Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Tebow deserve the back-up role?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The 3 games that Matt Simms watched on TV?

He won. Get over it. Don't try and take those games away from him. It's stupid to argue that point

LOL!.....Get over what?.......I want the guy to be an asset to the team, just do not see him as a very good QB.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the past two years have shown anything, it is that it doesn't matter where Tebow is on the depth chart at the end of camp. If the team plays poorly and the QB plays poorly, the force of nature will take over.

IMO it is nearly impossible for Tebow to outperform Sanchez in TC. As others have noted, he might not even outperform McElroy. But if the team plays poorly and Sanchez has a few poor games, the pressure to start Tebow at QB will become real.

Tebow will say and do all the right things. He knows if he is going to become the starter it will be because Sanchez did all of the work for him. Sanchez is in complete control of the situation IMO. If he plays well, Tebow will have his role in the offense but nothing more. If he lays an egg, Tebow will rocket up the depth chart.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If the past two years have shown anything, it is that it doesn't matter where Tebow is on the depth chart at the end of camp. If the team plays poorly and the QB plays poorly, the force of nature will take over.

IMO it is nearly impossible for Tebow to outperform Sanchez in TC. As others have noted, he might not even outperform McElroy. But if the team plays poorly and Sanchez has a few poor games, the pressure to start Tebow at QB will become real.

Tebow will say and do all the right things. He knows if he is going to become the starter it will be because Sanchez did all of the work for him. Sanchez is in complete control of the situation IMO. If he plays well, Tebow will have his role in the offense but nothing more. If he lays an egg, Tebow will rocket up the depth chart.
    I will share what I wrote on KRL's thread because I think it's more appropriate here.

No one out prepares Sanchez. His mental work in the off-season, twice visiting Pennington in Miami, means that he is on an accelerated curve with the new offense. I think it's fair to say that McElroy, while limited in physical ability is the brightest of the QB's so he is going to pick up a new system quickly.

My guess is that Tebow will be the person who will struggle most in camp, learning the new system. Give him until the end of training camp and he will likely catchup in terms of comfort level running the offense. I would never count Tebow out to be No.2, it's never pretty but the dude brings it at game time.
    All that stuff you can't measure on the Wonderlic, Tebow has it and it counts at game time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be more comfortable with kerley at #2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    so a Qb who actually took his team to the Playoffs last Season can't Beat out a Pop GuN Arm Mcelroy ... for #2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    so a Qb who actually took his team to the Playoffs last Season can't Beat out a Pop GuN Arm Mcelroy ... for #2
    didn't know no one else played for the bronco's other than tebow.

The run game and defense were the only reason why he could make those late comebacks, and he was usually the reason they needed to come back because of his play earlier in the game.

seems like most jets fans are blinded by the media

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    didn't know no one else played for the bronco's other than tebow.

The run game and defense were the only reason why he could make those late comebacks, and he was usually the reason they needed to come back because of his play earlier in the game.

seems like most jets fans are blinded by the media
    Scenario

Down by 6 in the 4th Quarter 4 minutes left .... Sanchez Gets Hurt who's coming in

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    I would be more comfortable with kerley at #2
    Ha, well he did complete the longest (or 2nd longest) pass play of the entire season to Matthew Mulligan. I would have been VERY comfortable with him as our primary "wildcat" option.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We have one of the best back up qbs in the league. If Sanchez gets hurt or struggles, we have a guy that can win games.

We havent had that in years. Clemens, brunell etc.

We get imo the best backup in the league, and some are heckling him at practice. Were these same fans heckling brunell last year?

Why does so many hate this guy? It cant be religon.
    He has the largest amount of fans who's teams got beat..going back to Pop Warner.. All the SEC teams, then a couple other conference winners, they ALL hate him..many are Christian..LOL. The vast majority of people from Ohio, be they from OHIO state, or from the Bearcats..they ALL hate him.
    So that's like four years of losers from some of the fattest conferences in college.
    Then you have all those teams that were struggling to make the playoffs last year, Jets included, Bears,Pittsburgh, the Raiders.. LOL et all, a lot of those fans , with good reason, HATE TEbow..it wouldn't matter if he was the only person to have a specific blood type that saved mankind, they would hate him..

