Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 30 year HS reunion this weekend, B******!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

My 30 year HS reunion this weekend, B******!

Hard to believe it's been 30 years since I graduated high school. Last nit we had a casual get-together at a bar in my old home town. Tonight is the actual reunion.

I had a great time in high school but moved from Connecticut to NY and only kept in touch with a small group of people. Definitely good to see many old friends and we had a great time.

After the reunion tonight, many of us are all staying at the same hotel after and I'm sure we will be drinking and partying well into the night.

Anyone else been to any of their reunions?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our high school mates get together every Xmas at our local Navy Club....the ones that come back home every Xmas that is, plus the ones who still live in the hometown.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    After the reunion tonight, many of us are all staying at the same hotel after and I'm sure we will be drinking and partying well into the night.
    Er. Where is the wife.

Then I'll formulate my next questions.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    anybody who remembers high school couldn't have enjoyed it that much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Er. Where is the wife.

-
    I wasn't a great student back in high school. I focused all of my time on having fun. I enjoyed it a lot but left it behind soon after I left. I kept in touch with a handful of people over the years but for the most part, I hadn't seen most of my former classmates in 30 years.

I wasn't sure how the reunion would be. I grew up in a small town in Connecticut and I think my senior class graduated something like 185 people. So everyone knew everyone else pretty well.

We had a great time and though 30 years had passed, it seemed like old times. I recognized almost everyone right away, although there were a few I had to look at name tags. Lots of drinking and partying well into the night and finally got to bed around 3 am.

To answer your question, the wife stayed home last night. She went with me to the bar on Friday but figured I would have more fun without her on Saturday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missed out on the 5 and 10 year reunions. Prob will go to my 15 year reunion in 2015. Kinda looking forward to some old faces

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics or it didn't happen?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the class tramp attend?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any hot chicks turn into whales?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Hard to believe it's been 30 years since I graduated high school. Last nit we had a casual get-together at a bar in my old home town. Tonight is the actual reunion.

I had a great time in high school but moved from Connecticut to NY and only kept in touch with a small group of people. Definitely good to see many old friends and we had a great time.

Anyone else been to any of their reunions?
    My 30th is also this year, because of Facebook ,mini gatherings and the mystery of not seeing what people look like until the reunion is gone...I'll go for the laughs... 1982...yikes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    After 30 years , many definitely have hit the wall...yet some still keep it together, a **** load of horny unhappily married and divorced gals...if u are single it's a smorgasbord ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    After 30 years , many definitely have hit the wall...yet some still keep it together, a **** load of horny unhappily married and divorced gals...if u are single it's a smorgasbord ...
    Sure, ruin my night. Feel free to regale, L.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, ruin my night. Feel free to regale, L.
    Naw, I'm married, but I did get hit on by girls I woulda died to go out with back in the day...(this was at my 25th, 30th this year in November)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Did the class tramp attend?
    The class tramp did not attend. She was very hot back then but drugs and alcohol likely have her looking "rode hard and put away wet" by now.

Surprisingly no. Then again, not everyone attended so the ones that did probably decided not to show. Actually the class on the whole has aged well. Many of the girls still looked great, especially with all of them in their late 40's. One of the girls, a little petite Spanish girl looked almost exactly the way she did in high school. Barely aged a day.

A few girls actually blossomed from high school wallflowers into attractive women.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Naw, I'm married, but I did get hit on by girls I woulda died to go out with back in the day...(this was at my 25th, 30th this year in November)
    My wife went to the gathering on Friday but didn't go to the actual reunion on Saturday. I sat at a table with a bunch of couples and a single girl sat next to me. She was in our class but moved before graduation. She was always fine and still looked incredible. We talked a lot and she told me several times that if I wasn't married, she'd have wanted to get together.

I have a great marriage and would never cheat on my wife but something like that that always makes you feel good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 20th HS reunion is is/was sometime around now. Meh. I was a metal head pot smoker who hung out with other metal head pot smokers and the dead head pot smokers. I have no real interest in seeing any of those people, really.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Er. Where is the wife.

-
    My wife and both have college reunions coming up next year and recently I told her that I had no interest in going to hers and I figured she would have no interest in going to mine. Thankfully the last part she took in stride (and not that I'm looking to hit on chicks - I'm not) as I still hang out with a whole bunch of guys from college and she grows tired of hearing the same stupid stories every time. But, she couldn't understand - and was upset - that I told her I didn't want to go to hers.

Are there any other places you would less rather be? Aren't reunions the time to go back and see people you haven't seen in a while, get drunk, (without having to baby sit your significant other), act a little stupid, and then go back and tell your spouse how lucky you have it, and everyone else there hates their life and aged terribly?

The best thing I could hope for in going to her reunion is to find some other miserable SOB, who's wife also dragged him there, and start drinking heavily to the point I embarrass my wife.

I guess its different with women - they want to show off their family to everyone else. Guys just want to go get wasted and perhaps go re-live some stupid college moments. Hopefully enough of her friends will decide that they aren't bringing their spouses and I'll get a pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    My wife and both have college reunions coming up next year and recently I told her that I had no interest in going to hers and I figured she would have no interest in going to mine. Thankfully the last part she took in stride (and not that I'm looking to hit on chicks - I'm not) as I still hang out with a whole bunch of guys from college and she grows tired of hearing the same stupid stories every time. But, she couldn't understand - and was upset - that I told her I didn't want to go to hers.

Are there any other places you would less rather be? Aren't reunions the time to go back and see people you haven't seen in a while, get drunk, (without having to baby sit your significant other), act a little stupid, and then go back and tell your spouse how lucky you have it, and everyone else there hates their life and aged terribly?

The best thing I could hope for in going to her reunion is to find some other miserable SOB, who's wife also dragged him there, and start drinking heavily to the point I embarrass my wife.

I guess its different with women - they want to show off their family to everyone else. Guys just want to go get wasted and perhaps go re-live some stupid college moments. Hopefully enough of her friends will decide that they aren't bringing their spouses and I'll get a pass.
    That's why the way we did it was great. Friday night was a casual night at a bar. Although I was bullsh*tting with everyone, my wife knew several people so it wasn't like I had to amuse her all night.

Then Saturday night was the actual reunion, and she didn't go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too have my 30th this year (in a couple weeks). Definately not going. I haven't seen most of them in that length of time, can't wrap my head around traveling 1400 miles for some party with old people

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I too have my 30th this year (in a couple weeks). Definately not going. I haven't seen most of them in that length of time, can't wrap my head around traveling 1400 miles for some party with old people
    Oh but they want to see you badly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to my 5th reunion and it was boring. All the same cliques hung out together at the reunion. Saw some of my friends, but my closest ones didn't attend. So I had a few drinks and then went home.

Haven't gone to another reunion since. Have no desire to and haven't gone to any of my husband's reunions either. Actually, he never went to any of his, so we're alike that way. We keep in contact with the friends we want to, though.