Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Camp Updates

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    How is he not QB material when he took a 0-5 team to the playoffs last year, and then beat the Steelers in round 1.
    Point of fact, the Broncos were never 0-5 last year before Tebow.

The Broncos were 1-4. Tebow led them to a 7-1 record after that (8-5 overall) and then proceeded to go 0-3 in the final games with Tebow playing horribly down the stretch.

Fortunately for the Broncos, the Raiders collapsed as well and the Broncos won division tiebreakers at 8-8, the same record as the Jets and same collapse in the final 3 games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Point of fact, the Broncos were never 0-5 last year before Tebow.

The Broncos were 1-4. Tebow led them to a 7-1 record after that (8-5 overall) and then proceeded to go 0-3 in the final games with Tebow playing horribly down the stretch.

Fortunately for the Broncos, the Raiders collapsed as well and the Broncos won division tiebreakers at 8-8, the same record as the Jets and same collapse in the final 3 games as well.
    7-1 is pretty damn respectable ... So is 7-4

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    7-1 is pretty damn respectable ... So is 7-4
    It is. Just as Sanchez going 9-1 in 2010 was damn respectable.

But it is disengenous when people claim that Tebow was some miraculous winner with the Broncos when he did everything in his power to throw the last 3 games of the season.

You know what the difference between the Jets and Broncos was last year?

The New England Patriots.

Put the Pats in the AFCW and the Jets are in the playoffs and the Broncos are out of last year's postseason.

It is. Just as Sanchez going 9-1 in 2010 was damn respectable.

But it is disengenous when people claim that Tebow was some miraculous winner with the Broncos when he did everything in his power to throw the last 3 games of the season.

You know what the difference between the Jets and Broncos was last year?

The New England Patriots.

Put the Pats in the AFCW and the Jets are in the playoffs and the Broncos are out of last year's postseason.
    I agree ... Maybe it's because Tebow won some games on completely on his own ... Rushing like a beast that would not be denied.

I don't know ... Does it matter ? ... I just hope both these guys play lights out in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree ... Maybe it's because Tebow won some games on completely on his own ... Rushing like a beast that would not be denied.

I don't know ... Does it matter ? ... I just hope both these guys play lights out in September.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    But he is a NY Jet and he's got a unique skillset that might make some plays for us so for that I support him.
    Unique what? What's so unique about him? He can't throw and he's obviously not the best RB in the league, he's not the fastest guy, he's not gonna break tackles like Adrian Peterson. What's so unique about him? The way you talk about him there's nothing he can do. He can't be possibly good enough to connect a pass even on special teams when they do trick plays. So what exactly are you talking about? What is this "unique skillset"?

But I think the circus sideshow that he is FAR outweighs the plays he MIGHT make for us.
    Don't blame him for something that goes wrong in your dome. You are obsessed with him. That's not his problem, it's your problem.

I don't buy the goodie two shoes act, don't buy the "oh gosh golly me" delivery, don't buy any of it--it comes off to ME as totally fraudulent. Just my opinion, if you care to believe him that's YOUR opinion.
    Then stop saying you support him, does this get through to you at some point? You DON'T support him. You want to say you do because he's a Jet and because people would rip your ass here if you said what you really feel. You hate him, as a person, as a QB, you hate everything about him. Stop saying you support him, you're not. The hatred, the jealousy is just oozing out of any of your posts directed towards Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So please read the top two quotes I posted earlier in THIS VERY thread before YOU started chiming in and turning this into a s**t show. One asking why it has turned into a Tebow thread, the second admonishing the National Media as to why the only thing they reported on was Tebow going shirtless.
    Now who exactly has the reading comprehension problem? Who is derailing threads on a regular basis? Who is stirring s**t on a regular basis?

Oh and P.S.......... GFY!!!!
    If you have the mental capacity click on page 2 and then tell me again who made this a Tebow thread. Exactly, the guy I mentioned earlier. And you are part of that group. From that point on it just snowballed into what it is now, because on page 4,5,6 people made the same type of comments about Tebow, people like you questioning whether he ran off the field without a shirt on in these conditions, way after practice ended, because he wants to be in the papers. You are not smart enough to argue any of the points you are trying to make, even if they are made up. Above is a good example of you making things up without really doing any research. But hey, maybe at some point if you're lucky it sticks. Try again. You guys started it, read the posts. You guys. You are part of that group, sorry to break it to you. Along with the retards that were out there yesterday heckling him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    If you have the mental capacity click on page 2 and then tell me again who made this a Tebow thread. Exactly, the guy I mentioned earlier. And you are part of that group. From that point on it just snowballed into what it is now, because on page 4,5,6 people made the same type of comments about Tebow, people like you questioning whether he ran off the field without a shirt on in these conditions, way after practice ended, because he wants to be in the papers. You are not smart enough to argue any of the points you are trying to make, even if they are made up. Above is a good example of you making things up without really doing any research. But hey, maybe at some point if you're lucky it sticks. Try again. You guys started it, read the posts. You guys. You are part of that group, sorry to break it to you. Along with the retards that were out there yesterday heckling him.
    Your f*****g hopeles. Sg3 makes a comment about wanting Tebow to get hurt and I made this a Tebow thread? You are completely lost, and a total p***y. Only a total moron would make the comments you do. You are lost out in outer space.

