Thread: anybody have one of the new nike jerseys?

anybody have one of the new nike jerseys?

if so how do you like it? I'm not sure whether to go for a game or limited jersey, the elite is a little too much of an investment right now at $250. I know they fit differently than the reebok ones, is the game jersey cut more like a t-shirt? FYI jetsshop.com is having a 15% off sale until tomorrow at midnight
    Last edited by cant wait; 07-28-2012 at 10:21 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend

They appear to be cut way too tight for someone over the age of 35 and we're likely going to see some pretty ugly spare tires in the stands all across the NFL.

Also, the amount of white (or green on the road jersey) that's on the shoulders now is no longer in balance, looks more like a practice jersey. I'm sure that on the players it'll look good, but not on the average fan.

I'd be interested in someone who owns an authentic Nike to chime in.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

They appear to be cut way too tight for someone over the age of 35 and we're likely going to see some pretty ugly spare tires in the stands all across the NFL.

Also, the amount of white (or green on the road jersey) that's on the shoulders now is no longer in balance, looks more like a practice jersey. I'm sure that on the players it'll look good, but not on the average fan.

SAR I
    I've read that they run a full size smaller than the reebok jerseys (reebok L = nike XL) but I haven't seen one in person yet

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I've read that they run a full size smaller than the reebok jerseys (reebok L = nike XL) but I haven't seen one in person yet
    They've got the replica's in Dicks and Modells but they're wired and they don't have any players I'd be interested in wearing so I haven't bothered to get them unchained to try on.

Even if you get them a size bigger, they are tapered at the sides, sort of pinch in like a girl's dress. It's wait-and-see for me.

SAR I

Do they look as much like Under-Armour in real life as they do online? If so, it's just a no deal for me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Saw them, they look like crap and were waaaay over-priced.

Thankfully, I have enough already... and as a grown man...dont feel the urge to wear them often.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    +1, they look and feel chinsy, and are more expensive than the reebok ones

Practice Squad
    I will purchasing a white elite when it becomes available. I had one authentic reebok for a few years, I will get the nike one as well.

SAR I
    They don't even look good on the players. The shoulders are wonky. You may be able to get this one for cheap once he's cut though:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Will have to try one first before purchase $3OO. Can't get a player from past other than Klecko, like Buttle?

Saw the new jerseys at modells. The fabric on the Nike jerseys are horrible and seem very rough. I much prefer the mesh on the reebok jerseys and the sleeves on the nike jerseys look a lot longer than the reebok jerseys. I'm going to stick with my reebok jerseys for a while until I go on a site like jersey101.com and get an authentic Nike jersey for $42, just to see what an elite jersey feels like (even though its not 100% authentic).

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Thankfully, I have enough already... and as a grown man...dont feel the urge to wear them often.

-
    Prefer the old Reebok ones. Much better looking, the new ones just look too weird for casual wear

JetsInsider.com Legend
    *** UPDATE ***

At Cortland tonight in the Jets Shop tent they had the $250 Nike authentics. Some observations:

The jerseys are quite thick and heavy, very similar in weight/feel to the Reebok's. The replicas at Dicks and Modells do not compare.

The sizing is, surprisingly, generous. I'm a 48 in Reebok and the 48 Nike was almost too big but not enough for me to go down a size. For those that fork over the bucks for an authentic, the 'spare tire' effect on the replica won't be seen. They don't taper in at the waist as previously thought.

I didn't expect the biggest issue to be the shoulders. Like your mom's pointy shoulder pad dresses from the 80's, the Nike authentics have very flared and very noticible, well, shoulder pads. I'm assuming that the players will appreciate the extra form-fitting shoulders and the extra padding, but for fans its an odd look.

The next weird thing is the kangaroo pouch at the stomach. Not sure what the players will gain from this but it feels weighted and accentuates the belly area, disturbs the balance of the front too.

The new sleeves aren't longer from a material-standpoint. It's just that the color creeps up much higher on the shoulders. The Reebok put the sleeve color lower down off the shoulder. It's not a deal-breaker but it takes getting used to.

The other stuff is great like the tackle-twill numbers, the plastic/rubber neck fins, the NFL logo, all good. The shoulder pads will be the issue for those wanting an authentic.

SAR I

Will steer clear of this lousy jersey

*** UPDATE ***

At Cortland tonight in the Jets Shop tent they had the $250 Nike authentics. Some observations:

The jerseys are quite thick and heavy, very similar in weight/feel to the Reebok's. The replicas at Dicks and Modells do not compare.

The sizing is, surprisingly, generous. I'm a 48 in Reebok and the 48 Nike was almost too big but not enough for me to go down a size. For those that fork over the bucks for an authentic, the 'spare tire' effect on the replica won't be seen. They don't taper in at the waist as previously thought.

I didn't expect the biggest issue to be the shoulders. Like your mom's pointy shoulder pad dresses from the 80's, the Nike authentics have very flared and very noticible, well, shoulder pads. I'm assuming that the players will appreciate the extra form-fitting shoulders and the extra padding, but for fans its an odd look.

The next weird thing is the kangaroo pouch at the stomach. Not sure what the players will gain from this but it feels weighted and accentuates the belly area, disturbs the balance of the front too.

The new sleeves aren't longer from a material-standpoint. It's just that the color creeps up much higher on the shoulders. The Reebok put the sleeve color lower down off the shoulder. It's not a deal-breaker but it takes getting used to.

The other stuff is great like the tackle-twill numbers, the plastic/rubber neck fins, the NFL logo, all good. The shoulder pads will be the issue for those wanting an authentic.

SAR I
    Lose some weight Fat Boy...

Sorry, wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Reebok L =Nike XL , no no u r wrong . check the following size charts below from nflshop and weiketrade

http://www.nflshop.com/category/inde...oryId=12320749

http://www.weiketrade.hk/help/help5-16.html

any new for the new nike jerseys

you can buy elite nike Jets mark sanchez jersey. just $69.99 at nflshop official website.

Hall Of Fame
    The tara jersey Nike Authentic White ones for $40 are nice. Probably nicer than the USA "authentics" made in the same factory.