Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It doesnt, I could care less what the guy does except when he is on the field in a Jets uniform. If he wants to prance around shirtless in the rain like he is in some music video, so be it.
    You could care less? Is that why you were asking people if they thought it's weird he took his shirt off after practice? Is that why you brought up the silly "Tebowing" celebration during practice? Because you could care less?

Just let it go already, it's annoying. One of you 3 guys, you, JStokes or SG3 always find some way to turn any thread into a Tebow thread, you always make sure to throw your little jab in there every once in a while. It's like cancer man, I hate to break it to you. People don't want to read this negative crap anymore, you guys either bash him when he struggles, when he does well (the 50yd TD pass was in stride maybe but if the receiver didn't catch the ball it would not have been a completion so the WR was the key there) or when he's not doing anything at all (see the shirt picture). Read the posts, they are directed towards you guys. People don't like reading that stuff, we don't need this negativity, about how you guys want Tebow to get hurt, how you want him to fail. Nobody is interested in reading that. You ruin every discussion.

That's not "I could care less". That's "I hope he fails and when he does it makes me happy, I like seeing him struggle". Admit it already, stop acting like you don't care. And if you don't care then DON'T CARE. Stop making up stories, how he does certain things for attention when he's got nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 07-28-2012 at 08:46 PM.

All Pro
    Any word on Wilkerson ? And how does he look?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

One of you 3 guys, you, JStokes or SG3 always find some way to turn any thread into a Tebow thread
    GFY- I don't turn ANY thread into a Tebow thread--I react to Tebow teabag lickers demanding that we love this fraud or Tebow teabag lickers trashing Sanchez in the name of your savior Tebow.

Seriously, GFY--you are a Sanchez hater and Tebow fanboy. Nothing you say is objective or without an agenda--just like me and Sanchez and I have never denied that.

I like Tebow the football player, I dislike Tebow the QB and I HATE Tebow the sidesow.

If we had kept Stanton as our backup this would be my most anticipated preseason in a very long time.

I curse Woody for doing this to my Jets, but I will support Tebow as a Jet and hope we can utilize him to the best of his abilities but NEVER as a thrower of the football.

But seriously:

GO

F*CK

YOURSELF.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I will support Tebow as a Jet
    When exactly do you plan on doing that?

Hall Of Fame
    When exactly do you plan on doing that?
    Since about a month after we idiotically traded for him.

He is a very unique football player with a unique skillset.

He just can't throw the football which is kind of important for a QB not in the SEC or Big 10 or PAC 10 or Big 12 or Big East. Maybe the WAC or one of those throwing conferences.

When exactly are YOU going to start supporting Sanchez?

_

Hall Of Fame
    You could care less? Is that why you were asking people if they thought it's weird he took his shirt off after practice? Is that why you brought up the silly "Tebowing" celebration during practice? Because you could care less?

Just let it go already, it's annoying. One of you 3 guys, you, JStokes or SG3 always find some way to turn any thread into a Tebow thread, you always make sure to throw your little jab in there every once in a while. It's like cancer man, I hate to break it to you. People don't want to read this negative crap anymore, you guys either bash him when he struggles, when he does well (the 50yd TD pass was in stride maybe but if the receiver didn't catch the ball it would not have been a completion so the WR was the key there) or when he's not doing anything at all (see the shirt picture). Read the posts, they are directed towards you guys. People don't like reading that stuff, we don't need this negativity, about how you guys want Tebow to get hurt, how you want him to fail. Nobody is interested in reading that. You ruin every discussion.

That's not "I could care less". That's "I hope he fails and when he does it makes me happy, I like seeing him struggle". Admit it already, stop acting like you don't care. And if you don't care then DON'T CARE. Stop making up stories, how he does certain things for attention when he's got nothing to do with it.
    I CAN CARE LESS. Your reading comprehension is poor. I dont know how much simpler I can make this for you.

For the record, if you actually read this thread, you would see that I did not turn this into a Tebow thread. I posted all morning updates as to what was going on at practice, I engaged in comments about the direction this team is heading and what we have seen so far from this team in camp. YOU however have reacted to something that has NOTHING to do with football. A passing comment about how Tebow was shirtless in the rain, which by the way is all over the national media and on ESPN and NFL Network, is all you focus on. Now who exactly is derailing this thread???? Look in the mirror. I urge you or anyone else to read through this thread and see what I have posted. YOU are focusing on Tebow, YOU are derailing threads on a daily basis. YOU are choosing to focus on Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    GFY- I don't turn ANY thread into a Tebow thread--I react to Tebow teabag lickers demanding that we love this fraud or Tebow teabag lickers trashing Sanchez in the name of your savior Tebow.

