Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no, Santonio....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, Santonio....

He just keeps on going.... This guy say's some really terrible stuff. Bashes Rex, Bashes The coaching ideology... This guy's never going to "grow up" as Keyshawn says. What a joke "Tone" has become.

saying stuff like... "I take what Rex says as a joke..." Like really man... Where's the respect?

Obviously this guy doesn't respect his head coach.. Speaks his mind far to much. Just be a team player. Now i know why the Steelers got rid of him..

It's the start of minicamp and this is already a problem in my opinion.

Guys a Cancer. He wants the reporters to report positive things.. Well "Tone"
    Stop feeding them garbage... He needs to go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny and Rex are to thank for this a$$clown. Bart need to punch this b!tch in the mouth, tell him to play and shut the f@ck up!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    lol
    +1

the OP should send his resume to espn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    what

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's the full quote:

"I love the guy," he said of Ryan. "He brought me here to be a leader and to be a guy that's going to play football and be aggressive for this football team. His jokes are his jokes. I don't put anything past what Coach says, because it's all fun and games with him."

Not exactly anything to lose your shiz over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously

Its the first day of TC

Fans of 31 NFL teams are optimistically looking forward to football

Not our very own JI cult of gloomy chicken littles wallowing in misery known heretofore as the "REXTILLEON REALISTS"

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    He just keeps on going.... This guy say's some really terrible stuff. Bashes Rex, Bashes The coaching ideology... This guy's never going to "grow up" as Keyshawn says. What a joke "Tone" has become.

saying stuff like... "I take what Rex says as a joke..." Like really man... Where's the respect?

Obviously this guy doesn't respect his head coach.. Speaks his mind far to much. Just be a team player. Now i know why the Steelers got rid of him..

First I read this and was like:

Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    here's the full quote:

"I love the guy," he said of Ryan. "He brought me here to be a leader and to be a guy that's going to play football and be aggressive for this football team. His jokes are his jokes. I don't put anything past what Coach says, because it's all fun and games with him."

Not exactly anything to lose your shiz over.
    Then I read this and was like:

Nothing to see here, just SOJF sky is falling nonsense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LOLGFY

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Logistics guys... Even today the "Scapegoat" remark.. There's No Santonio In Team Apparently..

If all of the things this guy says hasn't hit home to you guys, you guys are blind. simple as that.

Not one thing has come out of his mouth positive for the team. He could have let it go and never said he was the scapegoat. but yet he has to put a negative light on the team and try to shine through what mess he made and still is making.

It's suppose to be a new season, Shut up and play football. Everyone else is trying to start a new and he's the only one reflecting on the negativity of last season, and in which forces players and coaches to respond to what his remarks were. And it's only training camp. what a shame this guy is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one kind of depends. If Santonio thinks that it was totally a joke with no substance, that's a problem.

If he understood that Rex said it in a joking manner, but was serious about the underlying message, then it's fine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said. "He should worry about just playing.. He's not a coach."

There is nothing Joke like about that. that's a coach saying in a nice way to shut up already and get you're head in the game.

He laughed it off. basically like saying he doesn't really care about what they would like him to do but instead worrying about things he has ZERO control over. You just don't see anyone bashing every aspect of the offense and still playing for the same team. it's horrible. Yeah maybe he's helping the young guys out when they are on the field together but once he steps off the field he has nothing good to say.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    dump
    Really? because it seems to have the same "Tone"

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm as positive as they come but when a guy that didn't produce last year literally throws everyone under the bus and continues to do so, it's hard to like the guy.

He had a great 2010. After that, not so much regardless of who's playing qb he should have a positive attitude. the dude makes a millions.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said. "He should worry about just playing.. He's not a coach."

There is nothing Joke like about that. that's a coach saying in a nice way to shut up already and get you're head in the game.

He laughed it off. basically like saying he doesn't really care about what they would like him to do but instead worrying about things he has ZERO control over. You just don't see anyone bashing every aspect of the offense and still playing for the same team. it's horrible. Yeah maybe he's helping the young guys out when they are on the field together but once he steps off the field he has nothing good to say.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think that a big part of the problem is that Santonio Holmes isn't anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is, and he isn't that well spoken.

He tries to use words that he really doesn't understand, and in the process, says things that he really doesn't mean.

For example, I can see him differentiating between a serious put down and a mild little rebuke. Instead of thinking that Ryan just jumped his ass and he's in the dog house, he believes that Ryan was playfully joking around with him while delivering a message.

Could be completely wrong about that, but then again, maybe not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely taken out of context. Relax man.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes has been nothing but a class act during the entire offseason. He's also supported his quarterback to the fullest. Big deal, he became extremely frustrated being stuck within a pathetic Shotty Jr offense, felt trapped as a wide receiver, wanted to win and actually snapped during a game. Get over it. Move on.