got whacked by Gotti and Gravanno.

Idk, I still like The Palm, but I haven't been there in a while.

I've had some good meals at Keens.

River Palm in Edgewater NJ has some great views, The Park in Park Ridge is great for a local steak house for me.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct...the sauce is bad

Though in my years of going there the only folks Ive seen putting it on their steak are the same ones who asked for menus and ordered their porterhouse well done.

Meant only for the tomatos and onions

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You are correct...the sauce is bad

Though in my years of going there the only folks Ive seen putting it on their steak are the same ones who asked for menus and ordered their porterhouse well done.

Meant only for the tomatos and onions

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I know that and it's still awful.

Like sweet cocktail sauce.

Love the creamed spinach.

The wife and I used to go there and she loved Filet, I love the NY Strip, so we'd order the Porterhouse and both be happy. I'm a medium rare guy, she was blood red rare

Good times.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Employees Only NYC makes a real nice rib eye. Enjoyed the steak.

I've enjoyed quality meats and the corn creme brle was insane

Disapointed in smith and wollenski

Best porterhouse is Lugers. Order it rare

With all due respect anyone who puts a steak sauce on a steak should be shot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    How do you get your Porterhouse? Order it rare and me and yous could date.
    I usually ask for rare/medium-rare. And as many sides as my belt holes can handle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tad's Steaks is the best steakhouse hands down. J&R's steakhouse is a close second with Sizzlers a distant third.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Tad's Steaks is the best steakhouse hands down. J&R's steakhouse is a close second with Sizzlers a distant third.
    LMAO. when I was a kid, my grandmother lived upper east side. I thought Flaming Embers was the best, on 3rd ave at 86th or so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    ****in' right.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Palm
    Rod's

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to go to a place in Fort Lee all the time JD's Steakhouse on Main Street. Ribz, Ribeye was awesome. They changed owners about 5-6 years ago and the place has gone downhill.

Also, Fleming's is absolute Shlt. My wife and I sent our steaks back 5 times one night because they couldn't get medium and medium rare right. Came out RAW and well done.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Darn it. Beefsteak Charlie's should still be around...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Darn it. Beefsteak Charlie's should still be around...
    I'm still chewing the steak I ordered there in the 70s. Did rock out on the all you could eat shrimp/salad bar and the bottomless pitchers of beer. We'd get so loaded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Employees Only NYC makes a real nice rib eye. Enjoyed the steak.

I've enjoyed quality meats and the corn creme brle was insane

Disapointed in smith and wollenski

Best porterhouse is Lugers. Order it rare

Lol. I worked with this one guy and every time we would have a work meeting over dinner, would order his steak well done with ketchup. Might as well chew on a tire.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Another vote here for Del Friscos. If you are ever in Dallas, go to the original location. Awesome. Another great steakhouse in Dallas is just down the street, III Forks. Once again, dry aged perfection.

In Tampa I would put Berns up against any other steakhouse in the land. Superb cuts of meat.

Most overrated city for steaks? Chicago. I have been to all of the staples in that town, and had truly horrible steaks. (Gene and Georgetti, etc).

Here in NYC, Luger's rules if a) you are in the mood for porterhouse, and b) you feel like dealing with the waiters and their attitude.
    Del Frisco's is really good. Funny thing, about 3-4 years ago I thought the steaks were almost on par with their Dallas location. Then it seemed to slip, as I had 2 not so memorable meals there. Finally in the past year, they seem to have righted the ship. Don't forget to order the lemon cake (not on the menu) for dessert.
    I've had some better than average steaks at the Capital Grille here in NYC as well.

Finally...if all that you care about is getting wasted, checking out "prime" waitresses, and eating a B to B+ steak, go to Nebraska Steakhouse. The waitresses will not let you down!!!
    I went to Berns whilst at a conference in St. Pete. I thought it was pretty cool place - my boss kept saying that he thought we were in a wax museum ( prob b/c it was my idea to go). The dessert room was pretty cool though.

I'd like to check it out again with a different crowd an fully appreciate it. From what I hear, waiters need to work in the garden for a yr (or some **** like that) before they move up - but I didn't get the full spiel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'm still chewing the steak I ordered there in the 70s. Did rock out on the all you could eat shrimp/salad bar and the bottomless pitchers of beer. We'd get so loaded.
    LOL, I used to take one of my first loves all the time to Hungry Charlie's on Glen Cove Road not far from Roosevelt Field and Korvettes back in the day.

When the waitress took our drink order, without fail I used to say "I'll have all the beer, wine and sangria I can drink".

Used to crack myself up.

Would order the beef tips--the cheapest thing on the menu-- and engorge myself on teh shrimp and salad bar.

_

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    LOL, I used to take one of my first loves all the time to Hungry Charlie's on Glen Cove Road not far from Roosevelt Field and Korvettes back in the day.

When the waitress took our drink order, without fail I used to say "I'll have all the beer, wine and sangria I can drink".

Used to crack myself up.

Would order the beef tips--the cheapest thing on the menu-- and engorge myself on teh shrimp and salad bar.

_
    Funny, I can remember really fat guys with mountains of shrimp shells on their plates, heading back to the bar for another helping. And of course, the unlimited beer, wine and sangria. Is it any wonder this chain went belly up?

Honorable mention: Cookies Steak Pub. Same basic premise, without the unlimited booze, as BS Charlie's. I took the future Mrs. Porgyman there, and to see Porky's on our first date.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

Used to crack myself up.

_
    Exactly. Cheapest POS on the menu and go back for 10-20 plates of shrimp and all the salad/fixins on the salad bar you could carry. (And all of us were thin guys.)

You can imagine what maniacs we were in that place. Just drinking sangria and beer until we puked. Usually in the bathroom, but very often under the table or right outside the joint. We got banned from the one in NYC and had to beg to be let into the Staten Island franchise (also very near Korvettes, BTW).

You guys remember Enrico & Pagliari's (sp?)? Same concept only it was all you can eat antipasto bar. Again, we'd order a cheap pasta and pound all the salumi, cheese, salads, etc. Of course, washing it down with pitchers of wine and/or beer until we got kicked out of the place. Think it was in Times Square.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 07-28-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Lol. I worked with this one guy and every time we would have a work meeting over dinner, would order his steak well done with ketchup. Might as well chew on a tire.
    I wouldn't be caught dead with that guy at a steak house.

Anyone got good steakhouse not mentioned yet. I've eaten at ones posted here. I'm thinking steak wouldn't object to a new place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I ate more banana bread there than any man should eat. Peter Lugars in Great Neck is also fantastic.

If Great Neck and Glen Head merged....what's a good name for the new town?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I went to Berns whilst at a conference in St. Pete. I thought it was pretty cool place - my boss kept saying that he thought we were in a wax museum ( prob b/c it was my idea to go). The dessert room was pretty cool though.

I'd like to check it out again with a different crowd an fully appreciate it. From what I hear, waiters need to work in the garden for a yr (or some **** like that) before they move up - but I didn't get the full spiel.
    I wouldn't be caught dead with that guy at a steak house.

Anyone got good steakhouse not mentioned yet. I've eaten at ones posted here. I'm thinking steak wouldn't object to a new place.

Have you been to Abe and arthurs? It's down in the meat packing District and pretty trendy but they do a very nice steak.

Dylan Prime and Mark Josephs also work if you are downtown.