Tebow is very hateable from a football standpoint.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan's Revenge View Post
    He has the largest amount of fans who's teams got beat..going back to Pop Warner.. All the SEC teams, then a couple other conference winners, they ALL hate him..many are Christian..LOL. The vast majority of people from Ohio, be they from OHIO state, or from the Bearcats..they ALL hate him.
    So that's like four years of losers from some of the fattest conferences in college.
    Then you have all those teams that were struggling to make the playoffs last year, Jets included, Bears,Pittsburgh, the Raiders.. LOL et all, a lot of those fans , with good reason, HATE TEbow..it wouldn't matter if he was the only person to have a specific blood type that saved mankind, they would hate him..

Tebow is very hateable from a football standpoint.
    That's a very interesting take. From my perspective as a Jets fan watching the Bronco game last year, you knew Tebow was going to come back, the Jets knew it, yes it was god awful ugly football but nobody could stop him. I am glad we don't have to play him this year, great Bronco defense or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    See, this is precisely why there's so much hate for Tebow. It's not because of his religion or anything like that; it's because his followers are the most idiotic bunch in the entire world.

Tebow fans seem to have this idea that the Denver defense didn't have guys like Dumervil, Dawkins, and Bailey. They also think that it was actually Tebow and not Matt Prater sinking 50 yard field goals as time ran out to put Denver ahead by 3.

This idea that Tebow is this amazing QB who just wins games with absolutely no help from anyone else is why people hate him and his fans. Not only that, his fans had the audacity to boo Mark Schlereth when he got honest with Denver (read: Tebow) fans regarding Tebow even though Schlereth had a hand in bringing two Lombardi's to Denver.

That, Tebowites, is why everyone hates you and your precious backup QB.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    See, this is precisely why there's so much hate for Tebow. It's not because of his religion or anything like that; it's because his followers are the most idiotic bunch in the entire world.

Tebow fans seem to have this idea that the Denver defense didn't have guys like Dumervil, Dawkins, and Bailey. They also think that it was actually Tebow and not Matt Prater sinking 50 yard field goals as time ran out to put Denver ahead by 3.

This idea that Tebow is this amazing QB who just wins games with absolutely no help from anyone else is why people hate him and his fans. Not only that, his fans had the audacity to boo Mark Schlereth when he got honest with Denver (read: Tebow) fans regarding Tebow even though Schlereth had a hand in bringing two Lombardi's to Denver.

I don't care who you hate. You're a nobody. A sad slob fan of a team that hasn't won anything since a burger was 25 cents.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Kippington View Post
    I don't care who you hate. You're a nobody. A sad slob fan of a team that hasn't won anything since a burger was 25 cents.
    Aww, a Tebow fan is mad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol thats cute, timmy would be proud

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hurr durr "u mad bro?" Haha far from it, it's funny to watch losers hate from behind their keyboards. That fat slob in the KRL thread that's wearing a shirt his mom made for him symbolizes all of you perfectly.
    Last edited by Biff Kippington; 07-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hurr durr "u mad bro?" Haha far from it, it's funny to watch losers hate from behind their keyboards. That fat slob in the KRL thread that's wearing a shirt his mom made for him symbolizes all of you perfectly.
    Door slamming in 3....2....1......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better than hating from the bench like Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Sorry, but anyone who automatically assumes McElroy would beat out Tebow for #2 wins "most idiotic" hands down.

It's one thing to argue Sanchez/Tebow -- I have no idea why people think that's even close. But McElroy/Tebow? Sorry, that's pure haterz right there . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to be an idiot to boo any Jet in practice. I root for all of them!! I save my jeers for the other team during the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Sorry, but anyone who automatically assumes McElroy would beat out Tebow for #2 wins "most idiotic" hands down.

It's one thing to argue Sanchez/Tebow -- I have no idea why people think that's even close. But McElroy/Tebow? Sorry, that's pure haterz right there . . .
    Exactly where did I say McElroy would automatically beat out Tebow for the #2 spot? Yea, try again.