Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this for real ?? Cro @ WR ??

Is this for real ?? Cro @ WR ??

Per Manish ...
    The Jets are putting together a "Cro Package" for Antonio Cromartie at wide receiver.

Story here ...
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...lay-wide-recei

Tweet here ...
    https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/statu...08850388475904
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-29-2012 at 07:14 AM.

All Pro
    yes

Huh? Why? We have Santonio, Hill, Chaz, Kerly, Turner, etc. Professional receivers who practice their craft every day in practice. Why would we take a CB and make a special package for him st receiver? Makes no sense. Is Cro batter at receiver than the a fore mentioned actual receivers? Can't be.

More smokescreen BS (I hope).

Huh? Why? We have Santonio, Hill, Chaz, Kerly, Turner, etc. Professional receivers who practice their craft every day in practice. Why would we take a CB and make a special package for him st receiver? Makes no sense. Is Cro better at receiver than the a fore mentioned actual receivers? Can't be.

More smokescreen BS (I hope).

All Pro
    Schillens is an injury worry. Hill is a rookie. Kerley is struggling based on what we've read recently.

Even if we never use Cro at WR, it's worth having it as an option, just in case.

Wasn't one of the complaints that the offense wasn't tackling when the ball got picked off? Maybe he's in the "tackle the intercepted ball" package (just kidding)..

Hey, Deion Sanders did it. Both CB and WR. And Cro is way better than Sanders ever was. Right?
    How about Cro on one side, Revis on the other at WR? Ironman football. Let them go both ways. The Jets are just that good.

All League
    Aren't DB's wide receivers that can't catch? Just seems to me that it's a waste and potential injury issue. Cro already tore his ACL once. Hate to see it happen when he's farting around at WR

I love how jet fans overreact to every little move. Belicheat loves to maximize players abilities. Using wrs at db and using tes at rb. Worse case scenario they try it a couple of times and it fails and they never use it again.

The fact is that the jets do not have super high quality players on offense and the staff is trying anything to give the jets a slight advantage.

Does kinda give off that "Al Groh / Marcus Coleman" eerie vibe. Only way I can see this as viable is if Cro is split out wide across the hashes and quick screens are delivered immediately to him. If he has to run an actual pattern it seems like a waste. Also viable would be on Hail Marys a la the aforementioned Coleman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I love how jet fans overreact to every little move. Belicheat loves to maximize players abilities. Using wrs at db and using tes at rb. Worse case scenario they try it a couple of times and it fails and they never use it again.

The fact is that the jets do not have super high quality players on offense and the staff is trying anything to give the jets a slight advantage.
    +1 Alot of Jet fans like whine with their football.. BB won a bowl with Troy Brown playing DB.. It also helps to throw the opposing teams D off balance to see who is going to cover Cro.. Cro has returned punts and kickoffs where there is a greater chance of injury then catching a pass..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 Alot of Jet fans like whine with their football.. BB won a bowl with Troy Brown playing DB.. It also helps to throw the opposing teams D off balance to see who is going to cover Cro.. Cro has returned punts and kickoffs where there is a greater chance of injury then catching a pass..
    You can look at it both ways. BB won by doing that and you can take a look at the steelers, who have the most super bowls and they do it the conventional way. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but makes me a little nervous that's all. It's just nice that it's that time of year that we are talking about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No, when you start whining about a DB getting a handful or reps at WR on day 3 of camp, you're just whining. Trying to compare it to what other teams did when winning SB's is nothing more than bsing your way around the whine.

All League
    Lol. Didn't know someone's opinion was considered a whine. If so, then I'm a whiner.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Lol. Didn't know someone's opinion was considered a whine. If so, then I'm a whiner.
    It's a whining. When you sweat out a few reps in a practice during camp?

Really, this is an issue?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It's a whining. When you sweat out a few reps in a practice during camp?

Really, this is an issue?
    Haha. Relax man. It's not an issue at all. It was an OPINON

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sounds like you're whining again.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Sounds like you're whining again.
    Can't help myself.

Veteran
    I bet it would be in jump ball situations

Rookie
    Read what Ryan said about it--- ".... hidden depth..."

The game day roster is at 45. If you need to leave a WR off the game day roster, maybe for an extra DB or LB, then you have some interchangeable parts. It never hurts to have some guys that can step into another spot, if needed.

NOT a big deal.