Jets Insider VIP
    FYI, the local NY papers are all highlighting the Tebow shirtless run in the rain.

That's the Tebow effect.

Hall Of Fame
    FYI, the local NY papers are all highlighting the Tebow shirtless run in the rain.

That's the Tebow effect.
    SSSHHHHHHH. Do not mention Tebow running shirtless, you will accused of unspeakable acts. There is someone around here who is VERY sensitive about that subject.

Jets Insider VIP
    SSSHHHHHHH. Do not mention Tebow running shirtless, you will accused of unspeakable acts. There is someone around here who is VERY sensitive about that subject.
    Hey, the more the media is talking about the shirtless run, the less they're talking about his shaky performances thus far.

Excellent PR move if intentional.

That's the Tebow effect.
    I love how Jets fans bash the NY media for how they cover the Jets, then spew the same garbage on this site

(not directed at you, but at anyone who thinks they can't find something better to talk about than a topless Tebow conspiracy) . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Your f*****g hopeles. Sg3 makes a comment about wanting Tebow to get hurt and I made this a Tebow thread? You are completely lost, and a total p***y. Only a total moron would make the comments you do. You are lost out in outer space.
    Save your breath, he's a shameless Tebow teabagger--he idolizes the guy and hates Sanchez--which is totally fine.

He just shouldn't expect everyone else to agree with his naive vision of Tebow.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 07-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

FF2 would be proud.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

FF2 would be proud.
    LOL....sometimes Jordy someone just pushes your buttons to the point where you have let a few F bombs fly. There is only so much non sense and lies you can take before you let it fly.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL....sometimes Jordy someone just pushes your buttons to the point where you have let a few F bombs fly. There is only so much non sense and lies you can take before you let it fly.
    Dude. You're preaching to the choir.

P.S. More importantly, don't piss off your wife by playing too much golf. Happy wife = happy life.

Hall Of Fame
    Thank You. Past 4 pages have been gold. Sanchez > Tebow. If Tebow ever becomes our QB this season it will mark the end of our season. The only way for us to be successful is if Mark is our QB.

Tebow sucks as a QB. But if Sanchez plays poorly, it won't matter. Tebow will go from 3rd to 1st on the depth chart overnight. Just like he did in Denver.

Ecstatic that someone finally paid for being crass. Rooting for injuries is bad. Rooting for players on your own team to get hurt is unforgivable.

I HATE Tebow as a QB, but when he is on the field I will cheer for him. And in the event he becomes our starter, I will root for him to succeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Actually, you don't get it at all. I've read enough of your posts over the years and I know you're usually WAY more rational than this.

Contrary to what you think, I don't "love" Tebow. You'll find many more critical posts from me than positive ones. The difference is I keep my criticism football related. I think if he becomes more than an upgraded Brad Smith for us, we're probably in trouble. But in that role I believe he CAN help this team.

If you don't agree, I'd love to hear your reason. But I don't care about the media, moronic fans, or topless pics -- I'm NEVER going to see the positive in focusing on such drivel, and look forward to the day when people can just discuss his impact ON the field.

We'll see if that comes to pass . . .
    Link?

Seriously though, here we are Sunday morning and the papers are gushing about that pic. You have to admit, it's probably distracting on some level. Off the field does matter on some level, at least it does to me. Character counts.

I agree that Tebow can probably help this team on some level. Scratch that, I know he can. But I do worry about the effect of Tebowmania, not only on the Jets as a whole, but even on the man himself. This isn't Denver, and as we saw from reports yesterday, the fans (and the media) can be fickle and downright pissy.

Speaking of which, you must have quoted me pretty quick, I edited my post a full 10 minutes before your reply. The comments I initially made weren't warranted, I'm better than that. So, apologies to you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Dude, he took his shirt off... as I'm sure MANY others do on a regular basis. But everything Tebow does is media material. EVERYTHING. It's kind of sad.

So I have a question, how is taking his shirt off immature? Which by the way is something that probably happens every single day at every single NFL camp.
    I thought I explained it rather well, but here goes; you answered it already. Tebow is Tebow, not any other player in any other camp. And since he is the one who publicly pontificates about his morals, his values and his prudishness, the fact that he felt the need to take off his shirt not at a beach, or at the pool or even on a hot day, but IN THE POURING RAIN whilst being the last one off the field in front of over 100 members of the media who are basically there BECAUSE OF HIM makes me question his motivations just a tad. Call me cynical.

And other than responding to this thread and having a brief conversation about it over breakfast with my wife this morning, it really hasn't crossed my mind.

Good luck to him, good luck to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

I thought I explained it rather well, but here goes; you answered it already. Tebow is Tebow, not any other player in any other camp. And since he is the one who publicly pontificates about his morals, his values and his prudishness, the fact that he felt the need to take off his shirt not at a beach, or at the pool or even on a hot day, but IN THE POURING RAIN whilst being the last one off the field in front of over 100 members of the media who are basically there BECAUSE OF HIM makes me question his motivations just a tad. Call me cynical.
    There isn't a thing this guy does that isn't scripted or thought out.

He is a PR machine plain and simple.

Maybe not his fault initially, but he's been playing at it for years now.

_