Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our rookie draft class.

Banned

Our rookie draft class.

It's official: It's officially Football Time (finally), and it appears/seems as if we've drafted a group of talented football players. It's been a while since I've been this anxious for a rookie draft class. Seems as if lots of other Jet posters share this same feeling. Just seems to be a strong buzz regarding rookie talk. This is a good video below, I enjoyed it a lot (3 1/2 minutes of non-stop college/football action).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwoG...eature=related
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-29-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Nice video! Thanks for posting.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like our balance in this draft. Big expectations for our top defensive pick (Coples) and our top offensive pick (Hill). Davis could quietly emerge as an eventual starter and a leader of the D. Very hopeful for this class.

Same here. Very optimistic about this draft class.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I think Coples, Hill & Davis will produce, as do most here I'm sure.

I am more curious to see how Antonio Allen, Josh Bush, Terrance Ganaway & Jordan White panout......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I think Coples, Hill & Davis will produce, as do most here I'm sure.

I am more curious to see how Antonio Allen, Josh Bush, Terrance Ganaway & Jordan White panout......
    Exactly. I'll be happy if, out of those last 4, we end up with one defender and one offensive player sticking with the team long term. Either Allen or Bush, either Ganaway or White. I expect the first 3 to contribute immediately to a degree.

If Tanny hits on this draft it will about time. The truth is, he hadn't hit on a draft since about 2007. This is exactly what the team so badly needed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If Tanny hits on this draft it will about time. The truth is, he hadn't hit on a draft since about 2007. This is exactly what the team so badly needed.
    Tanny has built this team through the draft you little fisherman and/or hunter you. We've made the playoffs 3 of his first 6 years as G.M (2006, 2009 and 2010), two AFC Championship Game appearances and have only had 1 losing season (2007) since Mike Tannenbaum has taken over. Had us in great position to land another postseason trip last season, but our team fell apart during the final 3 games (8-5 heading into week 15). This man has built our entire team through the draft. Stop trying to act as if Ferguson, Mangold, Revis and Harris have been his only productive draft selections. They just happened to be great one's; which he deserves credit for.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-30-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Tanny has built this team through the draft you little fisherman and/or hunter you. We've made the playoffs 3 of his first 6 years as G.M (2006, 2009 and 2010), two AFC Championship Game appearances and have only had 1 losing season (2007) since Mike Tannenbaum has taken over. Had us in great position to land another postseason trip last season, but our team fell apart during the final 3 games (8-5 heading into week 15). This man has built our entire team through the draft. Stop trying to act as if Ferguson, Mangold, Revis and Harris have been his only productive draft selections. They just happened to be great one's; which he deserves credit for.
    Revis, Harris, and Mangold were great draft picks. Ferguson sucked last season and really for the first three seasons in the league he was nothing better than average. So stop trying to act as though he's Tony Boselli, far from it.

And what really good draft picks might we be referring to since 2007? Vernon Gholston? Vlad Ducasse? Mark Sanchez?

I'll admit Dustin Keller has turned out to be a nice player when Sanchez decides to use him, but the rest won't be going to any pro bowls. EVER.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'll admit Dustin Keller has turned out to be a nice player when Sanchez decides to use him, but the rest won't be going to any pro bowls. EVER.
    Joe McKnight has already been to a pro-bowl.

Funny you mention pro bowl, while also bashing a 3x pro bowler in D'Brickashaw Ferguson at the same time.

The jets were built entirely to thru the draft? Landry, Cro, Holmes, Pace, Scott, Bell, All say hi. Cro and holmes were not Draft picks, they were free agents in training That is 1/2 your starting D.

Banned
    Sanchez: A developing Franchise QB.

Greene: Feature back. Rushed for over 1,000 yards during his first season starting (3rd year player).

Conner: Starting Fullback. Coaching staff seems to love this kid.

Slauson: Starting LG.

Wilkerson: Excellent draft selection. Has the potential to become our 2nd best defensive player outside of Darrelle Revis. Perfect 3-4 Defensive End.

Wilson: Nickel Back. Started to come into his own as a 2nd year player last season. Featuring the strongest trio of CB's around in Revis, Cromartie and Wilson.

Kenrick Ellis: Kid is unproven, but has all the makings of a potential/future beast of a 3-4 NT.

Replaced Vernon Gholston with a former 11th overall pick of the 2009 NFL draft in Aaron Maybin; who has all the makings of an outstanding outside pass rusher. He never drafted Maybin, but he replaced his bust (Gholston) with someone who seems to be a legit pass rusher (which is why we drafted Gholston to begin with).

Mangold, Harris, Ferguson and Revis just so happen to be amazing draft picks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets were built entirely to thru the draft? Landry, Cro, Holmes, Pace, Scott, Bell, All say hi. Cro and holmes were not Draft picks, they were free agents in training That is 1/2 your starting D.
    Holmes was a trade......
    Cro was a trade.....

Sanchez: A developing Franchise QB.

Greene: Feature back. Rushed for over 1,000 yards during his first season starting (3rd year player).

Conner: Starting Fullback. Coaching staff seems to love this kid.

Slauson: Starting LG.

Wilkerson: Excellent draft selection. Has the potential to become our 2nd best defensive player outside of Darrelle Revis. Perfect 3-4 Defensive End.

Wilson: Nickel Back. Started to come into his own as a 2nd year player last season. Featuring the strongest trio of CB's around in Revis, Cromartie and Wilson.

Kenrick Ellis: Kid is unproven, but has all the makings of a potential/future beast of a 3-4 NT.

