Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYPD detective suspended after kidnapping victim found in his garage

Jets Insider VIP

NYPD detective suspended after kidnapping victim found in his garage

WTF?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/29...in-his-garage/

NEW YORK A 17-year veteran of the New York Police Department has been suspended without pay after a kidnapping victim was found tied up in his garage.

The New York Post reports Ondre Johnson, a detective with the Brooklyn north gang unit, was being questioned in connection with the incident and was forced to surrender his gun and badge.

A source tells the Post the 25-year-old victim was snatched off the street on July 26. The victim's friends then got calls demanding $75,000 for the victim's release.

The call was traced to Johnson's home, MyFoxNY.com reports. When authorities arrived Friday afternoon, Johnson answered the door and identified himself as a detective with the NYPD.

Investigators then found the victim tied up in the garage.

Four men have been charged in the apparent kidnapping scheme, MyFoxNY.com reports. 30-year-old Hakeem Clark, who lives in the same building as Johnson, was charged with kidnapping and weapons possession along with 27-year-old Jason Hutson and 27-year-old James Gayle. 24-year-old Alfredo Haughton was charged with kidnapping.

Johnson has not been charged.
    This guy will soon be a used-to-be-a-cop!

Jets Insider VIP
    You'd think a cop would've at least star 69'd that sh*t.

thanks to 32green and his cronies...

Hall Of Fame
    the kidnapped guy is found tied up in his home and he doesn't get any charges filed against him?

cops. the biggest gang on the block.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    thanks to 32green and his cronies...
    Lol....the Major Case guys that handled this were my cronies at one time.

Kidnappings were one of our major responsibilities.

I understand the sentiment that this guy should be in handcuffs (it was my first thought too) but apparently this isnt has cut and dry as it would seem from a prosecutorial point of view.

Apparently, the cop lived in apt. in the house and his cousin the thug in another (where the safe was). Also, the cop allegedly did not use the garage.

Believe me, they would lock this guy up in a second if they could, without blinking an eye...and they still may. The D.A. would gladly play ball with the other dudes and give them lighter sentences if they could to nail a cop, and Ray Kelly would not hesitate to hang this guy to make it look like he's tough on corruption.

This is far from over.

As far as associating with known felons, this guy is clearly a mouth-breathing dope and he will probably pay with his job and pension even if he beats a criminal rap.

Unfortunatly, in their efforts to diversify the Dept., they hired alot of people who were virtually surrounded by known felons family and neighborhood-wise, and then with a wink and a nod told them "dont associate with known felons", while the Mayor and PC took bows for diversification and the gorgeous mosaic.

You cant choose your family.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 07-29-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Unfortunatly, in their efforts to diversify the Dept., they hired alot of people who were virtually surrounded by known felons family and neighborhood-wise, and then with a wink and a nod told them "dont associate with known felons", while the Mayor and PC took bows for diversification and the gorgeous mosaic.

-
    Some people just don't understand...
    One of my friends had a cousin who lost his job because he refused to make that decision(blessing in disguise)... When in actuality the cousin was the one in the family trying to make a difference for his troubled relatives...

Veteran

I understand the sentiment that this guy should be in handcuffs (it was my first thought too) but apparently this isnt has cut and dry as it would seem from a prosecutorial point of view.

Apparently, the cop lived in apt. in the house and his cousin the thug in another (where the safe was). Also, the cop allegedly did not use the garage.

Believe me, they would lock this guy up in a second if they could, without blinking an eye...and they still may. The D.A. would gladly play ball with the other dudes and give them lighter sentences if they could to nail a cop, and Ray Kelly would not hesitate to hang this guy to make it look like he's tough on corruption.

This is far from over.

As far as associating with known felons, this guy is clearly a mouth-breathing dope and he will probably pay with his job and pension even if he beats a criminal rap.

-
    Fascinating look behind the scenes on an ongoing investigation, thanks ... our own 48hours show ...

Jets Insider VIP
    75,000. Bozos on a beat.

Jets Insider VIP

This is far from over.

-
    I'm sure the victim will be able to say if the cop was part of kidnapping crew or not.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'm sure the victim will be able to say if the cop was part of kidnapping crew or not.
    Dont assume the "victim" here is an innocent. This is much likely drug related and he may be in full "no snitchen mode" as are the kidnappers already apprehended.

Either way, when they tie together the loose ends here, most likely this "cop" ends up in handcuffs... to go with his suspension.

