Thread: Laveraneous coles interning with jets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Laveraneous coles interning with jets

I like it, he was a good tough receiver and hopefully can pass on some wisdom

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    what type of position?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    what type of position?
    contract negotiator/capologist

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know aaron glenn is working for the jets. Now coles is as well?

I like this. Creates a kind of family atmosphere. I hope more ex players who contributed over the years come back in some capacity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always thought Laveranues was a stand up guy... Good move by the JETS FO... on another note I wonder if there is anybody else out there with the name Laveranues... I can only imagine what it was like when he learned to write his name is cursive as a kid... Geesh!

*looks at old #87 reebok jersey*

Wish they would have kept Jerricho... that was my boy right there... similar to a Coles type player...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh... he's just doing it for the 'Staff' Super Bowl ring in february.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coles was a fine WR and tough as hell. It's good bringing these luminaries back to fire up the current players esp rooks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff.
    I was watching the Hard Knocks rerun for the fillionth time and during Lav's 'you're cut' meeting I wondered how he would be as a coach someday. That was only 3 days ago.

I hope he knows he needs to be VOCAL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Good stuff.
    I was watching the Hard Knocks rerun for the fillionth time and during Lav's 'you're cut' meeting I wondered how he would be as a coach someday. That was only 3 days ago.

I hope he knows he needs to be VOCAL.
    I always loved Coles' catch and spin move. He mastered that move and I think he was better at it than anyone in the nfl during his time. He always churned a few extra yards with that play
    Last edited by bcess; 07-29-2012 at 10:29 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    good to see him back with the organization

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a man, it broke my heart hearing what happened to Coles as a child. He earned respect from millions with the ways he stood up and spoke about what happened to him. As a parent myself, just goes to show that you never trust your child with anyone other than true loved one's. But yeah, glad to see Coles back with the Jets (in some type of way). One of the toughest wide receivers I've ever seen. Being tough as nails would be an understatement when explaining the career of Coles. He may have loved money as much as the next wide receiver, but he was always a great teammate. Never quit on his offensive coordinator, put him body on the line each and every Sunday, and supported his starting Quarterback (Pennington) through thick and thin. He loved Pennington as a person, and treated Penny with the up most respect as his (our) quarterback. So glad to see Coles around our Jets organization. As an FSU fan, I'll admit that Coles shocked while outlasting/out performing Peter Warrick with a much stronger/more productive NFL career. Coles was the definition of an underdawg, and as a Jets fan; I simply loved his blazing speed coming out of college, loved the draft pick, but never would have imagined his hands being as strong as they were and/or his style of play reminding people of an old-school NFL warrior. Welcome home Coles.

Would also love to see #92, Shaun 'The Big Katt' Ellis come back home to our Jets organization. As a former first rounder who gave us 11 great years, playoff appearances, damn near 100 sacks (72.5), over 550 tackles etc, etc... It'll be something else to see Ellis working with the likes of Coples, K.Ellis and Wilkerson. He may have played his final season with the Patriots, but who really cares? He's a Jet through thick and thin. Never once sported #92 with a Patriots uniform. Wishful thinking, or can anyone else picture Shaun Ellis returning back to N.Y with a defensive line coaching position?