Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 3 Camp Updates - Hitting Time

Post Day 3 Camp Updates - Hitting Time

Good morning everybody, today will be the first day we'll see some contact football, some real hitting. Should be fun.

Please post all the updates you can find or add your own updates to keep everyone up to date with everything that's going on in practice.

Practice starts at 8 - 11 AM.

- Rex calling out Kerley: “Jeremy needs to step it up, because quite honestly, I was a little disappointed in Jeremy this offseason. He’s got to pick up this system, this new system. You have to put the time in it."

All League
    First player on the field this morning? Timothy Richard Tebow. #nyj -- Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31)

Some pre-camp notes. Kerley isn't practicing. LaRon Landry is in pads. #nyj -- Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31)

Sent from my LTEvo

- Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    It looks like Jeremy Kerley is not practicing again today.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    - Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    It looks like Jeremy Kerley is not practicing again today.
    It is going to be interesting to see how Kerley handles this adversity. Not easy being singled out by the coach. Media will be watching this closely.

IMO, the 2 biggest storied thus far are Kerley and the LG competition.

Hopefully we get some good updates on the performances of Slauson and Ducasse today. First day of contact.

I'm just happy we added Schilens. Very underrated addition IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm just happy we added Schilens. Very underrated addition IMO.
    I think the coaches are expecting some good things out of him. Needs to stay healthy. He has a good opportunity here with the same position coach. I think Lal recommended him to Tanny which might be why we picked him up.

All Pro
    Good morning everybody, today will be the first day we'll see some contact football, some real hitting. Should be fun.

Please post all the updates you can find or add your own updates to keep everyone up to date with everything that's going on in practice.

Practice starts at 8 - 11 AM.

- Rex calling out Kerley: “Jeremy needs to step it up, because quite honestly, I was a little disappointed in Jeremy this offseason. He’s got to pick up this system, this new system. You have to put the time in it."
    Does anyone know what Rex is referring to specifically about Kerley? Does he mean sitting out some practices with tweaks or something worse?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Does anyone know what Rex is referring to specifically about Kerley? Does he mean sitting out some practices with tweaks or something worse?
    I think he referenced the off season program. I got the idea that he wasn't pleased with the time and effort he was putting into learning the new system.

I heard someone mention that he was also out of shape during OTAs and that is what could have led to the injury. But take that FWIW b.c when Rex was talking about him he said that nobody works harder or something to that effect. I assume he was eluding to physical work.

I am sure the media will be all over this and we will get a clear picture of the situation over the next couple of days.

- Landry is dressed today but he's not doing position drills to start today's padded session. Stretching off to the side.

- Josh Bush looking good on special teams. Garrett McIntyre also made a nice tackle. When Royce Pollard returned it, nobody touched him.

- Josh Baker has a bloody nose. Trainers working on stopping it.

- It's clear Nick Bellore is the best special teams tackler on this team.
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 07-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.

- Demario Davis isn't practicing.

Thanks for the updates! Keep em coming.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks for the update, DB!!! Keep em' coming.

All Kerley needs to do now is throw up in practice in order to be a total bust.

- Demario Davis isn't practicing.

This sucks.

All League
    Shonn Geene and Bilal Powell with a drop on a pass out of the backfield on a pass from Simms. John Griffin has good hands. -- Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31)

Sent from my LTEvo

- Sanchez and Tebow both on target early. Dexter Jackson with a drop.

- Shonn Geene and Bilal Powell with a drop on a pass out of the backfield on a pass from Simms. John Griffin has good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This sucks.
    Popped a hammy. He probably will be out for quite a while, that kind of injury has to heal completely before resuming.

All League
    Hayden Smith is improving. He had a nice catch in positional drills. -- Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31)

Sent from my LTEvo

All League
    We should rename this thread "the Steiny31 twitter repost."

He is the best for on site updates.

Sent from my LTEvo

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    TE Jeff Cumberland has added weight. A little more pop as a blocker. #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Ian O'Connor ‏@Ian_OConnor
    It's Sanchez and Tebow, Yankees and Sox on my ESPN 98.7 FM show 9-11 am. @RichCimini & @Joelsherman1 to join
    Retweeted by Rich Cimini

More sensationalism by the media about a non-QB competition.