Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our rookie draft class.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Seriously? That was #50,000.
    And it was in reply to my post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Tanny's resume as a GM:

0 AFCE titles
    0 AFC Chamionships
    0 Super Bowl titles
    Hmmm, maybe his resume would be better if he wound up with the luckiest last round draft pick in the history of sports.

Bill Belichick career resume before Tom Brady 41-55 and a firing.

Sometimes the resume doesnt tell the whole story.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I think Coples, Hill & Davis will produce, as do most here I'm sure.

I am more curious to see how Antonio Allen, Josh Bush, Terrance Ganaway & Jordan White panout......
    +10000. One of biggest holes last year was safety--if Bush and Allen can contribute, that will be huge.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Sanchez: A developing Franchise QB.

Greene: Feature back. Rushed for over 1,000 yards during his first season starting (3rd year player).

Conner: Starting Fullback. Coaching staff seems to love this kid.

Slauson: Starting LG.

Wilkerson: Excellent draft selection. Has the potential to become our 2nd best defensive player outside of Darrelle Revis. Perfect 3-4 Defensive End.

Wilson: Nickel Back. Started to come into his own as a 2nd year player last season. Featuring the strongest trio of CB's around in Revis, Cromartie and Wilson.

Kenrick Ellis: Kid is unproven, but has all the makings of a potential/future beast of a 3-4 NT.

Replaced Vernon Gholston with a former 11th overall pick of the 2009 NFL draft in Aaron Maybin; who has all the makings of an outstanding outside pass rusher. He never drafted Maybin, but he replaced his bust (Gholston) with someone who seems to be a legit pass rusher (which is why we drafted Gholston to begin with).

Mangold, Harris, Ferguson and Revis just so happen to be amazing draft picks.

Wilkerson looks like a player. And I'll even give you Wilson as a decent nickle. But the rest are JAG's.

I do think the 2012 draft class could be special.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny's resume as a GM:

0 AFCE titles
    0 AFC Chamionships
    0 Super Bowl titles
    Matches Bill Bellyaches early career in Cleveland.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny's resume as a GM:

0 AFCE titles
    0 AFC Chamionships
    0 Super Bowl titles

That's the very same resume Bill Belicheat has sans cheating.

50,000 posts What a loser

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny has built this team through the draft you little fisherman and/or hunter you. We've made the playoffs 3 of his first 6 years as G.M (2006, 2009 and 2010), two AFC Championship Game appearances and have only had 1 losing season (2007) since Mike Tannenbaum has taken over. Had us in great position to land another postseason trip last season, but our team fell apart during the final 3 games (8-5 heading into week 15). This man has built our entire team through the draft. Stop trying to act as if Ferguson, Mangold, Revis and Harris have been his only productive draft selections. They just happened to be great one's; which he deserves credit for.
    Don't put words into my mouth you little troll you. I never stated or mentioned the word "entirely". I simply stated we've built our team through the draft, which we have. Our greatest players in Revis, Mangold, Harris and Ferguson were all drafted. The QB position, LT position and NT position (3 of the hardest positions to fill) have all been drafted. Only a clueless tool would argue that the Jets haven't been BUILT through the draft.
    LOL. This is why it's often a chore to "talk football" with you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    it's a little ludicrous to separate what Tanny has done through the draft from what he's done through trades, FA signings, UDFAs, etc.

Everyone knows the draft is a crapshoot. The guy has either put a good product on the field or he hasn't. He either has us in cap hell or he doesn't. We either have a bright future to look forward to or we don't.

Some of us (myself included) answer those questions in the affirmative. Others don't, and that's fine -- just don't tell me it's because of a boar hunter and a ghost . . .
    Draft shouldn't be a crap shoot when you are picking in the first ten. Didn't we trade up to get Sanchez?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez: A developing Franchise QB.

Greene: Feature back. Rushed for over 1,000 yards during his first season starting (3rd year player).

Conner: Starting Fullback. Coaching staff seems to love this kid.

Slauson: Starting LG.

Wilkerson: Excellent draft selection. Has the potential to become our 2nd best defensive player outside of Darrelle Revis. Perfect 3-4 Defensive End.

Wilson: Nickel Back. Started to come into his own as a 2nd year player last season. Featuring the strongest trio of CB's around in Revis, Cromartie and Wilson.

Kenrick Ellis: Kid is unproven, but has all the makings of a potential/future beast of a 3-4 NT.

Replaced Vernon Gholston with a former 11th overall pick of the 2009 NFL draft in Aaron Maybin; who has all the makings of an outstanding outside pass rusher. He never drafted Maybin, but he replaced his bust (Gholston) with someone who seems to be a legit pass rusher (which is why we drafted Gholston to begin with).

Mangold, Harris, Ferguson and Revis just so happen to be amazing draft picks.
    LOL

You may have just equaled sg3 in the shameless homer department with this post.

Sanchez is basically on his last leg in this town. We're 3 or 4 bad Sanchez games away from having a f*cking gadget player lead this offense.

Greene is an average at best starter.

The team seems to love Conner? That's news to me. Just two months ago Tanny made it sound like he was on the bubble and in no way a guarantee to make the final roster.

Wilson could very well be unseated by Ellis Lankster this year as the nickel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't put words into my mouth you little troll you. I never stated or mentioned the word "entirely". I simply stated we've built our team through the draft, which we have. Our greatest players in Revis, Mangold, Harris and Ferguson were all drafted. The QB position, LT position and NT position (3 of the hardest positions to fill) have all been drafted. Only a clueless tool would argue that the Jets haven't been BUILT through the draft.

What teams in the NFL have cores that were not built thru the draft?

Not the pats, steelers, 49ers, packers, What team's core was built thru FA?
    Seattle maybe?, What are you bragging about thenthat the jets are not one of the 5 teams in the NFL that did not use the draft in obtaining thei best talent?

What is this little troll crap? Have I ever disparaged you in a post?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bellichicken hasn't done all that great since tanny became jets gm either. if you're not first, you're last.

Tanny's resume as a GM:

0 AFCE titles
    0 AFC Chamionships
    0 Super Bowl titles

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What teams in the NFL have cores that were not built thru the draft?

Not the pats, steelers, 49ers, packers, What team's core was built thru FA?
    Seattle maybe?, What are you bragging about thenthat the jets are not one of the 5 teams in the NFL that did not use the draft in obtaining thei best talent?

What is this little troll crap? Have I ever disparaged you in a post?
    Patman, don't deal with him, just scroll up a few posts and see where he contradicted himself.