Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will Tebow deserve the back-up role?

My biggest concern is the risk the team takes with it's #2 QB playing wildcat. He'll be running the ball often and exposed to big hits. And that's not even considering the punt protector duties and whatever other foolishness the Jets are planning for him. It almost ensures the guy will get his bell rung and/or injured sometime during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    My biggest concern is the risk the team takes with it's #2 QB playing wildcat. He'll be running the ball often and exposed to big hits. And that's not even considering the punt protector duties and whatever other foolishness the Jets are planning for him. It almost ensures the guy will get his bell rung and/or injured sometime during the season.
    From my recollection, going back to his 4 years playing at Florida, the only times Tebow has been hurt have happened when he was in the pocket. He got knocked out of a game with a concussion against the Univ of Kentucky, and suffered some significant injuries in the playoff game against the Pats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPWqa2cqWM0
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 07-31-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

And like I said, no. McElroy, you da bess....backup....in New York....on the Jets....

Well, based on what the CS has usde Tebow for in the preseason which is QB. HELL NO! The guy is horrible as a QB as weall expected he would be. However, TT is a jack of all football trades and master of none. I would personally, like to see TT get a shot at being a starting FB.

When it comes to QB? I still think we should use him for the wildcat. I think he'll be great in that role. But as a standard pocket passing QB in the event we lose Sanchez? I would go with McElroy.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, 2 guys who have never taken an nfl snap will beat out a guy who led his team to a division title
    Yea, a division title for being a .500 team. The Jets missed the playoffs at 8-8 and were considered to have a ****ty season, but since the AFC West was hot garbage, you can win the division with an average team and a negative 81 point differential.

no, sanchez doesn't deserve to be a starter in the nfl too. This team is a f()cking joke

Veteran
    Most of Tebow's throwing motion "oddness" is relative to being a lefty.

Ever see a left-handed person write?

Everything is twisted out of whack; their elbow, hand, angle toward paper, angle of paper toward body, etc.

Last edited by jetrider; 08-31-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yeah, Tebow is the only QB in NFL history to overthrow a receiver. Right on.

Grow a brain.

Veteran
    Yeah, and he's also the only QB to throw a pick.

Both Rodgers and Peyton (among others) threw lamer picks this preseason than the one in that gif.

What's funny is that TebowNutRider thinks I'm pointing out certain plays to make Tebow look bad when I'm actually showing typical Teball.

lol Tebow.

God dam, that ugly on so many levels. Bro.

Veteran
    What's funny is that TebowNutRider thinks I'm pointing out certain plays to make Tebow look bad when I'm actually showing typical Teball.

lol Tebow.
    What's funny is McChinnuts is a compulsive liar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Most of Tebow's throwing motion "oddness" is relative to being a lefty.

Ever see a left-handed person write?

Everything is twisted out of whack; their elbow, hand, angle toward paper, angle of paper toward body, etc.

That's a good point. I was watching the Panthers game where the commentator was criticizing Tebow and saying you shouldn't be seeing the back of his hand during the throwing motion. These pix clearly show the back of Vick's hand.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The only reason for Tebow to be the back-up on game day is to maximize the # of players available on game day as he will be playing in other roles throughout the game. In the event of a ding or a short term injury to Sanchez, Tebow could come in to provide a breather and run his brand of offense for a series or two. If it were more serious, McElroy could be the emergency QB.
    If Tebow becomes our QB for more than a change of pace, it likely means the season is already shot.

Everything about Vick's delivery, from the waist up, is excellent. He's got a very quick, compact motion. His accuracy issues were almost always related to his sloppy footwork. He throws a beautiful ball, a tight spiral with a ton of rotation.

Tebow has an elongated motion and routinely throws ducks.

Comparing the two is absurd.