Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 4 Camp Updates

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Nice to see Darrelle Revis in uniform (what happened to those Revis critics claiming "another holdout"?

Also nice to see LaRon Landry practicing with pads on. If Landry can not only return to form, but also stay healthy? He'll change the entire complexion of our defense moving forward; he's that good.
    I will try to break it down into small enough pieces for you to absorb.

Nobody, not even the harshest Revis critics thinks that he is holding out this time around. The timing is wrong and the "as reported" details of the contract make a holdout next to impossible.

However, camp Revis does enjoy keeping this whole story percolating in the media thereby putting indirect pressure on the Jets FO. That is why us fans have been treated to 2-3 months worth of "speculation" about his status. Camp Revis is feeding/fueling/inventing this speculation. Revis could have ended the speculation at any time yet he consistently chose not to do so. Ergo, the media stories were the whole point all along.

Are you keeping up here?

...So when the day after camp opens and he tells the coaching staff that his hammy feels tight, and when they have no choice but to shut him down on a day to day basis... Well then that same story gets to continue to play for 3-5 additional days... All of which suits camp Revis just fine. We do not believe what he says on this subject because...

(a) It aligns with his current (non) negotiating/negotiating strategy

(b) He has lied about this exact thing before. He is a very smart, very well represented fu**in liar.

I don't know if his hammy is currently tweaked or not but I am sure he would have made up the exact same story even if it was not true. So does it really matter if it is true or not?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    If Landry can not only return to form, but also stay healthy? He'll change the entire complexion of our defense moving forward; he's that good.

... there are a bunch of if's on our team this year ... from can sanchez improve his performance a reasonable amount, to can otah replace the sack-o-$h*t at RT ... to will sparano at OC improve the O's performance ... to will the draft picks perform as hoped ... to can landry stay on the field ... etc ...

... keeping fingers crossed ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    ESPN with extensive live TC coverage of the Jets today. Jaws also there, focusing on the QB's I'd guess.
    Not hearing this on the radio. Is it TV coverage? Any way to watch via the internet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post

seems like sal is the only one that understands the situation...
    LOL.

They are also mistaken about the captains. They suggested that Rex should let the team pick captains. If they did their homework, they would know that there will be no captains this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Not hearing this on the radio. Is it TV coverage? Any way to watch via the internet?
    Its on sports center.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I will try to break it down into small enough pieces for you to absorb.

Nobody, not even the harshest Revis critics thinks that he is holding out this time around. The timing is wrong and the "as reported" details of the contract make a holdout next to impossible.

However, camp Revis does enjoy keeping this whole story percolating in the media thereby putting indirect pressure on the Jets FO. That is why us fans have been treated to 2-3 months worth of "speculation" about his status. Camp Revis is feeding/fueling/inventing this speculation. Revis could have ended the speculation at any time yet he consistently chose not to do so. Ergo, the media stories were the whole point all along.

Are you keeping up here?

...So when the day after camp opens and he tells the coaching staff that his hammy feels tight, and when they have no choice but to shut him down on a day to day basis... Well then that same story gets to continue to play for 3-5 additional days... All of which suits camp Revis just fine. We do not believe what he says on this subject because...

(a) It aligns with his current (non) negotiating/negotiating strategy

(b) He has lied about this exact thing before. He is a very smart, very well represented fu**in liar.

I don't know if his hammy is currently tweaked or not but I am sure he would have made up the exact same story even if it was not true. So does it really matter if it is true or not?
    Let me first say that I am in awe of Revis's skills and determination on the field. BUT, I have to say that his act regarding contracts and money is wearing thin. The other day I saw him on ESPN doing an interview when he showed up for training camp. Toward the end of the of the interview he starts making jokes along the lines of "I haven't been to many training camps" type of thing and laughing his ass off. I got douche chills. He should realize that this is the type of thing that really rubs fans the wrong way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Liking RB Bilal Powell in 1-on-1 blocking drills. Holding his own vs. LBs. RB coach Anthony Lynn told me Powell could be 3rd D RB.

- J. McKnight & rest of RBs taking a beating during blocking drills against D. D. Lynn & Greene get physical, throw punches.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

They are also mistaken about the captains. They suggested that Rex should let the team pick captains. If they did their homework, they would know that there will be no captains this year.
    espn will name tebow the starter within the next two weeks lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Jets are substituting Hard Knocks with unlimited access for ESPN and NFLN.
    The Jets? The Jets have nothing to do with this asinine media coverage.

ESPN is shameless for the spin they are trying to create.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its on sports center.
    Thanks!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ballhawk, great stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody check out NFL AM yet? Nicole Zaloumis

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Ray, in your never ending battle to contradict everything I say, you fail again.

The Jets gave ESPN the access this morning. Sal Pal said the Rex has given him complete access to the field today. As ESPN put it "unprecedented access".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is practicing in team drills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

They actually do. ESPN said earlier that they needed permission from the Jets and Rex to televise the practice the way they are this morning. This is just not ESPN showing up this morning deciding to televise the practice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Vlad is starting at LG. Muhammad Wilkerson got good pressure on Sanchez.

- Landry is also doing team, working in a nickel package right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, in your never ending battle to contradict everything I say, you fail again.

The Jets gave ESPN the access this morning. Sal Pal said the Rex has given him complete access to the field today. As ESPN put it "unprecedented access".

Why the **** did you take this personally? I'm not contradicting anything you sensitive twit.

To post that the Jets wanted any of this is asinine.

Rex has always had an open media policy, but it's the media that is taking off and running with it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Tebow just took off on a scramble and the crowd went nuts. Looked elusive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teams are in pads...but there is no live tackling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    K. ellis just blew up a run in the backfield