Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Chris Ivory?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Ivory?

I'm not one of those people who thinks the Jets should acquire every player under the sun, but with Mark Ingram looking healthy, there's been rumbles that Ivory could be shopped around -- or cut entirely.

I like the kid's game, and think he'd bring explosive ability to the offense. Plus he's young (24). Obviously he's had some injury concerns, but if he checks out, would anybody be opposed to shipping a late-round pick for him, or scooping him up if he hits the waiver wire?

There's probably no chance it'll happen, just floating a non-Tebow/Sanchez/Rex/Holmes thought out there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing but I'll pass. I have felt for years now that NOs RBs are pretty over rated. Most teams are just focused on not giving up 400 yard games to Brees they just dont pay a whole lot of attention to the run. I wouldn't want Thomas much less Ivory.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes no better than mcknight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOT interested in the Jets ticklung those Ivories....

Maybe Beli will do it since sans Law Firm his Cheats now boast the worst RB corpse in the NFL by miles

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Hes no better than mcknight
    I hear ya OP but I think this is pretty close to the truth... They appear physically similar with similar skill sets (rushing)... I don't know how Ivory's pass blocking is but it just seems that we're here to stay with the 4 runners we currently have, plus Conner...
    Last edited by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite; 07-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the worst idea. I like Ivorys tough running but he has durability concerns.

They would see what they have in Powell and Ganaway before making that move.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    It's not the worst idea. I like Ivorys tough running but he has durability concerns.

They would see what they have in Powell and Ganaway before making that move.
    True, I'm interested in seeing what Ganaway brings to the table, and if Powell improves in his second season.

Just an idea that came to mind; I think Ivory would fit Sparano's style of offense quite nicely.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    True, I'm interested in seeing what Ganaway brings to the table, and if Powell improves in his second season.

Just an idea that came to mind; I think Ivory would fit Sparano's style of offense quite nicely.
    Not a bad thought, not bad at all.

I too am anxious to see Powell and Ganaway, but Ivory? Why not?