I dont know a single person who would shed a tear either just because he was a cop. There is more of a feeling of embarrassment that he was hired to begin with.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    75,000. Bozos on a beat.
    Just thank the Lord that you're off beat. Or is that beat off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Dont assume the "victim" here is an innocent. This is much likely drug related and he may be in full "no snitchen mode" as are the kidnappers already apprehended.

Either way, when they tie together the loose ends here, most likely this "cop" ends up in handcuffs... to go with his suspension.

I dont know a single person who would shed a tear either just because he was a cop. There is more of a feeling of embarrassment that he was hired to begin with.

-
    I have a buddy who's worked Gangs for the Brooklyn DA who pretty much confirmed that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    75,000. Bozos on a beat.
    Some bozos, granted... but mostly some awesome characters with a nose for the right thing.

Like any other field.

Dont doubt you met 75,000 cops though.

With swollen eyes and drool-draped lips, you told 'em all what you thought, dint you?

Good for you, Ragoots.

Good for you.

-

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Ooooh, you're good. I'm so gullible I'd suck as a cop.

How do you know so much about the case? Do you have a CB in your basement and listen to the cop frequency?

Do you go back to the precinct, and have all the young guns roll their eyes "ooh man, here comes gramps.."?

"Watcha workin on there kid?"
    "Kidnapping. It's a slam dunk, a cop did it"
    "Not too fast sonny, I remember back when I was starting out like you, we had a case..."

Hall Of Fame

-
    a cop is involved so the guy who got kidnapped goes from victim to "victim".

"gee, lady. maybe if you weren't wearing such a revealing outfit, that guy wouldn't have raped you."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Ooooh, you're good. I'm so gullible I'd suck as a cop.

How do you know so much about the case? Do you have a CB in your basement and listen to the cop frequency?

Do you go back to the precinct, and have all the young guns roll their eyes "ooh man, here comes gramps.."?

"Watcha workin on there kid?"
    "Kidnapping. It's a slam dunk, a cop did it"
    "Not too fast sonny, I remember back when I was starting out like you, we had a case..."

One box of these and his cronies in the NYPD gave him all the insider info he wanted.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    a cop is involved so the guy who got kidnapped goes from victim to "victim".

"gee, lady. maybe if you weren't wearing such a revealing outfit, that guy wouldn't have raped you."

You are hearing what you want to hear, Free.

In my experience, the "victim" is often involved either directly or peripherally with the kidnappers....linked by the drug trade. The fact that this cop, who is obviously a dope at best and a stone cold kidnapper at worst, wasnt arrested.. indicates that perhaps the cops and D.A's office is getting little to no cooperation from the other perps. or the victim.

Very often after 2-3 days of a whole team of Det's/cops and technical support (phone traces/emergency subpoena's) people running 24/7 to find a victim...the victim is found safe and sound, the arrests are made and the cops never hear about the case again from the D.A.'s office because they get virtually no cooperation from the....wait for it....."victim".

The case quietly goes away...all those resources to save a drug dealer.

Happens all the time in NYC.

Now, I'm not guaranteeing that this is the case here but it certainly sounds like it because they would lock this guy up in a second if they could, that I can guarantee....I've seen that too.

Last edited by 32green; 07-31-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Hall Of Fame

then that would make me like 100% of the rest of humanity.
    In my experience, the "victim" is often involved either directly or peripherally with the kidnappers....linked by the drug trade. The fact that this cop, who is obviously a dope at best and a stone cold kidnapper at worst, wasnt arrested.. indicates that perhaps the cops and D.A's office is getting little to no cooperation from the other perps. or the victim.

Very often after 2-3 days of a whole team of Det's/cops and technical support (phone traces/emergency subpoena's) people running 24/7 to find a victim...the victim is found safe and sound, the arrests are made and the cops never hear about the case again from the D.A.'s office because they get virtually no cooperation from the....wait for it....."victim".

Now, I'm not guaranteeing that this is the case here but it certainly sounds like it because they would lock this guy up in a second if they could, that I can guarantee....I've seen that too.

Meh... could be. I don't know the specifics of the case. What I do know is if the homeowner hadn't been a cop, he wouldn't have been facing suspension and possibly loosing his job. His ass would've got locked up. That day. You know... just like everybody else.

....oh, and theyd have confiscated the property.,

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

You can take the cop outta the hood....

All League
    Wouldn't a cop's garage be a perfect place to hide a kidnap victim? The real victim here is the dead monkey with the stomach full of cheeks and eyeballs.