View Poll Results: Does Otah pass his physical in the coming week?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 59.38%
  • No

26 40.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What say you, does Otah pass physical?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Sad to hear that.

Two Tiki loungers that play every game* like the joke known as the "Pro Bowl."

Tommy Bahama should name a clothing line after them and rename the O-line the O-Lounge.

"O" for Oahu.

*AFCCs included. Minutes away from the first Jets SB in over 40 years; roll the tape:

^^^ Pro Bowler Brick standing around like a dumbfuk watching Sanchez get rolled like a tortilla
    One play ... Pffffft. ... Now if you had said the Ravens game.... That game was just laughable.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-29-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not sure if yes or no, but either way, I think Jets should keep him (regular season PUP him if necessary), unless his knee is beyond hope (which I doubt). He's worth a 7th rounder even if it's for 10 games plus playoffs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    One play ... Pffffft. ... Now if you had said the Ravens game.... That game was just laughable.
    Pffffft???

It's the importance of the game, the magnitude of the damage and price that was paid.

You don't see any difference between a Week 4 Ravens game and the AFC Championship?

The second AFCC in two seasons?

The Ravens game didn't end our SB run like that 3rd & 17 at Pittsburgh did.

It's going on 44 fuk'n years. I wonder how old (or young) you are.

Also, last season the Ravens reenacted that same DB blitz after Ike Taylor exposed the ineptness of Ferguson in front of 106.5 million viewers - the most-watched televised event in US history at the time.

I'm sure many JI thicktards didn't pick up on that - just like they don't know it's coming again on September 16.

Ike Taylor is salivating.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No.

And the Jets still complete the trade.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Is there a timeline here?

I don't think he'll pass it in the next few days so I voted no.

But I think they will keep him anyway and hope he can start the season on the active roster.
    I look at it this way...

Is his knee structurally sound or does he have a debilitating condition? If sound, then I'd give him time to get in shape.

A change of scenery might be what Otah needs. Otah may like the culture of the Rex Ryan Jets, and put his heart into it again. Having the opportunity of being part of an OL of Mangold, Brick and Moore may give him some motivation to want to play here.

Jets picked up Damian Woody for nothing and that turned out pretty good. A 7th pick isn't much more. Its worth that much of a risk to get a talented player like Otah. He has way more upside then Hunter. He has that potential of transforming the Jets OL into a quality one again.

Remember 2005...when Chad Peninngton and Jay Fiedler both went down for the season in the same quarter? Well...Hunter has the potential of having flowers put on the graves of two Jets QBs all by himself.

Keep him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I look at it this way...

Is his knee structurally sound or does he have a debilitating condition? If sound, then I'd give him time to get in shape.

A change of scenery might be what Otah needs. Otah may like the culture of the Rex Ryan Jets, and put his heart into it again. Having the opportunity of being part of an OL of Mangold, Brick and Moore may give him some motivation to want to play here.

Jets picked up Damian Woody for nothing and that turned out pretty good. A 7th pick isn't much more. Its worth that much of a risk to get a talented player like Otah. He has way more upside then Hunter. He has that potential of transforming the Jets OL into a quality one again.

Remember 2005...when Chad Peninngton and Jay Fiedler both went down for the season in the same quarter? Well...Hunter has the potential of having flowers put on the graves of two Jets QBs all by himself.

Keep him.
    +1

And James Andrews determined that his knee is structurally sound. That's good enough for me.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I look at it this way...

Keep him.
    Metro New York

Otah spent the first day of Jets training camp doing fitness work and stretching instead of battling Hunter for the starting job.

“I’m feeling all right, doing some shuffling, moving my feet,” Otah told Metro New York. “Did some work out there; getting some work in there.”

The results of the Thursday’s conditioning test weren’t specific, but Otah didn’t seem terribly surprised that he didn’t pass.

“I don’t know what they expected of me. I went out there and did what I could. That’s all I can do,” Otah said. “I just heard I didn’t pass it. No reason was given."
    Bottom line, sounds like DeGoogles isn't delivering as promised with Hunter's development.

Veteran
    Jets' Jeff Otah still not sure if he can pass physical by deadline

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger Published: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 2:12 PM

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Tackle Jeff Otah must pass his physical by Tuesday for the Jets' trade with Carolina to stand. But two days before the deadline, Otah is still not sure if he will pass due to his ailing knee.

"I feel better," Otah said. "I don’t really know exactly what the physical is. I'm just trying to get healthy so I can play some football."

After the Jets traded for Otah last Monday, he was placed on the active/PUP list when he failed the physical. He has spent each of the Jets' three training-camp practices on the sideline, working with the strength and conditioning staff.

The former first-round pick by the Panthers has only played four games in the past two seasons. He aggravated his nagging left knee injury again this spring during OTAs with the Panthers. Otah said on Friday that there was fluid in his knee.

"It’s getting better. It’s not 100 percent, but that’s what I'm doing right now," Otah said. "All this work on the field, working with the trainers, they're getting me ready."

Otah said he is not sure when he will try to take the physical again. He admitted it crossed his mind that he only has two days before the deadline.
    "I think about it, but I feel like I’m improving every day, so I feel good," Otah said.

The trade is contingent on him passing his physical within a 7-day window of arriving at Jets headquarters. He said he is not sure why the 7-day window was picked.
    _

Jets Insider VIP