Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KRL Camp Notes (7/28/12)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yelling throw the ball isn't exactly heckling.

Especially if he should be throwing the ball.
    Exactly, then I guess Sparano was heckling Tebow too, because he was yelling throw the ball as well.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    You hear that MaineJet? Joe McKnight was impressive. Some "bust".
    Maine Jet's busy right now ...

'Goat Man' Is A Hunter: Utah Officials

OGDEN, Utah -- State wildlife officials have identified the man who has been spotted dressed in a goat suit among a herd of wild goats in the mountains of northern Utah.

Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said Monday the mystery man is a hunter.

Douglass told the Standard-Examiner that the hunter called officials and provided enough information to put their curiosity to rest. Douglass says he didn't ask for a name.

The man told Douglass he was preparing for an archery hunt of mountain goats next year and testing a goat suit. Douglass says the hunter came to Utah because he heard it was easier to get near goats for training.

The man described his suit as a hooded painter's uniform and a fleece.

Last week, conservation officials said that "Goat Man" might be in danger of being shot by hunters or attacked by real goats. But this week, they've changed their tune after Douglass met the man.

"I'm satisfied that this was a person preparing for a hunt and did it with knowledge and experience," Douglass told The Standard. "Hunters do some amazingly creative things to be successful."

Jets Insider VIP
    Favorite thing to see when I log on during the offseason:

KRL Camp Notes

Jets Insider VIP

Thumbs up

Great report! Thank you very much. You are a great reporter. Fair and non-biased. That is more then we can say about some paid writers for the media! You report the facts and what you saw. I appreciate that very much!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well I do realize that it's not his fault, but It's all that Tebowmania that causes people to get on him. The media talking about public pressure. People are afraid he might actually have to play QB. They want to make sure the coach knows they don't want him doing that.
    Fans in denver were afraid of him playing QB for them last year too. he only took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Some guys might be opposed to Tebow for the reason you stated. but many are opposed to him because they are Sanchez fanatics first, last and always rather then Jets fans. Heck these types are opposed to McElroy as well! I dare not bring up the religious angle at this point.

All League
    In response to C Mart's questions:

- Maybe since Ellard was older he was more laid back and let things slide.
    But Lal is much younger probably hungrier and more attentive to detail.
    There was never a teaching period were he wasn't harping on a technical
    detail

- When it rained for over an hour of practice I had to take cover under
    the stands so I didn't get my normal view. So I didn't see a ton of reps
    for Sapp, Steed & Dowtin. Hopefully there's no rain Sunday and I'll focus
    on more of the roster
    Last edited by KRL; 07-28-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Veteran
    KRL,

since I didn't mention it earlier today

... thank you for the camp notes, this year and every year.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    In response to C Mart's questions:

- Maybe since Ellard was older he was more laid back and let things slide.
    But Lal is much younger probably hungrier and more attentive to detail.
    There was never a teaching period were he wasn't harping on a technical
    detail

- When it rained for over an hour of practice I had to take cover under
    the stands so I didn't get my normal view. So I didn't see a ton of reps
    for Sapp, Steed & Dowtin. Hopefully there's no rain Sunday and I'll focus
    on more of the roster
    KRL, thanks for the info! Much appreciated, as always.

Great write up as always. I look forward to reading tomorrows updates.

Thank you KRL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I have been high on Ellis Lankster since last pre-season and was scratching my head when they cut him for final cuts last pre-season (even though he eventually was re-signed).

Glad to hear he is playing well again, hopefully he'll stick on the final 53 man roster this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Fans in denver were afraid of him playing QB for them last year too. he only took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Some guys might be opposed to Tebow for the reason you stated. but many are opposed to him because they are Sanchez fanatics first, last and always rather then Jets fans. Heck these types are opposed to McElroy as well! I dare not bring up the religious angle at this point.
    See that's the problem right there. Denver went to the playoffs in spite of Tebow. He averaged like 6 passes per game. Sanchez "took" the Jets to twice as many playoff wins his first two years, and to the identical record as the Broncos last year. Somehow Tebow willed his team to win, while Sanchez was only along for the ride. It's becoming quit obvious that the offense was being held back, by Shotty. After only two days of camp, the difference is palpable. There are not many Sanchez fanatics out there. He's being bashed up and down in the media while Tebow is drawing out fanatics by the droves. Sanchez has taken more than his share of heckling, and will all season. Most of the fans coming out in the rain to watch camp practices are probably more knowledgeable than average. It's becoming quite clear that Shotty has been holding this offense back. Sanchez does have much higher upside, and it shows. The fans have been reading that the Jets are going to have to resist the pressure of fans demanding Tebow, and that has them worried. I'd call this a preemptive strike. Most backups do not get heckled, but most of them do not have there own t-shrts either. I mean Tebow does love to invite attention, and well, he gets it. BTW, who are these fans opposed to McElroy? He hasn't much of an arm, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I'm curious to see if he can improve in that area.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I have been high on Ellis Lankster since last pre-season and was scratching my head when they cut him for final cuts last pre-season (even though he eventually was re-signed).

Glad to hear he is playing well again, hopefully he'll stick on the final 53 man roster this year.
    There should be a spot for him to at least compete for at the back end of the roster. Hopefully he continues to play well and forces himself on to the team - we need to develop guys like him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    There should be a spot for him to at least compete for at the back end of the roster. Hopefully he continues to play well and forces himself on to the team - we need to develop guys like him.
    He should be the 4th CB, I am not sure who else is really in the running for that position but the Jets need a competent 4th CB to play specials and in the dime packages.

Just a shout out to KRL this is my first year here, but I can see why everyone looks forward to your observations. You can add me to your fan following as well. A few of the so called " pro's" might learn a thing or two from you about good reporting. Keep up the great work and thank you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Forgot to mention that Eric Smith didn't look good in coverage today.
    Bell, Landry & Wilson were all better than him
    GREAT JOB, KRL...keep 'em coming!

PS...Eric Smith blows...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    See that's the problem right there. Denver went to the playoffs in spite of Tebow. He averaged like 6 passes per game. Sanchez "took" the Jets to twice as many playoff wins his first two years, and to the identical record as the Broncos last year. Somehow Tebow willed his team to win, while Sanchez was only along for the ride. It's becoming quit obvious that the offense was being held back, by Shotty. After only two days of camp, the difference is palpable. There are not many Sanchez fanatics out there. He's being bashed up and down in the media while Tebow is drawing out fanatics by the droves. Sanchez has taken more than his share of heckling, and will all season. Most of the fans coming out in the rain to watch camp practices are probably more knowledgeable than average. It's becoming quite clear that Shotty has been holding this offense back. Sanchez does have much higher upside, and it shows. The fans have been reading that the Jets are going to have to resist the pressure of fans demanding Tebow, and that has them worried. I'd call this a preemptive strike. Most backups do not get heckled, but most of them do not have there own t-shrts either. I mean Tebow does love to invite attention, and well, he gets it. BTW, who are these fans opposed to McElroy? He hasn't much of an arm, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I'm curious to see if he can improve in that area.

+1