Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In America We Are Jailed And Beat – In China, Projects Canceled Due To Protests

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

In America We Are Jailed And Beat – In China, Projects Canceled Due To Protests

Here is a little reality check on the government propaganda used to brainwash the masses into submission.

While the repeated government propaganda theme is forces down the throats of every American that China is a ‘totalitarian communist state’ that does not respect base human rights of its citizens this story out of China puts all of that brainwashing into question.

Protestors – a little over 1000 protestors – have cause authorities to scrap plans for a waste project in China.

In America 1000 protestors would either be ignored or responded to with the iron fist of the police state who would beat and jail protestors into submission.

We have seen it over and over with the Occupy Wall Street, NATO, G8 and G20 protests and most recently the Anaheim protests which are happening now as I speak.

So answer this – Which nation respects the rights and wishes of its citizens and which abuses them in the name of totalitarian control and corporate greed?

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/201...otests-154821/ (video)

People power in eastern China has forced authorities to scrap plans for a controversial industrial waste pipeline. Hundreds of protesters marched through the port city of Qidong to voice their concerns about pollution. As Nicole Johnston reports, it is the latest in a series of challenges to the government’s position on the environment.
    http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/201...otests-154821/

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In America, those beaten and jailed generally deserve it.

In China, I do recall the image of the tank driving over the protester.
    Sometimes protestors in China just go away - "Oh, Sung Li? She never really existed - and no more questions".

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you high?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please forward your new address in Bejing!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We really should consider child limits here in the US. That's real humanitarianism.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how the million + Chinese rural farmers felt when their Government put in a power generating dam that displaced them from land they'd occupied for centuries.

The sad reality is that your post shows the real lack of understanding among some of our populace about the freedoms we enjoy in America. To hold up China, a country which limits how many children people have and actually treats their rural population as a sort of slave labor, as some sort of example to follow, is so grossly uninformed that it's actually scary. It does explain why so many people haven't seen Obama for who he is however. It seems many people are completely ignorant of political realities at home and abroad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2ฎ View Post
    Please forward your new address in Bejing!
    This

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Are you high?

but +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The sad reality is that your post shows the real lack of understanding among some of our populace about the freedoms we enjoy in America.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Police State Deniers in full effect. OWS protests are a reality here in America

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The Police State Deniers in full effect. OWS protests are a reality here in America

As previously stated - these people (untermensch) look like they deserve the treatment they are receiving. Let's not forget that the fsamous OWS crowd did a fine job of vandalism where ever they went. I applaud the police.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

How odd and entirely unexpected that your pictures provide none of the relevant context.

With the exception of the last picture - which shows a campus policeman doing something he was correctly pilloried and disciplined for - there is no reason to think the police are doing anything wrong. The woman screaming while resisting arrest, for instance, is not being beaten, etc.

But, again, you're welcome to emigrate to China if you'd prefer life there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once OWS embraces the 2nd amendment freedom will be restored.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Y0uWycuZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDBNO0A19w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Mr4...eature=related

Must be hitting a real nerve as the sheeple here are out in full effect today. Keep giving up your rights for 'freedom' and you will have neither

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be hitting a real nerve as the sheeple here are out in full effect today. Keep giving up your rights for 'freedom' and you will have neither

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi
    You're no Ghandi, but maybe about halfway there.

I'm still in the laugh at you phase, but that's pretty much where it will stop.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Y0uWycuZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDBNO0A19w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Mr4...eature=related

In a thread about China and human rights, you quote Ghandi. Now I know you are clueless.

How many web pages do you have open?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is some pretty disturbing video there, shooting rubber bullets and unleashing the dog on a group that has women and children in it.

Admittedly I don't know everything that led up to this,,,,,do not like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're no Ghandi, but maybe about halfway there.

I'm still in the laugh at you phase, but that's pretty much where it will stop.
    I don't have to be Ghandi to quote him. Just keep lauging

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    In a thread about China and human rights, you quote Ghandi. Now I know you are clueless.

How many web pages do you have open?
    Well we all know you do not know much

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well we all know you do not know much
    Well, then since I qualify for your program, I would say that the reason the Chinese govt takes care of its workers...is because they need to find more managers, as the ones that don't perform get shot.

How'd I do?