Thread: WTF is wrong with guy

Jets Insider VIP

WTF is wrong with guy

I always hated this guy and thought he was a hack, but to make Jokes about Aurora makes him a POS in my book

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/da...ater-shooting/

Comedian and actor Dane Cook integrated the Aurora, Colo., shooting incident into his standup routine at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles Thursday.
    “So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie,” Cook said, “And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap. Yea, spoiler alert.”
    “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh ****ing shoot me,’” Cook said.
    His comments regarding the shooting were met with groans that morphed into loud laughter and cheers.

Hall Of Fame
    Never understood why this guy was popular. I don't think he is funny at all.

But the author of the article is hot. So at least something positive came from this.

I have always said if you can't laugh at it your taking it to seriously. A joke is a joke I don't care what it is about. Comedy by definition is not serious. If it is funny it is funny but yeah there are some lines you have to tread lightly. Mencia joked about 911 and that was done well. Where as I do agree the comments where not funny I have never thought Dane Cook was funny so I'm not really his best critic on this one.

dane cook sucks. he is not funny, that joke is not funny. he needs to go away

I never laughed at a Dane Cook routine. Just not my style.

That said, comics should push the societal envelope, even if it means pi$$ing off some folks. It's what all the greats have done, at least until they became accepted by the masses and went mainstream.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    dane cook sucks. he is not funny, that joke is not funny. he needs to go away
    reminds me Gilbert Godfrieds I'll timed Japan comment after the tidal wave.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    reminds me Gilbert Godfrieds I'll timed Japan comment after the tidal wave.
    Only Gilbert could throw away a steady paying gig as the Aflac duck. Work two hours a year sounding like yourself yelling whilst getting paid a fortune. Classic Gilbert.

All League
    Dane Cook is a dooosh. Didn't he steal Louis Ck's material???

Hey Brady's a catcher had some real funny jokes 5 minutes after it happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I never laughed at a Dane Cook routine. Just not my style.

That said, comics should push the societal envelope, even if it means pi$$ing off some folks. It's what all the greats have done, at least until they became accepted by the masses and went mainstream.
    but Dane Cook is neither great nor is he pushing anything...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Only Gilbert could throw away a steady paying gig as the Aflac duck. Work two hours a year sounding like yourself yelling whilst getting paid a fortune. Classic Gilbert.
    Back in the heyday of Howard (when Kinison, Dice, Hahn, Belzer, Gilbert etc were always on and Jackie was there) I would actually have to pull over to the side of the road from Gilbert making me laugh so hard.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Hey Brady's a catcher had some real funny jokes 5 minutes after it happened.
    snitches get stitches yo

All League
    If you see the movie "The Aristocrats," Gilbert was doing some 9/11 jokes at a Friar's Club roast and he had the audience groaning "too soon" at him, which made him launch into one of the longest, filthiest versions of that joke ever told.

Like him or not, (I'm luke warm on him at best) Dane Cook was doing what comics should do...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    snitches get stitches yo
    Word up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Back in the heyday of Howard (when Kinison, Dice, Hahn, Belzer, Gilbert etc were always on and Jackie was there) I would actually have to pull over to the side of the road from Gilbert making me laugh so hard.
    Many years ago, I saw Gilbert at a small club. To give you a reference in time, Chris Rock was his opening act.

Anyway, I won four tickets I brought my bother and our wives along. I wasn't expecting much. But holy sh*t was Gilbert hysterical. Much dirtier than I thought he would be. Plus we were right in the front and he was busting our balls.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Same here. I go back to Howard's first shift on WNBC, and only left the fold when he went to Sirius.

The Gilbert appearances are legendary and some of the most insane. They rival the moments with Tiny, Sam, and the Pat Cooper Family debacle. Just hearing Gilbert do his trademark "yesh" over and over would have me (and Howard) in stitches.

For me, the most inappropriate, albeit hilarious, moments were when Fred would play the Jackie laugh over a horrific event like a plane crash, etc. You didn't want to laugh, but had to.

All League
    Never laughed more than when Howard was doing the story about the Million Man March in DC, trying to figure out how the Parks Department comes up with attendance numbers for something like that. After much debate about aerial photos, estimates based on area occupied, etc. - Gilbert announces that he knows how they did it:

"They just waited for everybody to leave and then they counted all of the empty malt liquor bottles..."

Hall Of Fame
    I don't find Dane Cook's stand up funny at all--too much build up and storyline for a quick snicker at best.

Having said that, he was very good in Mr. Brooks.

_