Thread: Has anyone heard anything about Shonn Greene?

Jets Insider VIP

Has anyone heard anything about Shonn Greene?

I find it odd that we've heard basically nothing about our starting RB in camp.

There have been multiple reports/tweets regarding McKnight, Powell, and Ganaway but I haven't heard Greene mentioned at all really.

All I've heard was from Rex's PC today where he said the offense ran 22 straight running plays to start off team drills and Greene was ripping some nice 4, 5, 6 yard gains.

That's all I've heard.

On an unrelated note Josh Baker broke his nose today and Ganaway was taking his reps at FB.

have not seen anything

think you know what you are going to get with greene though. good to see the others stepping up especially powell and McKnight

Veteran RBs need less work then almost anyone else....I hope greene has less then 20 total preseason carries.

Id like to see powell, mcknight and gangway get every possible rep at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

There have been multiple reports/tweets regarding McKnight, Powell, and Ganaway but I haven't heard Greene mentioned at all really.
    I think we pretty much know what we have in Greene. The only thing I want to hear about Greene is that he finishes each day healthy. Hopefully one of these other backs can emerge as an ACTUAL compliment and give the Jets another legitimate RB who is capable of 15 touches a game. Would LOVE it if Powell turns out to be useful. A pass catching, between the tackle RB would be a nice piece to fit into that backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think we pretty much know what we have in Greene. The only thing I want to hear about Greene is that he finishes each day healthy. Hopefully one of these other backs can emerge as an ACTUAL compliment and give the Jets another legitimate RB who is capable of 15 touches a game. Would LOVE it if Powell turns out to be useful. A pass catching, between the tackle RB would be a nice piece to fit into that backfield.
    I am hoping that McKnight becomes our 'feature' back and Greene becomes a 4th quarter mop up bruiser. I do hope he succeeds, but I can see many RBs contributing this year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I heard he still sucks.

not much talk about him because you basically know what you're getting with the guy. He'll run straight and hard.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    not much talk about him because you basically know what you're getting with the guy. He'll run straight and hard.
    And fall down before getting very far.

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    have not seen anything

think you know what you are going to get with greene though. good to see the others stepping up especially powell and McKnight
    +1

They know what Greene can do. So the Jets may want to go real easy with him. Cause if Shonn gets hurt in TC or preseason...you can change the run game slogan to drown 'n frown

Jets need to know if McKnight is the guy to get those 150-175 carries to fill LT's role. And if Bilal can fill in for an injured Greene. Also what can Ganaway do.

These may be more important issues which need quick answers. If these other players disappoint...Jets may want to make a trade for extra RB depth.