Seriously, GFY--you are a Sanchez hater and Tebow fanboy. Nothing you say is objective or without an agenda--just like me and Sanchez and I have never denied that.

I like Tebow the football player, I dislike Tebow the QB and I HATE Tebow the sidesow.

If we had kept Stanton as our backup this would be my most anticipated preseason in a very long time.

I curse Woody for doing this to my Jets, but I will support Tebow as a Jet and hope we can utilize him to the best of his abilities but NEVER as a thrower of the football.

But seriously:

GO

F*CK

YOURSELF.

_
    LOL...Nice.

Banned
    I read a report stating that Ellis was everywhere on the football field, for those who have seen Ellis over the past two training camp practices, how has he looked? Ellis potentially coming into his own this up coming season could become huge for our defensive front moving forward. With the legal problems/concerns of his rookie year now being a thing of the past, I'm hopeful that he can become 'that much more' focused while seeing the football field a lot more often when compared to his rookie season of last year.

Coples, Pouha, Wilkerson.
    DeVito, Ellis, Dixon, MTV.

Could become the greatest Jets defensive line we've seen in quite some time.

What about guys such as Dixon and Tevaseu? How have they looked?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-28-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I read a report stating that Ellis was everywhere on the football field, for those who have seen Ellis over the past two training camp practices, how has he looked? Ellis potentially coming into his own this up coming season could become huge for our defensive front moving forward.

Still early to get a read on a lot of these guys. There has only been a limited number of reps so far, I think we will get a better idea after the first full week as to where guys stand. They haven't even had a full contact practice yet.

Since about a month after we idiotically traded for him.

He is a very unique football player with a unique skillset.

He just can't throw the football which is kind of important for a QB not in the SEC or Big 10 or PAC 10 or Big 12 or Big East. Maybe the WAC or one of those throwing conferences.

When exactly are YOU going to start supporting Sanchez?

_
    Since about a month? You call that "support"? Outside of the fact that you think he's a fraud, a terrible QB who can't throw at all, the fact that you hate everything about him and him as a person, the fact that you think he's a distraction, that trading for him was idiotic. Outside of all that, he can count on you to support him. The chance of that happening is .00000000000000001 but hey, technically that's higher than 0 so yeah, you do support him I guess.

This "idiotic" trade is already working out, Sanchez is playing better now that there's a backup who can walk. This trade will work out even more in the regular season when Tebow makes plays for this team. We haven't played a single game and you think it's a terrible trade that won't work out. Wow.

Hall Of Fame
    How does every thread turn into a Tebow thread??

This is a camp update thread. If you want to discuss how poor Tebow played thats fine, but I think there are more positives that happened today.
    This should tell everyone what the National Media is all about:

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Landry practiced, Otah didn't but big news of the day was Tim Tebow running from the practice field, shirtless in the pouring rain. #Jets

So please read the top two quotes I posted earlier in THIS VERY thread before YOU started chiming in and turning this into a s**t show. One asking why it has turned into a Tebow thread, the second admonishing the National Media as to why the only thing they reported on was Tebow going shirtless.
    Now who exactly has the reading comprehension problem? Who is derailing threads on a regular basis? Who is stirring s**t on a regular basis?

Oh and P.S.......... GFY!!!!
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 07-28-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Who said it has to be Mcelroy? Don't ever underestimate Mike Tannenbaum and Terry Bradway when it comes to finding replacements if the team needs one. I wish Tebow much luck & success in earning a spot on the roster, if it's #2 QB good thing. If he isn't QB material, put him on ST where I think he belongs as a ST player.

JMHO.
    How is he not QB material when he took a 0-5 team to the playoffs last year, and then beat the Steelers in round 1.

Everyone knows Tebow won't dazzle anyone in practice. He trows a few bad passes in practice and suddenly we are questioning his legitimacy to be a backup QB vs. a 2nd year guy who haa nevetastes send for an NFL regular season game.

He wins with his leadership, unique athletic ability at the position, passion and will. Those things won't show so much in no-contact practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    How is he not QB material when he took a 0-5 team to the playoffs last year, and then beat the Steelers in round 1.

