Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 125

Thread: The Golf Thread

  1. #101
    i have spent way to much money on Scotties over the years. Have 5 in my garage right now. I found a Wilson 8802 a couple years ago for 25 bucks at the local golfsmith that I LOVE.

  2. #102
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Has anyone bought pre-owned over the internet?

    Callaway and Taylor-made have great sites and I was thinking about grabbing a set off there. You can even have them re-grip, adjust the lie and length etc., for additional costs.

    I need to get fitted for measurements but don't feel it's worth the investment for a brand new set.

  3. #103
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,295
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Has anyone bought pre-owned over the internet?

    Callaway and Taylor-made have great sites and I was thinking about grabbing a set off there. You can even have them re-grip, adjust the lie and length etc., for additional costs.

    I need to get fitted for measurements but don't feel it's worth the investment for a brand new set.
    do you have a golfsmith nearby? THey have a bunch of used clubs you can demo in their cage, I got a great deal on a Ping driver last year for a backup set.

  4. #104
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    do you have a golfsmith nearby? THey have a bunch of used clubs you can demo in their cage, I got a great deal on a Ping driver last year for a backup set.
    Yes, I also work on a course. They have a huge bucket of left over clubs and I have been swinging them all. The only problem is, I don't know what their measurements are.

    I was planning on going to a demo-day this week but I am going out of town unfortunately. I could ask the pro to fit me, but I have contemplated whether to commit to buying another set.

  5. #105
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,284
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Has anyone bought pre-owned over the internet?

    Callaway and Taylor-made have great sites and I was thinking about grabbing a set off there. You can even have them re-grip, adjust the lie and length etc., for additional costs.

    I need to get fitted for measurements but don't feel it's worth the investment for a brand new set.
    3balls.com or GlobalGolf.com, I've found great deals at both.

  6. #106
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    3balls.com
    Is that a Vermont based company?

  7. #107
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    3balls.com or GlobalGolf.com, I've found great deals at both.
    Good info, thanks!

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Is that a Vermont based company?
    Oh snap!

  9. #109
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Yes, I also work on a course. They have a huge bucket of left over clubs and I have been swinging them all. The only problem is, I don't know what their measurements are.

    I was planning on going to a demo-day this week but I am going out of town unfortunately. I could ask the pro to fit me, but I have contemplated whether to commit to buying another set.
    You back in town the week before Labor Day? I'll be down - lets hit the links.

  10. #110
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You back in town the week before Labor Day? I'll be down - lets hit the links.
    Yes, back the 25th. Let me know what day.

  11. #111
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    3balls.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Is that a Vermont based company?





    -

  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Won the Long Drive today at a Company outing, measured at 277 yards. Straight down the middle. Love my driver. Only Bud and Coors on the course. Felt like I was at a faux-biergarten.



    And there were really scary wolves on the course.


    _

  13. #113
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Won the Long Drive today at a Company outing, measured at 277 yards. Straight down the middle. Love my driver. Only Bud and Coors on the course. Felt like I was at a faux-biergarten.



    And there were really scary wolves on the course.


    _
    wolves huh...playing with the LPGA are you?

  14. #114
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,265
    Played Top of the World near Lake George with my sopne on Wednesday.



    Then I played Thousand Acres near Lake Luzerne today.



    I'm wearing the same shirt in both shots, because I'm a grown man who can't remember to pack more than one collared shirt for a weeklong vacation. And concert t-shirts from the 80's are apparently verboten on the more discerning upstate golf courses. FFFUUUUUU......

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Won the Long Drive today at a Company outing, measured at 277 yards. Straight down the middle. Love my driver. Only Bud and Coors on the course. Felt like I was at a faux-biergarten.


    And there were really scary wolves on the course.

    _
    Stokesy....I am a little pissed. I have had my Rocketballz 3 weeks now and so far me no likey.

    I am playing in my club championship this weekend and will break out my burner.

    I am slicing (just slightly) the RBZ..... Ill work it out but not in love with it.

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Played Top of the World near Lake George with my sopne on Wednesday.



    Then I played Thousand Acres near Lake Luzerne today.



    I'm wearing the same shirt in both shots, because I'm a grown man who can't remember to pack more than one collared shirt for a weeklong vacation. And concert t-shirts from the 80's are apparently verboten on the more discerning upstate golf courses. FFFUUUUUU......
    Deep down we are all white trash from NY...wear jeans and a tee shirt. No one will notice.

  17. #117
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Stokesy....I am a little pissed. I have had my Rocketballz 3 weeks now and so far me no likey.

    I am playing in my club championship this weekend and will break out my burner.

    I am slicing (just slightly) the RBZ..... Ill work it out but not in love with it.
    Sorry to hear, I can't slice it even if I try.

    _

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Sorry to hear, I can't slice it even if I try.

    _

  19. #119
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post


    _

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post


    _
    To say you couldn't slice it if you tried is a bit of hyperbole. Swing as hard as you can and I guarantee you'll slice it. That said, I'm jealous of you for not being able to slice it if you tried.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us