Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 119

Thread: Will Tebow deserve the back-up role?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    We have Matt Simms, not Chris Simms.
    And he's no Matt Hoyer.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,919
    Heck, Tebow deserves the starting role if he can achieve it. IMO, he can't, at least not in the vacuum of skillset vs skillset. When you figure in the whole media/business/fan aspect of it, then it becomes a more muddled question. I think that is what is the case now with the backup position. By all accounts McElroy is better suited AS A QB for this role, but the aforementioned aspects figure into the decision to have Tebow be the #2.

    As long as the kid contributes and does what he can to quiet the rabble-rousers, I'm in his corner.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, 2 guys who have never taken an nfl snap will beat out a guy who led his team to a division title and was throwing game winning tds against the steelers in the playoffs last year.

    Fans of other teams are right. Jet fans are the dumbest fan base out there.
    Seriously.

    Fine, people don't like him. I get that. But to say he's not even worthy of the backup position is just plain stupid.

    Yeah, let's make Tebow a fullback. Morons.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by LI JET FAN View Post
    Training camp has just begun and Jet football fever is rampant in my home. Now on to a subject that no one has mentioned in 10 seconds. Tim Tebow will he automatically get the 2nd spot behind Sanchez? We all saw that Thanksgiving
    Game disaster when we out played Denver for 90%of the game. Tebow is a great guy ,a good football player,he's no NFL QB. Let's say McElory or even Sims puts up bigger numbers in preseason than Tebow. How do the Jets deal with this? Brunell was Sanchez's caddy for the last 2 seasons and we know he didn't ' earn his position. Tebow is known to be a bad practice type player however in the last 5 minutes of a game Tebow has shown he makes plays. Will this be enough for Rex and Tanny to automatically crown him the heir to Sanchz?
    Yes he will be the number 2 ... Move on.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Seriously.

    Fine, people don't like him. I get that. But to say he's not even worthy of the backup position is just plain stupid.

    Yeah, let's make Tebow a fullback. Morons.
    Agreed. If Sanchez has a bad practice then the same will probably be said of him.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    See, this is precisely why there's so much hate for Tebow. It's not because of his religion or anything like that; it's because his followers are the most idiotic bunch in the entire world.

    Tebow fans seem to have this idea that the Denver defense didn't have guys like Dumervil, Dawkins, and Bailey. They also think that it was actually Tebow and not Matt Prater sinking 50 yard field goals as time ran out to put Denver ahead by 3.

    This idea that Tebow is this amazing QB who just wins games with absolutely no help from anyone else is why people hate him and his fans. Not only that, his fans had the audacity to boo Mark Schlereth when he got honest with Denver (read: Tebow) fans regarding Tebow even though Schlereth had a hand in bringing two Lombardi's to Denver.

    That, Tebowites, is why everyone hates you and your precious backup QB.
    Actually to continually go on and on trying to convince people that the Denver wins were not to Tebows credit is stupid. And shows either that you are clueless to those games or just dislike the guy.

    Recognizing that he led Denver to those wins, doesn't come closer to making a case that he's an amazing QB.

    And yes, it sounds like you hate him when you follow ever post about Tebow by discrediting him and those who root for him.

  7. #47
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    When will you people understand, that Tim Tebow isn't here to become our next franchise Quarterback? He's here to help improve our overall offensive attack. He won't be used as a "backup quarterback"; he'll be used as an NFL football player. He'll become our center-piece of a Tony Sparano led Wildcat (Gator) formation, he'll be used as a HB and FB coming out of the backfield during down and short and/or goalline situations, could be used as a TE in order to throw opposing defenses off balance, could become an impossible force to stop inside the red-zone rushing behind Nick Mangold etc, etc This man is going to be lined up all over the offensive side of the field, maybe even on special teams, what don't you people understand? Stop acting as if we traded for a "backup quarterback" to rot the bench.
    +1,000,000!

    I don't understand it either. We got a football player who is trying to become a better QB, and maybe someday he'll develop into one, but in the meanwhile he already is an incredible athlete who might very well be the best running back on our team that just happens to be able to throw a little too. Why the man draws so much criticism makes me wonder if it is his openness about his religious beliefs that makes him such a target of such bitter vile rhetoric against him and his fans. I understand the media is idiotic, but the fans too? Stop letting the media manipulate you, people. C'mon, when this season gets rolling, there are going to be a lot of Jets haters, Tebow Haters, Sanchez haters and Schotty defenders all looking pretty damn dumb. You'll see.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Actually to continually go on and on trying to convince people that the Denver wins were not to Tebows credit is stupid. And shows either that you are clueless to those games or just dislike the guy.

    Recognizing that he led Denver to those wins, doesn't come closer to making a case that he's an amazing QB.

    And yes, it sounds like you hate him when you follow ever post about Tebow by discrediting him and those who root for him.
    I like your attempt to turn what I said around, but you'll need to try harder. Can you tell me exactly where I said Tebow had nothing to do with those wins? Anyone can clearly see he played a part. My point was that his fans have it in their head that it was ALL him and that he's some amazing QB because of something he didn't even do.

    Do I hate Tebow? No. Dude's swell. His followers, the Tebowites, are the ones I hate. Why? Because they have absolutely no grip on reality and anytime you try to introduce a little bit of it to them they just start chanting Tebow like an insane cult.

    So, please, do try again.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I like your attempt to turn what I said around, but you'll need to try harder. Can you tell me exactly where I said Tebow had nothing to do with those wins? Anyone can clearly see he played a part. My point was that his fans have it in their head that it was ALL him and that he's some amazing QB because of something he didn't even do.