Everyone knows Tebow won't dazzle anyone in practice. He trows a few bad passes in practice and suddenly we are questioning his legitimacy to be a backup QB vs. a 2nd year guy who haa nevetastes send for an NFL regular season game.

He wins with his leadership, unique athletic ability at the position, passion and will. Those things won't show so much in no-contact practice.
    Those things also won't show much once teams catch up to him, which certainly seemed to happen last year.

Having said that, I agree it's ridiculous to be putting McElroy ahead of him on the depth chart . . .

I read a report stating that Ellis was everywhere on the football field, for those who have seen Ellis over the past two training camp practices, how has he looked? Ellis potentially coming into his own this up coming season could become huge for our defensive front moving forward. With the legal problems/concerns of his rookie year now being a thing of the past, I'm hopeful that he can become 'that much more' focused while seeing the football field a lot more often when compared to his rookie season of last year.

I think they were talking about Ellis Lankster.

Hall Of Fame
    Since about a month? You call that "support"? Outside of the fact that you think he's a fraud, a terrible QB who can't throw at all, the fact that you hate everything about him and him as a person, the fact that you think he's a distraction, that trading for him was idiotic. Outside of all that, he can count on you to support him. The chance of that happening is .00000000000000001 but hey, technically that's higher than 0 so yeah, you do support him I guess.

This "idiotic" trade is already working out, Sanchez is playing better now that there's a backup who can walk. This trade will work out even more in the regular season when Tebow makes plays for this team. We haven't played a single game and you think it's a terrible trade that won't work out. Wow.
    STFU asshat, you're really looking like MORE of a moron that when you claimed Sanchez was "benched".

We get it already.

You LOVE Tebow and you HATE Sanchez.

I HATED the trade then and I hate it now. I don't think Tebow is a capable NFL QB and therefore I don't think he is a viable backup.

But he is a NY Jet and he's got a unique skillset that might make some plays for us so for that I support him.

But I think the circus sideshow that he is FAR outweighs the plays he MIGHT make for us.

I don't buy the goodie two shoes act, don't buy the "oh gosh golly me" delivery, don't buy any of it--it comes off to ME as totally fraudulent. Just my opinion, if you care to believe him that's YOUR opinion.

He's first and foremost a religious evangelist and the vast majority of his following has nothing to do with football--it has to do with zealotry and idoltry.

I am a God fearing man but no longer particularly religious and I don't want ANY of that bullsh*t effecting my team.

Do you know who else was EXTREMELY religious?

Brad Smith.

But he didn't wear it on his sleeve, didn't make a spectacle of himself "privately" praying to himself, mouthing the "Our Father" to himself with a camera beeming his mug to millions of his followers.

Seriously DaBallHawk--you're a f*cking Tebow zealot--nothing you say has anything to do with football or the Jets.

And don't you EVER question anything I have to say about my team.

GO.

F*CK.

YOURSELF.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 07-28-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL...Nice.

Can't wait till these f*ckers are rooting for the Jags next year.

_

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    I think they were talking about Ellis Lankster.
    You know, you may be right, because it was 3-4 pages of Lankster talk before they threw in the name "Ellis" on another page. This, is why you need to include both first and last names during training camp reports. When you say Ellis, I have no idea if it's Ellis Lankster or Kenrick Ellis; all I know is one of the two guys named Ellis made a play. In this case, I thought both Lankster and Kenrick were standing out. But now it all makes sense. It was Ellis Lankster who was flying all over the field. Hopefully we start to see K.Ellis make some progress.

You know, you may be right, because it was 3-4 pages of Lankster talk before they threw in the name "Ellis" on another page. This, is why you need to include both first and last names during training camp reports. When you say Ellis, I have no idea if it's Ellis Lankster or Kenrick Ellis; all I know is one of the two guys named Ellis made a play. In this case, I thought both Lankster and Kenrick were standing out. But now it all makes sense. It was Ellis Lankster who was flying all over the field. Hopefully we start to see K.Ellis make some progress.
    really happy to hear about lankster playing like a jet. if he can help out in a cover FS role he would be much more valuable than just a dime corner

Is Kenrick Ellis out of jail yet bc he should be pretty soon?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Is Kenrick Ellis out of jail yet bc he should be pretty soon?
    Yes.