Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis has a tight hammy.... oh boy, here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Can all of you call yourselves out for being stupid when Revis goes full tilt tomorrow?
    You miss the point completely.

Can all of you call yourselves out for being stupid when Revis goes full tilt tomorrow?
    Can you just cry yourself to sleep instead of bothering all of the grown ups?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
    Revis said contract situation has nothing to do with him missing most of practice. Said if he wanted to hold out he would have

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Revis also says his hamstring tightness is not on same hamstring that bothered him few years ago.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Revis said it's the other hamstring that he hurt, not one he hurt in 2010. Doesn't sound concerned. Hopes to practice tomorrow

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Revis said hamstring not serious, expects to practice tomorrow. Not contract related, he claims.

Typical Cimini...
    from the day 3 update thread

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Give him an MRI if this keeps up. That'll tell the truth.
    Not a bad idea

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Can you just cry yourself to sleep instead of bothering all of the grown ups?
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Not a bad idea
    Again, we're talking about this because it's Revis.

Harris claims his hamstring is tweaked, nobody is saying anything about it.

If I had to bet, Revis is NOT faking this injury. But I'm not 100% convinced, and I'm sure most people aren't either.

All League
    Difference between certain fans. I demand complete professionalism from all players, past players, and future players. You don't get "passes" just because.
    Looool. Good luck on your mission, righteous fighter of true fan justice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If I had to bet, Revis is NOT faking this injury. But I'm not 100% convinced, and I'm sure most people aren't either.
    +1 But would I be shocked if it was a Mevis trick?? No..

THIS JUST IN. Players sometimes take days off in practice. And sometimes, they really get banged up and need a day off. If that Offends you as a fan, then you are one step away from going postal.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Looool. Good luck on your mission, righteous fighter of true fan justice.
    Meaning I call it like I see it. I'm not going to change anyone's opinions, but I have the right to voice the ones I have.

It translates to the rest of my life of how I treat people. You get treated the way you treat others.

Revis, as a player, should be treated in the same way he makes the fans feel.

Good on the field, like **** off of it.

THIS JUST IN. Players sometimes take days off in practice. And sometimes, they really get banged up and need a day off. If that Offends you as a fan, then you are one step away from going postal.
    This just in: Revis has lied about this before.

And you completely miss the point. Completely.

All League

I agree. At this point you just don't know. Maybe he is used to not being in TC?

You're the only one that is taking offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I agree. At this point you just don't know. Maybe he is used to not being in TC?
    This is true. He hasn't been in TC since 2009.

Andre Johnson leaves Texans practice with a slight groin injury, I wonder if he is faking it.

This is true. He hasn't been in TC since 2009.
    He reported on time last year. Even though it was in Florham Park, it still was training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    He reported on time last year. Even though it was in Florham Park, it still was training camp.
    Yes, but not a true training camp for anyone last year.

All League
    To be honest, he can skip traing camp if he has a year like he did in 2009. But as I say that I remember just how good his year was with that last full training camp. Best year ever by a DB

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Darrelle Revis was limited in this morning's practice after feeling tightness in his hamstring yesterday. The Jets All-Pro cornerback was cleared by trainers to do individual work but not team drills, so he sat out the 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 periods.

After practice, Revis said the injury is not serious and not the same hamstring (left) that plagued him in 2010. He hopes to practice fully tomorrow.

"Just a little bit of tightness," Revis said. "We loosened it up this morning, and actually it felt great going out to practice. I did individual (drills), and I felt great, but they just told me to sit out."

Revis reported to training camp on time but said he was "close" to holding out as he seeks a long-term contract extension. During mini-camp in 2010, before his training camp holdout for a new contract, Revis took a few reps off and gave explanations including a sore hamstring and light-headedness -- but eventually admitted he was taking a stand for a new contract. Revis said that is not the case with this situation.

"Come on now. No, no it has nothing to do with that," Revis said when asked if his injury is at all contract-related. "I'm here. If I wasnít going to be here, I would have held out, so thatís not the case."

A member of the organization with knowledge of the situation said Revis is in fact injured and is not sending a message about his contract.

Revis pointed out that he ran his conditioning test on Thursday and that the pace of practice has been more intense in part because of the fast tempo offensive coordinator Tony Sparano sets. Revis is playing it safe.

"I have had a lot of hamstring problems," he said. "This is just something whee we try to take car of it before it even occurs."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...imited_at.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Players yes but we were talking about Revis.. Who is going Postal except for the Revis sycophant's that think he can do no wrong??