Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my casual observations after attending camp today

Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Def true that some guys who are guaranteed starters were going thru the motions ..cp especially so.
    You know who don't just go though the motions ?? Patriots.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    It's true that this is a marathon, but Pace has been underwhelming here to say the least. Considering that he's not the hardest worker out there, his lackluster performance as a Jet is not all that surprising.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that if he were the type to bring it every practice, he would have had a better time here.

This is, of course, assuming that practice today was just a sample of what is "normal" for these guys. Maybe Pace was sick or had an off day. But I get the feeling he's always been a little on the lazy side.
    A bunch of us were in Oakland for the 38-0 hotdog game; Pace was a terror. Then the subsequent opponents just bottled him up; no problem. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    A bunch of us were in Oakland for the 38-0 hotdog game; Pace was a terror. Then the subsequent opponents just bottled him up; no problem. I don't get it.
    Yeah ... I remember that game ... Maybe he was dinged up after that ... Dunno.

All League
    Pace's #'s since becoming a Jet:

2008 - 16 GS, 62 Tackles, 5 FF, 4 FR, 1TD, 7 Sacks

2009 - 12 GS, 46 Tackles, 2 FF, 8 Sacks

2010 - 11 GS, 42 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT, 5.5 Sacks

2011 - 16 GS, 53 Tackles, 3 FF, 1 FR, 1 INT, 4.5 Sacks.

When he's on, he's on, but there does seem to be a slight dip after his injury that has affected his game. His numbers in '08 are SOLID all around impact player stats. He's going to be playing for a contract this season - most likely from another team - and should make his presence felt more on the field making that game changing sack/FF we originally inked him for. I like Pace and he's had a good tenure, when healthy, with the Jets. That said, I won't miss his contract next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

When he's on, he's on, but there does seem to be a slight dip after his injury that has affected his game. His numbers in '08 are SOLID all around impact player stats. He's going to be playing for a contract this season - most likely from another team - and should make his presence felt more on the field making that game changing sack/FF we originally inked him for. I like Pace and he's had a good tenure, when healthy, with the Jets. That said, I won't miss his contract next year.
    Looking at those numbers they are not impressive at all. Abe has had games where he got as many sacks as Pace had all last season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    You guys are funny, second day of a meaningless camp (for him) and you want him to burn it up.....right, that's going to happen.It's a marathon for a guy in his job. Try to keep that in mind.
    I tried to not comment during the off season/pre-season but this is silly.
    That's why I think Sporano is going to be great for this team. He's got the offense practicing with intensity on every play. If the D doesn't step up they'll be embarrassed out there. Come game time it'll seem slow to them, and their endurance will be up. Not to mention the depth of the Dline rotation.They have seemed to fade at the end of games. I can't wait for this season to start.

Veteran
    Sanchez throws rockets on Target..tebow not as accurate or fast..all hot babes in raincoats..hot faces...lankster fast and good in coverage...Coples huge fast and tossing the sled harder and farther .. also soprano wasn't messing
    around
    Oh no, not the guy with the Omega brands... some lil dude on here will surely not like to see this report... +2 for the "militants"...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

He's a hell of a player; with an offense that can score points, Pace should get his stats.

IF.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Yeah ... I remember that game ... Maybe he was dinged up after that ... Dunno.
    Rex schemes for "opportunistic" moments. If the offense can move the ball and keep the terrific RZ numbers up, then more teams will have to play catch up...and that's the opportunity Rex craves.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Abe has had games where he got as many sacks as Pace had all last season.
    ... must have been during the regular season then or else he would have stayed home with a tummy ache ...

l_j_r

All League
    Rex schemes for "opportunistic" moments. If the offense can move the ball and keep the terrific RZ numbers up, then more teams will have to play catch up...and that's the opportunity Rex craves.
    +1 Also the more the offense controls the ball and time of possession......the fresher the D will be when they are out on the field.

Sent from my LG-P999

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What, no cute chicks at all?
    Hayden Panettiere was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Hayden Panettiere was there.
    Thanks, Jordy. One year, SOOTH is gonna get off his a$$ and book me to take a camera crew to Jet camp to photograph/interview all the hot chicks in attendance. But no, let's do a podcast, whatever the f**k that is. Probably got talked into it by JayJay.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez throws rockets on Target..tebow not as accurate or fast..all hot babes in raincoats..hot faces...lankster fast and good in coverage...Coples huge fast and tossing the sled harder and farther .. also soprano wasn't messing
    around
    per the reports I read today, Sanchez was 1 of 7 in the 7 on 7. Please don't let favoritism get in the way of factual reporting. In fact the reports all said that BOTH QBs were off target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    per the reports I read today, Sanchez was 1 of 7 in the 7 on 7. Please don't let favoritism get in the way of factual reporting. In fact the reports all said that BOTH QBs were off target.
    They also said receivers had dropped passes. But you know, facts and what not...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And you know this how?

Love this line of guessing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    They also said receivers had dropped passes. But you know, facts and what not...
    This is for you to read!

Tebow, Sanchez struggle in practice Sunday
    July, 29, 2012
    By James Walker | ESPN.com - It was a dominant day for the New York Jets defense Sunday. ESPNNewYork’s Jane McManus reports Jets quarterbacks Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez both struggled, going a combined 2-for-14 passing in team drills.

Each quarterback completed just one pass against New York’s defense, which finished fifth in the NFL last season. Both quarterbacks were reportedly better in 7-on-7 drills, which is advantageous to the offense because there’s no pass rush.

There is not an open quarterback competition between Sanchez and Tebow, but all eyes still are on the quarterbacks. If Sanchez struggles early during the regular season, the Jets will be pressured to put Tebow in the starting lineup.

Playing against New York’s defense every day is not easy. There will be some growing pains, but the Jets hope it makes their quarterbacks better.

I guess facts are facts! You understand what I am saying I think.

All Pro
    I'm just trying to get to the next page so I can stop seeing this self hating jet fan at the top of the page. You know who doesn't just go through the motions ??? yes you know who.

Too bad you were quoting a post written after YESTERDAY'S practice.

It's OK -- agendas can sometimes get in the way of rational thinking . . .

All League
    This is for you to read!

Tebow, Sanchez struggle in practice Sunday
    July, 29, 2012
    By James Walker | ESPN.com - It was a dominant day for the New York Jets defense Sunday. ESPNNewYork’s Jane McManus reports Jets quarterbacks Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez both struggled, going a combined 2-for-14 passing in team drills.

Each quarterback completed just one pass against New York’s defense, which finished fifth in the NFL last season. Both quarterbacks were reportedly better in 7-on-7 drills, which is advantageous to the offense because there’s no pass rush.

There is not an open quarterback competition between Sanchez and Tebow, but all eyes still are on the quarterbacks. If Sanchez struggles early during the regular season, the Jets will be pressured to put Tebow in the starting lineup.

Playing against New York’s defense every day is not easy. There will be some growing pains, but the Jets hope it makes their quarterbacks better.

I guess facts are facts! You understand what I am saying I think.
    Dropped passes count as incomplete passes.

Sent from my LTEvo