    Do I hate Tebow? No. Dude's swell. His followers, the Tebowites, are the ones I hate. Why? Because they have absolutely no grip on reality and anytime you try to introduce a little bit of it to them they just start chanting Tebow like an insane cult.

    So, please, do try again.
    Question I have ... Why do you care ?? To each his own. Just ignore the cult if it bothers you. Works for me.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Question I have ... Why do you care ?? To each his own. Just ignore the cult if it bothers you. Works for me.
    Because not only do I have to hear about it on TV, I also have to hear about it here. And, quite honestly, it's annoying. It should be noted that I don't mind Tebow fans who are level-headed and coherent. I just can't stand the fanboys.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We have one of the best back up qbs in the league. If Sanchez gets hurt or struggles, we have a guy that can win games.

    We havent had that in years. Clemens, brunell etc.

    We get imo the best backup in the league, and some are heckling him at practice. Were these same fans heckling brunell last year?

    Why does so many hate this guy? It cant be religon.
    Tebow needed EVERYTHING to go right for him last year to pull out those wins, and EVEYTHING did go right for him. If the Broncos only won 6 games with him at the helm instead of 7 then Tebow probably isn't even a Jet and you saying he's the best backup in the league (which he's not) would be thoroughly laughed at as it should be. Tebow fans like you want to make it out like Tebow was the end all be all reason that DEN won. He wasn't by a mile. Prater made an absurd number of huge kicks, Marion Barber handed them a game by going out of bounds, and ironically even Sanchez gave him a win with that terrible INT for a TD. He played so poorly at QB that had they not won 7 games he would probably never be thought of as a starter again. If Mcelroy outplays him for the #2 then McElroy should have the spot. So far it sounds like McElroy is the better QB.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tebow needed EVERYTHING to go right for him last year to pull out those wins, and EVEYTHING did go right for him. If the Broncos only won 6 games with him at the helm instead of 7 then Tebow probably isn't even a Jet and you saying he's the best backup in the league (which he's not) would be thoroughly laughed at as it should be. Tebow fans like you want to make it out like Tebow was the end all be all reason that DEN won. He wasn't by a mile. Prater made an absurd number of huge kicks, Marion Barber handed them a game by going out of bounds, and ironically even Sanchez gave him a win with that terrible INT for a TD. He played so poorly at QB that had they not won 7 games he would probably never be thought of as a starter again. If Mcelroy outplays him for the #2 then McElroy should have the spot. So far it sounds like McElroy is the better QB.
    He also ran roughshod over our vaunted D last year. At least that's what I recall.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    He also ran roughshod over our vaunted D last year. At least that's what I recall.
    And then got stomped against the super amazing.....31st ranked NE Defense.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And then got stomped against the super amazing.....31st ranked NE Defense.
    Right the defense that was better than ours in the points allowed category.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Right the defense that was better than ours in the points allowed category.
    And? Tebow's game is gaining yards with his legs, not scoring points.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And? Tebow's game is gaining yards with his legs, not scoring points.
    So now the idea of not scoring points on offense is a new strategy to conform to the Tebowist theory? Because if so Tebow was awesome at doing that, averaging just 16 offensive points per game as their starter.

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    I have nothing against Tebow or his beliefs, I'm sure he's a fine individual. My problem is more with the media's handling of it. First day of camp, some dumb reporter calls Mark, Tim, and then I have to listen to Sapp say Tebow will definately start over Mark because they're already calling him Tim. What?! one of you morons called him Tim?! Crap like that is starting to make me crazy.

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I like your attempt to turn what I said around, but you'll need to try harder. Can you tell me exactly where I said Tebow had nothing to do with those wins? Anyone can clearly see he played a part. My point was that his fans have it in their head that it was ALL him and that he's some amazing QB because of something he didn't even do.

    Do I hate Tebow? No. Dude's swell. His followers, the Tebowites, are the ones I hate. Why? Because they have absolutely no grip on reality and anytime you try to introduce a little bit of it to them they just start chanting Tebow like an insane cult.

    So, please, do try again.
    Oh you didn't say it directly, you just said you like how he gets credit but it was the D and whatever that won the games.

    Nice try, keep spinning

    I'm with you, have no issues with Tebow, know he has tons of limitations but like him for the role the team has said he's here for.

    But to keep discrediting him, to moan and groan any time he's mentioned and to try to make a case that he doesn't deserve the backup role is to have no more grip on reality that the religious zealots who blindly follow him. It's sounds equally dumb, because it is.

  19. #59
    From the reports coming out of camp Tebow seems to be our replacement for Brad Smith. Nothing more/Nothing less.

  20. #60


    Can you imagine if Sanchez threw the ball like we see pictured above?
    If Mark Sanchez had those mechanics, all the Jets fans haters, media and assorted Sanchez bashers would be KILLING him!!!! ABSOLUTELY KILLING HIM.

    If Sanchez there the ball like that there wouldnt be:
    80 media reporters, No LIVE ESPN COVERAGE at PRACTICE, No off-the-charts backup QB jersey sales, NO QB CONTROVERSY...none of that garbage.

    But since Tebow knows Mr. Jesus, he gets a pass? Despite the fact that he throws the football like he skips rocks. Im glad Tebow is a Jet, cause like someone said, if there was a team that could kill Tebowmania, it is the NY JETS.

    I have nothing against Tebow, but do get upset at the Sanchez bashing and Tebow loving, some people actually BELIEVE that TEBOW gives the Jets a better chance to win! REALLY? If Sanchez was TEBOW....he would be the laughing stock of the NFL.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us