View Poll Results: Does Otah pass his physical in the coming week?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 59.38%
  • No

26 40.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What say you, does Otah pass physical?

Jets Insider VIP

What say you, does Otah pass physical?

If you were a betting man (and many of you are ) where would you put your money?

Hard coin, hoss!

Banned
    I voted yes, I believe he's young enough to recover from knee injuries. Recover into the player he once was? That chance may be shot, but recover enough in order to pass a physical? I'd have to say yes. Never underestimate a man's will to win. His family needs him to come through, he's focused on proving critics wrong, returning to the game he's loved since childhood days etc, etc. I say he'll pass his physical. PUP list during the offseason, and even during the first couple of days/week of training camp doesn't mean all that much. Maybe our coaching staff isn't trying to rush him back from injury? My guess is yes, he passes the physical.

Pure guess, I voted yes. Some reports yesterday quoted Otah as saying he was close. Whether or not he is being accurate, who knows. Hopefully within the week he will pass and can give Turner a run for the money.

For $1,000,000 it's worth it for the Jets to be patient, it's not my money so I'm hoping this staff, new scenery & a chance to resurrect his career gets him motivated again to want to land one more contract in the NFL.
    I mean seriously, the guys in his 20's where else is he gonna make millions?
    McDonalds.

If he failed due to his knee no, if he failed a conditioning run then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    A pats fan posting at 6am???? Hows life?

Hall Of Fame
    His flight back to Charlotte might already be booked. Although I saw a pick of him working out and it looked good. But pics are useless, would like to see a vid.

I think there is a possibility that Ducasse plays LG this year and Slauson plays RT.

But I'll vote yes.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-28-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Hey, non-confrontational question. I know that you have "Pat" in your username, but are you really a Patriots fan? The way you post, you seem like a Jets fan, but I have seen multiple posters refer to you as a Patriot fan (or troll). Are they confused, or am I?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    If you were a betting man (and many of you are ) where would you put your money?

Hard coin, hoss!
    I actually miss Moga's bull$hit!

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Hey, non-confrontational question. I know that you have "Pat" in your username, but are you really a Patriots fan? The way you post, you seem like a Jets fan, but I have seen multiple posters refer to you as a Patriot fan (or troll). Are they confused, or am I?
    No, a die-hard Patriot fan for over 40 years. My oldest son is a jets fan and my youngest is a Seahawks fan. My friends think it is hilarious.

I try not to troll, but sometimes I tweak some.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A pats fan posting at 6am???? Hows life?

I know, and I already went thru all the TC videos on the Patriots web page with my first coffee.

All Pro
    It was reported that it was the knee not being strong enough. It's not a structural thing, but still, I don't think they take a chance. We'll see. Either way, I don't think he'll pass this week so they'll have to gamble if they want to keep him. 7th round pick is not a huge gamble I suppose. There's really not a lot of good right tackles out there. I miss Woody
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-28-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Passing the physical, and being physical able to excel, take a starting job and stay healthy are two very different things.

I think he will pass the physical, but never make a real impact in the starting rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    Passing the physical, and being physical able to excel, take a starting job and stay healthy are two very different things.

I think he will pass the physical, but never make a real impact in the starting rotation.
    But is it worth a 7th round pick to see if he can? That bar is a lot lower than someone who can "excel, take the starting job, and stay healthy".

I know we complain about throwing away picks, but I gotta think they're gonna do everything they can to keep the guy -- there's just too good of a risk/reward ratio.

If he's gone, he's probably out of football . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It was reported that it was the knee not being strong enough. It's not a structural thing, but still, I don't think they take a chance. We'll see. Either way, I don't think he'll pass this week so they'll have to gamble if they want to keep him. 7th round pick is not a huge gamble I suppose. There's really not a lot of good right tackles out there. I miss Woody
    The jets were blindsided when Houston cut Winston one month after guaranteeing Hunter's contract, i am sure they probably tried to get someone to take Hunter but could not get anything done before KC swept in.

I think it is more likely that hunter keeps his job this year. and Otah is kept as a cheap insurance policy. Hunter sucks, otah comes in, otah gets hurt your back to hunter. It is worth a shot.

Hall Of Fame
    The jets were blindsided when Houston cut Winston one month after guaranteeing Hunter's contract, i am sure they probably tried to get someone to take Hunter but could not get anything done before KC swept in.

I think it is more likely that hunter keeps his job this year. and Otah is kept as a cheap insurance policy. Hunter sucks, otah comes in, otah gets hurt your back to hunter. It is worth a shot.
    I still dont know why Tanny did that. It really didnt make much sense. Why guarantee the guy? All you do is lock yourself into a guy who had arguably the worst season a RT could have last year. If you want to keep him, fine but why the need to guarantee it?

Jets Insider VIP
    patman's vote has now been joined by rextilleon, mudcat, DBAKE and one other gloom and doomer

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    patman's vote has now been joined by rextilleon, mudcat, DBAKE and one other gloom and doomer
    Now I'm one other gloom and doomer because I don't think he'll pass the physical in a week? Very nice

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Now I'm one other gloom and doomer because I don't think he'll pass the physical in a week? Very nice
    didn't think it was you, step...

you are good people regardless of this pole vote

All League
    6'-6" 340 lbs riding on a shredded knee.

The other leg is waiting to blow.

He'll either hang around just long enough to bilk the team or he'll drag it out by playing soft with selective blocking and let Sanchez get laminated like Brick does.