Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Carter on Mike and Mike this morning - Sanchez

Chris Carter on Mike and Mike this morning - Sanchez

Was talking about the Jets QB’s and basically said they don’t have anyone who can throw the ball. Neither QB is a good passer…

They spoke about Sanchez/Tebow going a combined 2 for 14 yesterday and basically Carter said, you almost never see guys who practice poorly perform great in games. Said that there are exceptions to this, but generally if you are uneven at practice, you are uneven come game time.

I agree with this.

Sanchez, despite all the talk about how his body has changed and also by Rex on how he looks great throwing, is still playing/practicing the way he always does. Uneven, throwing picks, not consecutively completing passes. No consistency.

I also was watching ESPN last night and they were talking about Bradford and pretty much said is he going to be the same guy as last year and be like Sanchez or is he going to be another Stafford. Just shows you the lack of respect Sanchez gets outside of Jets forums.

And finally, I heard Luck in his first practice went 27 of 32.
    In 3+ years, Sanchez never has had one practice where he played that well.

Does anyone else have concerns?

I have no concerns about Sanchez. I have concerns about Hunter at RT and Vlad at LG though.

ESPN is for fratboys who sleep in. That network is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

maybe the colts defense is just that bad

Chris Carter probably only saw 1 practice and that happens to be the one where the passing game struggled. Chris Carter also failed to mention that Sanchez is facing a great pass defense, best CB tandem in the league.

Jaws says he sees some improvements in Sanchez, sees hes improved his mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    LOL yeah, like Sanchez has ever gotten to practice against a defense as bad as the Colts.

And when has Sanchez ever thrown 32 passes in a 11-11 practice?

He went 6-10 today, so he improved....but CC has a point...Sanchez going 1-whatever it was in the first real practice doesnt exactly scream confidence.

As far as Luck- did he complete 27 passes in pads? Sanchez looks good without pads on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Was talking about the Jets QBís and basically said they donít have anyone who can throw the ball. Neither QB is a good passerÖ

They spoke about Sanchez/Tebow going a combined 2 for 14 yesterday and basically Carter said, you almost never see guys who practice poorly perform great in games. Said that there are exceptions to this, but generally if you are uneven at practice, you are uneven come game time.

I agree with this.

Sanchez, despite all the talk about how his body has changed and also by Rex on how he looks great throwing, is still playing/practicing the way he always does. Uneven, throwing picks, not consecutively completing passes. No consistency.

I also was watching ESPN last night and they were talking about Bradford and pretty much said is he going to be the same guy as last year and be like Sanchez or is he going to be another Stafford. Just shows you the lack of respect Sanchez gets outside of Jets forums.

Absolutely. Sanchez has always been inconsistent and when you say he still is, it's cause for great concern. We do need to give time though because he's learning a new system and for better or worse he's our starting QB.

We already know this teams way to make the playoffs is via great defense and a potent running game. That won't change this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Chris Carter probably only saw 1 practice and that happens to be the one where the passing game struggled. Chris Carter also failed to mention that Sanchez is facing a great pass defense, best CB tandem in the league.

Jaws says he sees some improvements in Sanchez, sees hes improved his mechanics.
    On the other hand, his worst day (Sunday) came with Revis on the sidelines.

Hall Of Fame
    I think there is something to this. In the limited amount of plays I have watched from TC this year, he seems to check down a lot. Might have something to do with his struggles. I would think it would make him a better QB, but who knows.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post

ESPN is for fratboys who sleep in. That network is a joke.

All Pro
    I think all Jets fans are concerned about Sanchez -- the ones that aren't are in denial.

That said, practicing against the Jets defense isn't exactly the same as practicing against the Colts defense.

He's right. Yeah, he's going up against a good defense in practice but that should just make him better.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Pace drops INT of Sanchez in 11-on-11 drills.
    Just looking at this, can't help but to think back on those dline INT's from last year. And yet we're still seeing it in practice again this year.

I wouldn't worry about what Chris Carter has to say.

By most accounts Sanchez is having a quality camp so far. If he had a bad day, it happens. We also don't know if the Jets were trying something new...Camp is when it's okay to make mistakes.

Did Chris Carter say that good QB's don't have bad practice days in the first week of camp? That's ridiculous! If they're as good in the first week of camp as they are when they play games why do they practice?

He also attended a practice where the Jets clearly wanted to set the tone for being a physical football team and emphasizing the running game, it was their first padded practice.

LOL at the sensationalistic dorks with ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Just looking at this, can't help but to think back on those dline INT's from last year. And yet we're still seeing it in practice again this year.
    Prove to me that Pace was DL for that throw...

Any Jet fan who claims he's not concerned about Sanchez's growth as an NFL QB
    Is either blinded by his GQ good looks or doesn't watch the same game as the rest of us. Mark at times has played great and at big moments. He also has played as bad as any one could play. This season for Sanchez will most likely be the deciding factor for the Jets to invest major long term dollars into their QB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    so true. the colts defense was last in the league last year. sanchez faces a good defense everyday.

against our defense last year the avg. completion % of opposing QBs was 54.2%, 4th in the league, with a passer rating of 69.6, 3rd in the league. true it's only training camp, but our defense is playing on a high level and they bring it everyday.

a better frame of reference (if there really is one) would be schaub in houston, flacco in baltimore, and palmer in Oakland. good QBs practicing against top defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Absolutely. Sanchez has always been inconsistent and when you say he still is, it's cause for great concern. We do need to give time though because he's learning a new system and for better or worse he's our starting QB.

We already know this teams way to make the playoffs is via great defense and a potent running game. That won't change this season.
    After 3 days of camp, two in pads, with a young and inexperienced WR unit, installing a new offense, no, I'm not concerned, and people need to put some reality into their expectations after 3 days.

The team will need all of camp offensively to put things together, it won't be done in 3 days.

Jets Insider VIP
    This seems to be the trend so far this year: rag on the Jets. Steve Serby is an especially egregious perp of this dooshbaggery this season.

I have my concerns about our QB and they will be answered one way or the other during the season. If he went 10-10 with 3 TD's in yetserday's practice would it make a difference? Not one. Its a new offsense, geez, give them a little time. He's all we got, lets just hope he takes the next step but the media coverage of the Jets QB and the negativity of Sanchez is over the top and I decided to avoid it. I am not letting 1-7 in the first practice upset me, its actually funny