Replaced Vernon Gholston with a former 11th overall pick of the 2009 NFL draft in Aaron Maybin; who has all the makings of an outstanding outside pass rusher. He never drafted Maybin, but he replaced his bust (Gholston) with someone who seems to be a legit pass rusher (which is why we drafted Gholston to begin with).

Mangold, Harris, Ferguson and Revis just so happen to be amazing draft picks.
    Aaron Maybin is NOT a draft pick of the NYJ, you meathead. We are talking about players the Jets have DRAFTED, not picked up off the scrap heap.

And all those other players? They've all done some things but they are not where they should be right now.

Banned
    Holmes and Cromartie as "free agents"? That's news to me, because the last time I checked? They were traded for. A little clueless in regards to our roster, much?

QB: Sanchez.
    QB: McElroy
    RB: Greene.
    RB: McKnight.
    RB: Ganaway
    FB: Conner.
    WR: Hill.
    Slot: Kerley.
    TE: Keller.
    TE: Cumberland (Debuted with NYJ).
    LT: Ferguson.
    LG: Slauson.
    LG: Ducasse.
    C: Mangold.
    RG: Moore (Debuted with NYJ).
    DE: Wilkerson.
    DE: DeVito (Debuted with NYJ).
    NT: Pouha.
    NT: Ellis.
    DT: Tevaseu.
    DT: Dixon.
    DE: Coples.
    OLB: Thomas.
    IMLB: Harris.
    IMLB: Davis.
    LB/ST: Bellore
    CB: Revis.
    CB: Wilson.
    S: Smith.
    S: Allen.
    P: T.J. Conley (Debuted with NYJ).

Outside of Smith and Ganaway, each and every one of these players have been drafted by the Jets and all guaranteed to make the final 53 man roster. The Jets have been built through the draft, and if anyone feels the need to say otherwise, it's obvious that their either argumentative or extremely clueless.

Yes, of course we've added solid talents such as Tebow, Holmes, Chaz, Cromartie, Lankster, Scott, Pace, Maybin, Landry, Bell etc, etc which just goes to show how good of a GM Tanny really is, but at the end of the night? We've been built through the draft.

Banned
    Tanny has built this team through the draft you little fisherman and/or hunter you. We've made the playoffs 3 of his first 6 years as G.M (2006, 2009 and 2010), two AFC Championship Game appearances and have only had 1 losing season (2007) since Mike Tannenbaum has taken over.
    Tanny's resume as a GM:

0 AFCE titles
    0 AFC Chamionships
    0 Super Bowl titles

it's a little ludicrous to separate what Tanny has done through the draft from what he's done through trades, FA signings, UDFAs, etc.

Everyone knows the draft is a crapshoot. The guy has either put a good product on the field or he hasn't. He either has us in cap hell or he doesn't. We either have a bright future to look forward to or we don't.

Some of us (myself included) answer those questions in the affirmative. Others don't, and that's fine -- just don't tell me it's because of a boar hunter and a ghost . . .

Holmes and Cromartie as "free agents"? That's news to me, because the last time I checked? They were traded for. A little clueless in regards to our roster, much?

QB: Sanchez.
    QB: McElroy
    RB: Greene.
    RB: McKnight.
    RB: Ganaway
    FB: Conner.
    WR: Hill.
    Slot: Kerley.
    TE: Keller.
    TE: Cumberland (Debuted with NYJ).
    LT: Ferguson.
    LG: Slauson.
    LG: Ducasse.
    C: Mangold.
    RG: Moore (Debuted with NYJ).
    DE: Wilkerson.
    DE: DeVito (Debuted with NYJ).
    NT: Pouha.
    NT: Ellis.
    DT: Tevaseu.
    DT: Dixon.
    DE: Coples.
    OLB: Thomas.
    IMLB: Harris.
    IMLB: Davis.
    LB/ST: Bellore
    CB: Revis.
    CB: Wilson.
    S: Smith.
    S: Allen.
    P: T.J. Conley (Debuted with NYJ).

Outside of Smith and Ganaway, each and every one of these players have been drafted by the Jets and all guaranteed to make the final 53 man roster. The Jets have been built through the draft, and if anyone feels the need to say otherwise, it's obvious that their either argumentative or extremely clueless.

Yes, of course we've added solid talents such as Tebow, Holmes, Chaz, Cromartie, Lankster, Scott, Pace, Maybin, Landry, Bell etc, etc which just goes to show how good of a GM Tanny really is, but at the end of the night? We've been built through the draft.
    They were traded for because they had one year left on their contracts and the original team got something while they could. they were not draft picks.
    That is like saying Welker and Moss were draft picks.

I am not saying that Tanny is not a good GM (however I do not think he is as good as many jet fans think) I just took exception to your statement that he built the team entirely thru the draft.

Banned
    They were traded for because they had one year left on their contracts and the original team got something while they could. they were not draft picks.
    That is like saying Welker and Moss were draft picks.

I am not saying that Tanny is not a good GM (however I do not think he is as good as many jet fans think) I just took exception to your statement that he built the team entirely thru the draft.
    Don't put words into my mouth you little troll you. I never stated or mentioned the word "entirely". I simply stated we've built our team through the draft, which we have. Our greatest players in Revis, Mangold, Harris and Ferguson were all drafted. The QB position, LT position and NT position (3 of the hardest positions to fill) have all been drafted. Only a clueless tool would argue that the Jets haven't been BUILT through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Tanny's resume as a GM:

0 AFCE titles
    0 AFC Chamionships
    0 Super Bowl titles
    Seriously? That was #50,000.