Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rothenberg on 98.7

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rothenberg on 98.7

Guy has been non stop hating on the Jets for upwards of a week now....Let's get some guys yelling at him on the air or blowing his twitter up @RothenbergESPN. Keeps talking about a "QB Controversy" and other media created crap that we know isn't true. Talked about "Our number 2 reciever in Kerley being bad so far".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not your personal army.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, obviously not, but this is a voice spreading garbage throughout the whole market on one of the biggest stations. Trolling hard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll show him. We are not to be trifled with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Guy has been non stop hating on the Jets for upwards of a week now....Let's get some guys yelling at him on the air or blowing his twitter up @RothenbergESPN. Keeps talking about a "QB Controversy" and other media created crap that we know isn't true. Talked about "Our number 2 reciever in Kerley being bad so far".
    I have to laugh, he is saying how much more talented the Giants are then the Jets. Lets see the Giants were 9-7 and the Jets were 8-8. The difference being the Cruz 99 yard TD. Without that play, the Jets probably win that game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's on now if you guys want to listen. He's a giants fan, and a few days ago he said "What Eli has done over the last five years is nothing short of Legendary" and "Yeah there are those guys Brady, Brees, Rodgers, but in the last 90 seconds you've gotta take Eli over all of those guys". While CONSTANTLY talking about Tebow being a threat to Sanchez and blah blah blah.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of the show but the name sounds familiar and I'm pretty sure I knew him back in high school - worked with him for a bit.

The dude went to Wheatley I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's on now if you guys want to listen. He's a giants fan, and a few days ago he said "What Eli has done over the last five years is nothing short of Legendary" and "Yeah there are those guys Brady, Brees, Rodgers, but in the last 90 seconds you've gotta take Eli over all of those guys". While CONSTANTLY talking about Tebow being a threat to Sanchez and blah blah blah.
    It was really sickening when Amani Toomer was on with him. It was tag-team Jet/Sanchez bashing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a NY Giants homer who ALWAYS bashes the Jets....it would probably be better to just turn the dial like I do when he gets ridiculous...carry on folks....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I've never heard of the show but the name sounds familiar and I'm pretty sure I knew him back in high school - worked with him for a bit.

The dude went to Wheatley I think.

"Hi Crash. It's Rothy"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I hate the most is when guys like this talk like every thing they say is matter of fact...it's just the worst radio. Him and John Rothstein who used to be on 1050 a lot are both just opinionated , biased, pessimists.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I hate the most is when guys like this talk like every thing they say is matter of fact...it's just the worst radio. Him and John Rothstein who used to be on 1050 a lot are both just opinionated , biased, pessimists.
    I had to shut him off when he started giving head to the Giants.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I had to shut him off when he started giving head to the Giants.
    Now saying it's "ridiculous" to say the Giants got lucky last year...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now saying it's "ridiculous" to say the Giants got lucky last year...
    I actually agree with him ... The Giants did not get lucky last year. They hit their stride at the perfect moment. Bash on them all you want ... Eli is a much better QB than anyone in our stable. And their DLine is pretty imposing. To say it was luck is ignorant. If it was luck ... Then it was the Jets that turned their luck with the most agonizing play of the season against Cruz.

I still can't stand the bastard though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I actually agree with him ... The Giants did not get lucky last year. They hit their stride at the perfect moment. Bash on them all you want ... Eli is a much better QB than anyone in our stable. And their DLine is pretty imposing. To say it was luck is ignorant. If it was luck ... Then t was the Jets at turned their luck wi the most agonizing play of the season against Cruz.
    I disagree. The niners should have beat them in the NFCCG. If Ted Ginn was playing (who would have guessed I'd every be saying this) ,the niners win that game. The GB Packers game was lucky as well- the packers had by far their worst game of the year at the wrong time- their recievers dropped a season high of balls, and they gave up a hail mary at the end of the first half. That doesn't just happen on a regular basis. Hell, go back to the first game against the cowboys. If Romo and Austin convert that TD pass, the giants aren't even in a position to win the division letalone get into the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree. The niners should have beat them in the NFCCG. If Ted Ginn was playing (who would have guessed I'd every be saying this) ,the niners win that game. The GB Packers game was lucky as well- the packers had by far their worst game of the year at the wrong time- their recievers dropped a season high of balls, and they gave up a hail mary at the end of the first half. That doesn't just happen on a regular basis. Hell, go back to the first game against the cowboys. If Romo and Austin convert that TD pass, the giants aren't even in a position to win the division letalone get into the playoffs.
    Well ... Maybe their opponents were unlucky ... Remember the Jets squeaking in and making it to the AFCCG ? Was that luck too?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Well ... Maybe their opponents were unlucky ... Remember the Jets squeaking in and making it to the AFCCG ? Was that luck too?
    Yes it was and the Jets like the giants took advantage of their luck. Its still luck though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    always need a little luck to win a SB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    always need a little luck to win a SB.
    That's what the Colts are counting on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sucks that folks let this stuff upset them...Let it go. Not worth it...