Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The Golf Thread

I've found myself hijacking several other threads to talk about golf - figured it should have it's own thread.

I don't get out on the course near enough, but am trying to swing a mega day next week of 36 holes at (hopefully black/red) followed by steak at Ben and jacks. Would be one helluva birthday. Would also be the first day off I've ever taken just do something fun for myself. I'm giddy just thinking about it.

All League
    I have the itch. Can't shake it; going out tomorrow! I have been playing better since Memorial Day. That was a fluke!

Have fun next week.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I've found myself hijacking several other threads to talk about golf - figured it should have it's own thread.

I don't get out on the course near enough, but am trying to swing a mega day next week of 36 holes at (hopefully black/red) followed by steak at Ben and jacks. Would be one helluva birthday. Would also be the first day off I've ever taken just do something fun for myself. I'm giddy just thinking about it.
    I committed this year to get MUCH better. I have but have hit a wall. I have never broken 80 but shot several 81s. I am playing basically 2 times a week.

I have played both black and red..pre US Open, hope you enjoy it.

BTW...I have gotten so fanatical, I am testing balls so I play the RIGHT ball. I have narowedmitmto the Calloway B330 and the Titleist NXT tourS. how crazy is that?

What a frustrating game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

36 holes in one day? Most I ever did was 27 and was beat. More mentally than physically. Have a great time and enjoy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I committed this year to get MUCH better. I have but have hit a wall. I have never broken 80 but shot several 81s. I am playing basically 2 times a week.

I have played both black and red..pre US Open, hope you enjoy it.

BTW...I have gotten so fanatical, I am testing balls so I play the RIGHT ball. I have narowedmitmto the Calloway B330 and the Titleist NXT tourS. how crazy is that?

What a frustrating game.
    I still love the Calloway Red ball-I know it's dated but it's a mental thing with me. I hit the hell out of that ball.

Have never played Black, would love to. Didn't golf when I lived on Long Island.

_

Veteran
    Played a tourney yesterday. Say what you want about Florida but I'll be playing in Feb. I prefer Titleist Pro V1x.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Played a tourney yesterday. Say what you want about Florida but I'll be playing in Feb. I prefer Titleist Pro V1x.
    Try the NXT tourS...bet you won't notice a difference and they are $15 less.

Try the NXT tourS...bet you won't notice a difference and they are $15 less.
    I think that you can defiantly tell the difference between that and a ProV1. What driver are people hitting? I have a 5 year old Cobra that I think I need to replace. Have mizuno irons that i LOVE but im not sure about there woods.

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I think that you can defiantly tell the difference between that and a ProV1. What driver are people hitting? I have a 5 year old Cobra that I think I need to replace. Have mizuno irons that i LOVE but im not sure about there woods.
    If you are a 13hcp or higher..makes no difference IMO. there are a TON of guys at my club, mainly older retired guys who break 80 all the time. They play DT solo, NXT or several other mid range balls. I also like the Bridgestone E6.

I play a Burner driver, burner 2.o irons, ping putter.

The idea of playing 36 holes sounds great and all...

But I just couldn't do it.

All League
    If you are a 13hcp or higher..makes no difference IMO. there are a TON of guys at my club, mainly older retired guys who break 80 all the time. They play DT solo, NXT or several other mid range balls. I also like the Bridgestone E6.

Which burner driver. New or old? I have the 2007 burner and I feel I need an upgrade. I love my irons, I don't think I'll ever change those. Cleveland cg4 tour irons. My putter is one I took from my dad.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Golf and tennis, should have listened to mom and focussed more on golf, and tennis. My knees wouldn't be shot and I would still be able to play golf, and tennis.

On that note I do agree. I hit a hole in one with a noodle so im partial to that ball especially in the winter but I use ProV1 when im trying to score and make the ball dance.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I can't hit the ProV1.

It's mental.

I've been hitting the Taylor Made RocketBallz Driver.

Awesome.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I can't hit the ProV1.

It's mental.

I've been hitting the Taylor Made RocketBallz Driver.

Awesome.

_
    seems everyone has gone to the rocketbalz.... They all rave about it.

Hall Of Fame
    seems everyone has gone to the rocketbalz.... They all rave about it.
    Dare I say, they are magical.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Dare I say, they are magical.

_
    I'm buying one this week. Thats the push I needed.

Jets Insider VIP
    I play the following...

Driver: Srixon Z-TX 9.5* stiff
    3 wood: Srixon Z-TX 19* stiff
    3 hybrid: Mizuno JPX 800 23* stiff
    Irons: 5-PW Srixon Z-Star stiff
    Wedges: 48* Cleveland CG12, 52* Cleveland CG15, 56* Mizuno MP-T 10, 60* Mizuno MP-T 10
    Depending how I'm hitting it, sometimes I'll ditch the 60* for my 64* Bobby Jones X
    Putter: 2011 Scotty Cameron California Del Mar, 34''

Practice Squad
    Been playing for a year now. Finally broke 90. Was playing basketball and football until sophomore year but got a bad injury and couldnt really make the same cuts . My father told me to play golf with him and instantly love it. Don't have to worry about pleasing teammates is very nice and can go out and enjoy a nice evening even if I don't play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I play the following...

Driver: Srixon Z-TX 9.5* stiff
    3 wood: Srixon Z-TX 19* stiff
    3 hybrid: Mizuno JPX 800 23* stiff
    Irons: 5-PW Srixon Z-Star stiff
    Wedges: 48* Cleveland CG12, 52* Cleveland CG15, 56* Mizuno MP-T 10, 60* Mizuno MP-T 10
    Depending how I'm hitting it, sometimes I'll ditch the 60* for my 64* Bobby Jones X
    Putter: 2011 Scotty Cameron California Del Mar, 34''
    I'm debating Scotty Cameron vs Nike method vs bettinardi for my new putter. Any insight?