Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis has a tight hammy.... oh boy, here we go.

Revis has a tight hammy.... oh boy, here we go.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ight-hamstring

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis didn't practice Sunday because of a tight hamstring, the team said.

Revis participated in individual and positional drills, but he sat out the team portion of practice. He watched from the sideline without his helmet.

The All-Pro corner wasn't cleared by the trainer for a full practice, according to the Jets.

There was no initial word on how long he will be sidelined. Rex Ryan will address the media later.

Revis admitted he was "close" to holding out before deciding to report to camp but the initial indication is that this isn't contract related. Two years ago, at a minicamp, Revis -- unhappy with his contract -- admitted he feigned a hamstring injury as a form of protest.

Revis wants to re-negotiate his contract, which had two years remaining, but he was rebuffed by the Jets.

Who cares. Hell be fine. NON-STORY here. This is why I almost wish bloggers, tweeters, and other idiot Sports Reporters were TRULY not allowed at Training Camp. Let the team frikkkin practice.

I wrote this in another thread just now:

He gets what he deserves. He's already faked one hamstring injury, real or not, it's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. He wants to be paid like an elite athlete, threaten holdouts, try to renegotiate the contract that he signed when he held out last (2nd holdout) to get more guaranteed money.

He gets what he deserves.

Hall Of Fame
    Revis has made his bed. He ADMITTEDLY faked a hammy in the past.

All the speculation will be HIS fault.

Here we go.

FTR, I do not think he is faking anything. But I understand why people would doubt him.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

He gets what he deserves. He's already faked one hamstring injury, real or not, it's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. He wants to be paid like an elite athlete, threaten holdouts, try to renegotiate the contract that he signed when he held out last (2nd holdout) to get more guaranteed money.

See this is what happens when people are WAY too fanactical about 'their team'. Leave Revis alone. THIS IS A BUSINESS. Not High School sports. He's also the best Jet EVER to put on the uniform. If he wants to take a day off due to a tight hammy, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis has made his bed. He ADMITTEDLY faked a hammy in the past.

All the speculation will be HIS fault.

Here we go.

FTR, I do not think he is faking anything. But I understand why people would doubt him.
    I don't think he's faking now either, but he deserves (and we, as fans deserve) speculation and a bit of humility on his part.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Who cares. Hell be fine. NON-STORY here. This is why I almost wish bloggers, tweeters, and other idiot Sports Reporters were TRULY not allowed at Training Camp. Let the team frikkkin practice.
    Why is this a NON-STORY? Not saying he is faking injury this time, but he has done it in the past.
    Been waiting months for TC to open, so I love hearing the reports from everyone.

See this is what happens when people are WAY too fanactical about 'their team'. Leave Revis alone. THIS IS A BUSINESS. Not High School sports. He's also the best Jet EVER to put on the uniform. If he wants to take a day off due to a tight hammy, so be it.
    Hell no. The organization wants me to buy game tickets, jerseys, watch the games, and contribute?

The least they can do is call out a prima donna when he potentially acts like a child who doesn't get his toy.

Difference between certain fans. I demand complete professionalism from all players, past players, and future players. You don't get "passes" just because.

"Leave Revis alone".
    Hell no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So faking injury if true would be part of business?? Why not just hold out like he usually does instead of being phony??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So faking injury if true would be part of business?? Why not just hold out like he usually does instead of being phony??
    Exactly. "He's great, so let him do whatever he wants."

His attitude sucks, IMO. There's a good chance he's going to be disappointing one of these years because he's going to take his preparation for granted.

Not practicing is not good news. Regardless what the reason is.

All League
    If he holds out, he basically screws himself in terms of his contract. I don't think he is faking either.

We all know why he won't holdout. The language in his contract and he can't or the Jets have him by the balls.

This is the only game he can play with Jets management.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Exactly. "He's great, so let him do whatever he wants."

His attitude sucks, IMO. There's a good chance he's going to be disappointing one of these years because he's going to take his preparation for granted.

Not practicing is not good news. Regardless what the reason is.
    He got his million for showing up so now maybe the games begin IF he's not really hurt.. Other great players don't pull this crap..

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    If he holds out, he basically screws himself in terms of his contract. I don't think he is faking either.
    Give him an MRI if this keeps up. That'll tell the truth.

Non-issue. It was the trainers that held him out, Revis expects to be full go tomorrow as per Tweet from Mehta

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    We all know why he won't holdout. The language in his contract and he can't or the Jets have him by the balls.

This is the only game he can play with Jets management.
    Revis doesn't respect contracts.. The bottom line is I doubt the Jets would let him sit and rot.. They would either cave or look to trade him IMO..

Jets Insider VIP

Wow I really don't recall the news of him faking a hamstring injury. That's the most disgraceful thing a professional athlete can ever do.

I don't think he's faking it either, but the point is that we can't afford to get hit with the injury bug AGAIN this year.

Can all of you call yourselves out for being stupid when Revis goes full tilt tomorrow?

Can all of you call yourselves out for being stupid when Revis goes full tilt tomorrow?
    +1