Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revis has a tight hammy.... oh boy, here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    [B]A member of the organization with knowledge of the situation said Revis is in fact injured and is not sending a message about his contract.[/B
    This is better. Not coming from Revis himself, and coming from the organization gives him some credit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Again, we're talking about this because it's Revis.

Harris claims his hamstring is tweaked, nobody is saying anything about it.

If I had to bet, Revis is NOT faking this injury. But I'm not 100% convinced, and I'm sure most people aren't either.
    To me it's not a big deal and I'm sure he'll be fine and that while this injury is legit, it's probably not serious. But, he has only himself to blame for the speculation. You pull the **** he pulled, it sticks with you. I don't think he'll be faking any injuries anymore, and the first one was really a non-issue, but you make your bed, you lie in it.

Jmo, this will be forgotten by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    To me it's not a big deal and I'm sure he'll be fine and that while this injury is legit, it's probably not serious. But, he has only himself to blame for the speculation. You pull the **** he pulled, it sticks with you. I don't think he'll be faking any injuries anymore, and the first one was really a non-issue, but you make your bed, you lie in it.

Jmo, this will be forgotten by tomorrow.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Who cares. Hell be fine. NON-STORY here. This is why I almost wish bloggers, tweeters, and other idiot Sports Reporters were TRULY not allowed at Training Camp. Let the team frikkkin practice.
    This is the problem when you are an actual real football fan who wants to consume football news in this media market. Revis sitting out because of his hammy absolutely needs to be reported. What is unnecessary is the "olive stone" conspiracy theories, which are baseless and speculative.

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-29-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Anyone taking light that a player has a "tight hammy" is fooling themselves. Hamstring injuries linger. I'd rather hear nothing about it at all. To say we're all over reacting to the fact that our star player has a tight hammy is over reacting in the other direction. This isn't a "no big deal" situation. I can understand that it's not a pull or a tear. But we are talking about a player with previous hamstring injuries and he just so happens to be our best player period. We can't afford to have him nursing a hamstring injury all season.

On a side note, it just shows how good Hill is right now because he gave Revis one hell of a work out. ATL don't play son! We produce talent.

Just be ready in September, Revis.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This just in: Revis has lied about this before.

And you completely miss the point. Completely.
    Awww man, here come the conspiracy theories regarding Revis and his "hidden agenda" hold out... I don't remember Revis admitting anything of that sort... But, if you're willing to prove me wrong, provide evidence(a link)..

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So faking injury if true would be part of business?? Why not just hold out like he usually does instead of being phony??
    I think Revis is suffering because the Offense is practicing at quick tempo; I don't think he's faking at all. Sparano has the offense going up-tempo as the new MO. I believe #24 wasn't able to "get ready" for a new uptempo look from the offense.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Can all of you call yourselves out for being stupid when Revis goes full tilt tomorrow?
    easy bubbaman

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Darrelle Revis was limited in this morning's practice after feeling tightness in his hamstring yesterday. The Jets All-Pro cornerback was cleared by trainers to do individual work but not team drills, so he sat out the 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 periods.

After practice, Revis said the injury is not serious and not the same hamstring (left) that plagued him in 2010. He hopes to practice fully tomorrow.

"Just a little bit of tightness," Revis said. "We loosened it up this morning, and actually it felt great going out to practice. I did individual (drills), and I felt great, but they just told me to sit out."

Revis reported to training camp on time but said he was "close" to holding out as he seeks a long-term contract extension. During mini-camp in 2010, before his training camp holdout for a new contract, Revis took a few reps off and gave explanations including a sore hamstring and light-headedness -- but eventually admitted he was taking a stand for a new contract. Revis said that is not the case with this situation.

"Come on now. No, no it has nothing to do with that," Revis said when asked if his injury is at all contract-related. "I'm here. If I wasnít going to be here, I would have held out, so thatís not the case."

A member of the organization with knowledge of the situation said Revis is in fact injured and is not sending a message about his contract.

Revis pointed out that he ran his conditioning test on Thursday and that the pace of practice has been more intense in part because of the fast tempo offensive coordinator Tony Sparano sets. Revis is playing it safe.

"I have had a lot of hamstring problems," he said. "This is just something whee we try to take car of it before it even occurs."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...imited_at.html
    Ha! Right there. Me and you, JennyV.

Thanks CMART

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    This is the problem when you are an actual real football fan who wants to consume football news in this media market. Revis sitting out because of his hammy absolutely needs to be reported. What is unnecessary is the "olive stone" conspiracy theories, which are baseless and speculative.

+ forever

non issue with revis. the problem 2 season's ago was that he had the hamstring after the first game and it bothered him the whole season. that was because he didn't have a whole training camp to prepare his body. his technique didn't need any help so there is really no reason for him to be at training camp except to get his body ready for the season. he's got plenty of time for this.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    non issue with revis. the problem 2 season's ago was that he had the hamstring after the first game and it bothered him the whole season. that was because he didn't have a whole training camp to prepare his body. his technique didn't need any help so there is really no reason for him to be at training camp except to get his body ready for the season. he's got plenty of time for this.
    Well ... He should be teaching the new guys how to play ... k Wilson too.