Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Camp Updates

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I am a Sanchez fan but what's with all the sideline hostility towards Tebow?
    He's gotta thick skin but it would be nice to see a little more support instead of heckling.
    The Jets are going to need his help to win games - wild cat, special teams or whatever.
    I would rather have support for all jets players but maybe this is a good sign that the cries to put in Tebow after Sanchez' first 2 int game won't be as loud.

Hall Of Fame
    So a quick recap of this mornings practice:

Sanchez played well went 6 for 8 on 16 plays one sack. Tebow had a mixed day 3 for 8 on 12 plays and sack. This was for the 11 on 11 team drills.

Maybin had multiple sacks.

Ricky Sapp very active.

Ellis Lankster "all over the place" today in a positive way.

Powell had some nice runs and some receptions. Great sign.

Hill beats Cromartie on a 40 yard TD, and had other receptions against the first team D.

Landry playing with first team D, although on a limited basis. Still great that he is out there practicing.

Overall not a bad session. Good play from both the offense and defense, thats kind of what you want to see in camp.

Feel free to add anything that I may have missed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So a quick recap of this mornings practice:

Sanchez played well went 6 for 8 on 16 plays one sack. Tebow had a mixed day 3 for 8 on 12 plays and sack. This was for the 11 on 11 team drills.

Maybin had multiple sacks.

Ricky Sapp very active.

Ellis Lankster "all over the place" today in a positive way.

Powell had some nice runs and some receptions. Great sign.

Hill beats Cromartie on a 40 yard TD, and had other receptions against the first team D.

Landry playing with first team D, although on a limited basis. Still great that he is out there practicing.

Overall not a bad session. Good play from both the offense and defense, thats kind of what you want to see in camp.

Feel free to add anything that I may have missed.
    Kerley injured?

Hill seems to be off to a real nice start so far.

I'm anxious to see if any of the backup tight ends really step up.I really liked what I saw out of Baker last year

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Hill seems to be off to a real nice start so far.

I'm anxious to see if any of the backup tight ends really step up.I really liked what I saw out of Baker last year
    Well this should shed light on that:

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Tarren Lloyd with some nice catches. He's the best blocking TE on the team. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Kerley injured?
    We may have to wait until Rex's presser on this one...

All League
    good to see tebow struggling

and no, you don't need to flame me, I understand a lot of you bought into the hype and I don't need your ten paragraph response about tebow, I just don't care so don't waste your energy

mcelroy for #2!

and good to hear the young guys on d stepping up! seems like hill is doing pretty well too

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    good to see tebow struggling

and no, you don't need to flame me, I understand a lot of you bought into the hype and I don't need your ten paragraph response about tebow, I just don't care so don't waste your energy

mcelroy for #2!
    No paragraph reply. No flames.

Just can't understand why a Jets Fan would root actively against ANY of our current Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Just can't understand why a Jets Fan would root actively against ANY of our current Jets.

I want any hope that he, the media or the team has that he can lead this team on Sunday to fizzle away before the season starts...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    -

- Landry definitely on a pitch count. Took 2 of 6 snaps in first 11 on 11 period, rotating w Smith.
    glad to hear he is rotating with Smith... Hopefully we won't have to see Smith on the field other than playing ST or as an extra LB in passing situations.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

It's that Tebow strikes a nerve with some people based on his religious views. Similar to Jackie Robinson coming in. Not comparing their skill levels just the angst they receive for their religious views/color or their skin

Hall Of Fame
    Its not uncommon for guys to get a little sore once they start banging around a little. We shouldn't overreact if we see reports of some guys working off to the side or sitting out for a few plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    It's that Tebow strikes a nerve with some people based on his religious views. Similar to Jackie Robinson coming in. Not comparing their skill levels just the angst they receive for their religious views/color or their skin
    That's not the case for me. I just don't think he's particularly talented for the position he's supposedly here for, QB and I feel that his intangibles are a distraction for a team already full of them from last season, one that plays in the biggest, harshest media market of them all.

That said, the guy is a phenomenal athlete and I will root for him everytime he's on the field.

BTW, outstanding job by the guys updating this thread. Great work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I love theTebow signing and expect him to be a big part of the team, just not the #2 QB spot.

As for the hostile fans, they aren't hostile, they are drunk and stoned. Our firm owns a blue stone Quarry about 20 minutes from Cortland and we employ dozens of locals from the area. A lot of them start their work day with coffee & a bowl, I can only imagine how they start their day off at a rainy morning NFL practice in "town". Good luck with that, lol.
    He is the #2. If Sanchez gets hurt or struggles heavily, Tebow will be the every down QB, not McElroy.

Hall Of Fame
    How does every thread turn into a Tebow thread??

This is a camp update thread. If you want to discuss how poor Tebow played thats fine, but I think there are more positives that happened today.

Practice day #2

Great updates guys. Two questions from back here in Jersey 1) how is Coples looking so far ? 2) Is Matt Simms getting any reps? Sounds like Stephen Hill looking solid.....what an addition that would be.

Hall Of Fame
    Take it for what's it's worth, but Hill beat Revis on a few plays today. #nyj

More positive news about Hill.

Hall Of Fame
    More on Lankster:

Some thoughts: I couldn't have been more impressed with Ellis Lankster. That guys was all over the field, had some sick pass breakups. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Can't believe I'm tweeting this, but Bilal Powell had a great practice. Looked good getting in and out of cuts. Nice change of pace. #nyj

I am shocked as well.

Hall Of Fame
    This should tell everyone what the National Media is all about:

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Landry practiced, Otah didn't but big news of the day was Tim Tebow running from the practice field, shirtless in the pouring rain. #Jets